bugged chaptors ?

Roku

Hello Monria
So i have these to in inventory and they are no trade no value.
Monria Lost Chapter 3 Part 1
Monria Lost Chapter 2
I made an rapport to MA but they say keep an eye out for news on developer forum ... Any news about this ? As it bits abit if i have to redo them again... :)

Kind regards
Roku

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
The Order of the Elder Gods lost chapters mission is not bugged. If you looted those chapters before taking the mission then they won't count. They are no longer tradable and when they were they wouldn't count for anyone else. You have to loot the chapters yourself.

Some get the chapters relatively quickly with maybe one straggler, while others it takes longer. There is no set kill count or period of time to collect the chapters. Each of the 4 mobs have their own chapter - Chapter 1 (Shoggoths), Chapter 2 (Yogs), Chapter 3 (Cultists), and Chapter 4 (Shubs).

For the future, if you have issues or questions for any of our missions at Monria, DSEC-9 or Planet Toulan, it's best to ask them here at the forum and let us have a go at it instead of submitting a support case.

Roku

Hello again
Ill do that next time thanks for the advice.

Tho i can't help but think it was posible to sell and buy them, but they could be used for nothing is that not a bug or error from programmers side that it was even posible?
I have no ideer what i payed (cant even rember that i bought them) back then and that's not the point. Point is you change something after you found out it did not work and did not even compensate the ones that might have bough them.

Have a great week

Kind regards
Roku

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
We inherited the chapters mission when we took over Monria on 11/26/15, and players were told that in order to complete this mission, you had to loot the chapters yourself, but that was also the case at the time when the mission was developed by the previous Monria management team. The reason we eventually asked to have them made non-tradable is because we discovered that a few players decided they were going to sell them even though they could not be used in the mission. Some were even being sold in a few shops and charging high prices for them.

If you were doing the chapters mission and wondered why your mission wasn't being updated after buying the chapters, I'm sure someone told you that you had to loot the chapters yourself.

Also, at the time we upgraded the reward, we posted the mission information in the missions section at this forum and made it clear there as well that the chapters needed to be looted by the player in order to complete the mission:

The Order of the Elder Gods

The reason the chapters were tradable is because they are a decorative piece ... they contain 4 of the Monrian lore chapters written in the description of each of the chapter info screens in the game.

It's unfortunate that you bought the chapters from someone and not able to use them in the mission. It's also a shame that whoever sold them decided to take advantage of those not understanding the mission, but we can't control what players do in this respect, which is why when we discovered that some were being sold, we asked to have them made non-tradable.

I'm sorry you experienced this, but we are unable to refund any purchases of this sort. It's always a good practice to ask other players about a mission before making a choice to buy the items needed to update the mission so that the mission requirements are understood. There are other missions across the universe that require the player to loot the items themselves, so as mentioned earlier, it's always a good practice to make sure the mission requirements are understood.

I have the dialogue from the mission and I'm going to see if we can add text to make this clear. This is the first time that someone has approached us with the issue of actually buying the chapters from someone, because the community is very good at passing the word on that the chapters have to be looted by the player.

I know this is probably no consolation, but we are not able to refund player purchases, and according to MA's policy, all trades are final. It's just a shame that some take advantage of other players in this manner.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Forgot to mention ... we didn't change the chapters to non-tradable because they didn't work, we made them non-tradable so that more players wouldn't be taken advantage of and sold chapters that would not update the mission. The mission works as intended.

Top Bottom