Bazaar with small stalls

Deemer

Hello people,

My suggestion is about population and activity.
I'm not familiar much with the economy, but the advanced players would add details if they liked it.
All values are exemplary!

Do somewhere at the end of the map (if there is interest in unfolding) a bazaar with a weekly rent. A small stall for 21ped/week.
Anyone who has a stall to have something like a document for it.
Who has a document, at each activity - Hunt / Mining / Crafting - counts points.
The amount collected for one week is allocated for each day:
100 stalls - 100 people: 300/2100 ped

1-10% place 5ped = 50
11-30% place 4ped = 80
31-51% place 3ped= 60
50-20% place 2ped = 40
Under 20% place = 0
total: 230

At the end of each day, everyone gets a bonus on their activity and the points are canceled.
The active people will have a small stall to offer their goods, but also the opportunity to be free, even with a small profit.
If there are people who would like to offer goods but to hunt on another planet. They will always be below the given% but will stimulate the local economy.

In the example, I have given a small amount to be relevant even for a new player's budget.
Probably a small prize will not be attractive to an advanced player, but if there are 100-200 active on this planet, even a low level, they would attract even more advanced.

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Hi Deemer. I'm always looking for new ways to trade personally. My question would be how would this be different from using the auction with its auction fee?. Im not the owner or administration of Monria so my imput counts as opinion only. Every moon/planet/asteroid has an auction on it for players with a small amount of items to sell. I don't mean this as a criticism..just not sure how this be an improvement outside of the one to one sales with players or monriatrade which doesn't have fees. I like the idea of a bazaar though...My home town has a store that the original business closed down 10 years prior and they let it be used on Sundays as a crafter's bazaar. They had alot of cool items available and they paid weekly/monthly depending on what they had in RL, that bazaar has been going on now for years with alot of new people participating..(including my husband who loved to make homemade candles a while ago).

I hope this idea can be given a chance but as I said, I'm just giving imput and Im not a decision maker in regards to Monria. :)

Deemer

Hello Zarnia, Thank you for getting involved.

I do not worry about criticism or someone to show me the mistake, if they are based on something worthwhile.. awesome, so do not worry.
I have not said that will be free of charge, but if an active player of Monria in the example I gave, he can regain some of its fees.
It is just a suggestion to stimulate the economy at an early stage with a nuance of event, to attract more people in Monria(the players likes events alot ).

So Ok... I see there is a big problem in the initial stage of the game, regardless of whether you play for free or make a small deposit.
Loot I have, does not fit the blueprints that should be for new players on my logic. Reason for this may be are stimulating trade.

But.. problems in trade at this stage which i see:
-Trade channel, perhaps the tool that is given as a solution for new players. But at the moment, at low activity, I do not think it is an adequate solution. Also for the moment if you are looking for something that I have, but I'm not online, again is not getting. That is, there must be people to be relevant solution.
-I agree that the Auction is the trading tool in the game, but I think it is for advanced players. I had, several whole objects with low value, below 0.10 think, which I found during hunting; at this value they looks awesome for players with less ped. I saw that if I use the Auction for sale, the price of these items increases many times, and the meaning of the sale is actually lost. Аnd if nobody buys them (I think 7 days is the maximum for an item), a new fee that is greater value than the item itself. Also other stackable items, which is on my storage for same reason. So, im disagree is good solution for less budget.

There is a suggestion for Sweat Market.
Monria Born Program - buying sweat to help at this part of newbie players.
Can be make all this in one.

In some of the topics I've read that some blueprints require a large amount for a click. Perhaps purchasing even small quantities of more people may be enough for this player. Now I have small quantities in the storage and probably there are others like me.

Although it promotes retail, it will also affect the more advanced players on the planet. I saw that there is a shop owner selling only welding articles, I can only guess what the reason, but still I think if there are more people and the store will offer other goods.

Probably if Monria population is enough in order to achieve a stable economy, the meaning of this proposal may be lost. But at this stage, I think it is a variant for the purpose, attracting people even from another planet. Probably will be appealing to other new players starting with a small or no deposit for future.

But that's only my point of view, I suppose I have a lot of gaps due to lack of experience.
So if you are interested in the topic, please give arguments why it is not good or additions.
This is just a proposal for discussion, the decision can be taken by the owner based on your interest and the relevant suggestions.

I hope other experienced players to say their point. If there is no interest, the topic will remain in the archive.. whatever, we have nothing to lose.

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Hi Deemer. Ok.. this will be mostly off the top of my head which has been known in RL to get me into lots of trouble..:secret:secret:secret
Trade channel..There is alot of mixed opinions about the any of the trade channels. The perks with them is that there are no fees and you can sell items in low quantities. The issue I had heard about in the past from more experienced players ( I'm just over 2 years old in EU) is there is no real profitability for selling items in small quantities which is why I suspect the auction is geared to higher quantities of an item or items with higher MU. (It doesn't hurt MA it get a fee for players using the auction convenience for each transaction either but I'm probably not being polite to mention that part..lol). So the real question I think would be is is more important for the new player to look for profitability in game or the ability to use items in small quantities to craft small scale vs large scale. Depending on the focus would determine the need for using an auction vs trade one to one with another player in a bazaar or in a trade channel.

Sweat selling..The subject of sweat has been a long term, ongoing problem because the way things are designed in game, while you can go forward with one thing, part of of the marketing process kicks out the sales footing down before any real progress is made. Here's what I personally have seen (which is open to imput from anyone reading this..:)) .

We start with "Let's increase the value of sweat so new players can make ped to play in game." Then someone tries to raise the price of sweat with a plan that is often a very good idea from their side of things. Let's say 3 ped is what they are aiming to get for 1k of sweat. Well, then here comes a buyer looking to craft a higher volume amount of items on a bp using sweat. They would rather pay 1x rather than 3X per 1k. Why?.. Because the market price of the item hasn't increased so they are overbudget before they even start crafting. Part of this I think is an oversight because players have some really good ideas but MA has other ideas and focuses on other things besides compensating the balance of regulating the MU of items if the price of sweat increases. Granted, MA has alot on their plates managing all the upgrades and changes in EU but when it has come to keeping current with the in game economy with regards to sweat, they haven't really followed thru. Again why?..Because most of the good ideas for increasing the monetary value of sweat don't have a long life in EU and just fizzle out. Anything from sweat unions/sweat societies to just taking a stand to not sell below a set profitability price. The Monria Sweat Program has been a blessing to new players because it helps to keep things stable for Monrians but for the rest of EU, sweat buyers due to the game design will probably go with whoever is selling low because they can't afford to do the more honorable course regularly. I like to think positive about people if I can and I think alot of crafters would try to buy sweat with a higher ped value but if it prevents them from being in the black and being profitable, they really don't have an option to choose.

So, I agree with the fact their needs to be a graded game progress with brand new players, noobie players in the first months, mid grade players who are qualified to mentor due to their experience, and the "Wise Old Ones" (who know who they are and I wont tell how old you are and knowledgeable you are unless you do..:). At each level, a player has more options, skills and perspective to grow and build themselves and their options in game. To me, it just seems the upgrades don't always focus on player's needs at the level they are operating at but just a blanket method to "one size fits all". It would be a definite project for the EU game to be able to compensate for each player in this way. I don't think it impossible but it would definitely be a paradigm shift in the way MA has done things in the past (or present).

So, this would be my penny jar view of things with your proposal. I think you have a good idea but implementing it would take resources which I'm not sure Ant would be able to do. It has been repeatedly mentioned in the forum by him and DME that they have plans already drawn out for Monria to fit to the storyline still unfolding and everything cost Ant money to do to change..I guess MA doesn't like to do freebies lol. It would be great if the bazaar idea could be incorporated into the storyline somehow..*shrug*..

Who knows?..Maybe Monrians should talk to MA about it with a frying pan in hand and say Chulthu made them do it :p......that works for me..lol

PZ

Top Bottom