Born on Monria

Lavinia

Hello, my name is Lavinia Whateley. I chose to begin my EU adventure on Monria as I couldn't resist the mysterious and somewhat creepy tales I had heard about events on this moon.

I honestly wasn't aware of the Monria born program, and during my first hour or so on the moon I received a message from DarkMoonEnigma to meet up, where I was delighted and somewhat embarrassed to be given such a warm welcome, including items to help me survive here, and links to a wonderful forum and an amazing interactive map. It did make quite an impression on me, as my previous experience in an online world was arriving in Elwynn Forest, with nobody offering any assistance, and feeling quite lost for what to do next.

I finally had enough of goblins and flying horses, so when a family member mentioned EU I was keen to see here for myself.

I must say I am very happy to see such a friendly and active chatter in the Monria chat window, it does help knowing that I am not alone when I am fleeing in terror from a slavering Shoggoth.

I have downloaded and begun reading the wonderful PDF books about Monria, it did make my skin tingle learning that poetry by Mr Kipling had been found here in a cave. Intriguing but at the same time quite unsettling.

I was startled yesterday by the unexpected sound of trumpets coming from a Shoggoth corpse, and was not at all prepared. Oh dear, perhaps "you are not prepared" is a truism that applies to all games? ;-)

Well, today I was pleased to catch these three while completing the 100 Yog mission. It feels like Monria is welcoming me here, or perhaps simply enticing me to stay with sweet and sticky treats before later revealing to me the true darkness and horror of this moon.

I hope to see you out and about in the caves or craters. If a very pale girl hurtles past you, waving Hellooooo while running in terror from some ugly brute creature, that is possibly me. (the girl, not the creature).

Entropia 2019-07-13 14.22.42.jpg Entropia 2019-07-13 15.15.58.jpg Entropia 2019-07-13 16.12.09.jpg

Edited: changed pictures to thumbnails.

Last edited:

Lavinia

Thankyou very much for the welcome. :)

I spent some time today chasing those horrid Shoggoth, in the hope of obtaining a soft plushie doll. I’m told that the plushies are adorable, but they require a great many Shoggoth in return. I think Mr Malone is exploiting our fondness for cute toys to his advantage! :laughing2

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Welcome to Monria ... sorry for the late reply, but I've been otherwise occupied with an Arkadia field trip and a nasty deep muscle pain in my right shoulder blade that I've been nursing for a week now, so I haven't been readily available.

I'll reply more properly to your initial post when I can.

Lavinia

Thanks very much DME, I'm sorry I couldn't attend the weekend of travel this time, hopefully I can join in on a future travel event. I heard mention of your sore shoulder in Monria chat, I do hope it settles down and you feel better soon.
Last night I read in your report about the mysterious wooden filing cabinet with the very unusual handles, and spent a few hours today exploring to see if I could find any similar artifacts.

I began exploring the surface of a crater, but Mr Yog decided I'd make a tasty lunchtime snack. :-(
Apparently I have gained a new ability to do the splits - thank goodness I decided to wear my shorts during today's expedition. :oops
Entropia 2019-07-15 16.14.23.jpg

After that, I thought perhaps there might be mysteries to be found in the network of caves below the surface. With a mixture of shooting & sneaking I wiggled past the creatures and thought I would easily reach cave TP #2.
Entropia 2019-07-15 16.46.29.jpg

Unfortunately, Mr Yog was lurking in the tunnel ahead. I ran as fast as I could, huffing and puffing and I could see the TP just up ahead and gee I'm going to make it safely there and .... whammo! Thanks Mr Yog for nothing.
Once again I'm glad I am wearing my shorts.
Entropia 2019-07-15 16.49.22.jpg

Entropia 2019-07-15 16.49.29.jpg

Entropia 2019-07-15 16.49.41.jpg

Mr Yog even had the audacity to try using the TP himself. :-(
Entropia 2019-07-15 16.50.19.jpg

Having reached cave TP #2, my search for artifacts continued deeper into the winding, twisting tunnel.
I had to pause patiently atop a large rocky mound, as my path was blocked by a ferocious Vacuity of Perforation. With a name like that there was no way that I was going anywhere near him. Noooo sirree!!
After a while Mr V of P must have become thirsty, as he moved away toward the underground stream.
I leapt from my hiding place and bolted around the corner to cave TP #3.
Entropia 2019-07-15 16.58.57.jpg

Entropia 2019-07-15 17.21.44.jpg

Now, if I had any sense, and had planned to get any sleep tonight, I should have stopped my exploring for the day and returned to the crater surface. But no, being curious and stubborn, I ran down a sloping tunnel hoping to reach the next cave TP. I hadn't gotten very far when I realised there were creatures lurking against the cave walls, waiting for me to draw near before they stepped out into my path. And I swear they had what looked like tentacles swaying on their heads. They were horrible, and I'm sure they will haunt my dreams for many nights to come.
Entropia 2019-07-15 17.26.02.jpg

Horrid, perverted creatures. Once again, I am very pleased that I wore my shorts today. :eek:

Lavinia

Hiya all, just letting you know that I'll be a bit busy back in the real world for the next week or two, so I doubt I'll have time to play. I'll still check in here when I can. I am certainly not going away, and I'm looking forward to continuing hunting Shoggoth & Yogs when I return.
I'll miss you all.
:wavinghands

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Enjoy the real world for a time Lavinia, Your stories are very amusing, and I hope to see more of your adventures when you return, I hope the real world is kinder then the evil natives of monria have been ;)

Kendra

PS Keep those shorts on just in case :)

Lavinia

Thanks Kendra :)

Well, I got in a bit of trouble falling behind in my studies, so I am being careful now to only login to play AFTER I have finished my assignments. :duh

I have missed you all, especially the enjoyable, interesting and often amusing chat in #Monria, and I look forward to running around in the craters again with you all soon.

Luv,
Lavinia

Top Bottom