That time again....Suggestions for Toulan

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Hello all

First and foremost let me express my satisfaction with the progress, i am very happy with how things are progressing.

However, me being me, my popcorn brain cant stop racing, ofc i have yet more ideas, suggestions and if you will allow "demands" :) And not least fabulations about what i experience.

Toulan:

Codex: I have for quite some time now been all done with toulan codex, and now moving into double digits on the codex repeats, this is less rewarding then what i can get other places, so i find myself hunting less on toulan, i realize not many are as bonkers as me, but as time goes by more will reach this point, "easily" fixed by introducing new mobs, not least bigger ones and maybe even some with codex rewards of the 4th sub set (ask me for specifics if this is unclear)

Guns, weapons, gear, armor: Such a nice addition with the cuhof armor instances, the markup on the materials is a bit high thus making the armor pices less appealing, but this is also based on player activity, but the use of qaz to make one of the components is a true bottleneck, adjusting the acces to qaz fixes this.

Thers still no good weapons to be had anywhere for anyone above beginner level, i realize this is likely in the hands of MA, but this continues to be a player priority, i realize that thers acces to armatrix line in auction, but most materials for that cant be sourced on Toulan so they tend to end up on caly, localized weapons, even clones of armatrix would be amazing.

Cuhof armor plates: They dropped decently for a while, now seems to be completely stopped, in 4x as many runs as gave me the first 6, i now have 0 dropped past month or so. I have heard some complaints about these, but i think theyre awesome for toulan hunting and i really hope the fact theyre called 1 is an indication that there will be a chance to upgrade these later on.

Adj Baraka UL: The tintures to upgrade these did drop, but very few so, they seem to drop only from cuhof 5 and i have run so many and still not gotten a single tinture, i belive thers 2-3 udgraded parts at this point, and with the average cost to run cuhof, and especialy the cuhof 5, ive decided to cool it a bit, trying to get these.

Flying carpet: Im so very happy that the drop rate of the red carpet pieces was re-balanced, its still no walk in the park collecting enough for a capet, but i was very pleased to have the chance to discover this, i whent overboard and even made a 2nd, but it took a very high effort to do so, this mission is such a nice goal for high effort grinding. Maybe one day itl be allowed to fly outside of VS territory ? this would make this mission even more interresting for more players. (i do relaize thers likely a reason here to do with MA or balance)

All in all i find that Toulan is progressing in a good way, but gathered resources are still either very expensive or not wanted in any quantity, i imagine more localized products, and maybe higher level stuff will greatly enhance this marked, given time and chances.

What i really long for on Toulan:

Shared wave where players can work together with progressively harder mobs, a fierce boss and with even remotely chance of awesome drops, not just like sandking, but exactly like sand king. I realize thers allready sorta something like this, but the wave mobs are to small for any working together to be required, the bosses are fierce but with sorta low hp and theyre just designed differently. And to date i belive no really cool drops from them.

Cuhofs: Ive ran more of these then 99% of the playerbase, theyre still somewhat off, the lamps and tintures in drops are cool enought, but when allmost all runs are resulting in just spendings, it just looses some of the appeal, the fact that some runs awards 0 mirsal just breaks me, when it happends. These just needs more work. Also the whole process needs a look at, its the most asked question, having to form a team alone, to go into the solo instance is just counter intuitive. Giving acces to the rare drops that people need for the cross over mission inside the boxes might be a good idea.

Flora and Fauna center: Id love for this to be adjusted with the chance to hunt the new bigger mobs sizes, currently they only go up to stalker, and some of the appeal to go is gone with me having the codex all done.

End of months events: We did this for a while now, and even if new people comes in and they generaly are a good time, i also get the feedback, that they could use somekind of change, in the very beginning we did get some Jalid armor pieces as rare drop, they seems to have vanished totaly, i for one wold still love to collect a set of armor of this, maybe there could be more loot thats unique for these events, also there used to be more drops of the special stuff these weekends, this is possily either because less people hunt or from the nature of how loot drops work, once x ammount has dropped. I could personaly use a boost of exitement for these. (yes i looted a shop and im still on cloud9 about this, im trying to focus on the bigger picture here :cool: )

Ill likely add more to all this, but let me end by stressing that im very happy with how things progress, its just in my nature to try and suggest what i see as improvements and also try and express what people tell me about their experiences.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I personally agree with most of what is mentioned above, but with a strong bémol.

I'll try to stay impartial here, and just describe things as i see them, rather than as i feel them.

Codex:
This is a universal issue.
Revolving Meta on Codex Repeats has been demanded pretty much on Codex release.
Even though meta would be included on repeat, revolving a 5000ped repeat for one tick on the meta progress would still be inconsistant.
So going round on every planet to "farm" the meta, and kiss a farewell goodbye to every mob stays the logical path to follow for now.
This is temporary, as we all will run out of Meta, eventually, and return to what Hally says.

Guns:
We do have up to 60DPS craftable weapons.
Is it worth crafting them, is now the real question, and we would all have a very different answer to this.
Which overlaps on the next hot topic of the MU//Rarity on materials.
While ressources have sky-rocketed in MU, crafting has also deeped down to near-zero.
Crafting and ressources usually seeing interest on each VUs, common BPs are now being challenging to click.
Using 120% to 200% ressources to craft gear, would make sense only if they would be sold at 150% / 170% MU.
Armatrix stays the logical answer, indeed, for both parties.
Not only MU matters, but volumes in sales, the latter slumbering out.

CUHOF Plates:
This will be tough to discuss without going into game mechanics, but source be tied to the ressources rarity again.
Producing the ressources to enter Armor Cuhof has become so complicated, that the cycle in there is reduced.
Though this is not an isolated issue, since we can also see this events happening on both Cyrene and NI, if you followed the Purpurite case, and Socrate's answer.

Baraka Upgrade:
Regarding Baraka upgrade, Cuhof is a pre-loot2.0 system.
No looter and no multis makes it extremely uncomfortable to work with. (Am I without those 1% Hally?)
Hunting rares within the caves is tough, very very tough, but shouldn't this meant to be?
How rares are nanites for Viceroy?
Regarding this, i would tip for an outdated system rather than a rarity problem.
May as well be a very long term plan, rather than trying a bit too hard on a short period of time?

Monthly Events:
Indeed I was hoping for more stuffs running on events.
While we all can loot an estate (and it doesnt seem to be exiting enough??) I was hoping for more little sweeties.
Last VU extended the Citizenship mission, so i stay happy with this.
Though i agree, Jadid has totally vanished, but wouldn't offer much service, due to a rarity/defense issue.

I think that's all i can add to try and declutter a bit :)

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
"easily" fixed by introducing new mobs, not least bigger ones and maybe even some with codex rewards of the 4th sub set (ask me for specifics if this is unclear)

I agree with this but we then will need more room to hunt and mine and chop down trees otherwise Toulan will become cramped and very agro all the time (players as well as mobs lol) New land mass needed please lol Ant make it so.

Top Bottom