Confirmed by MA ... using vehicles while killing mobs is an exploit ...

Svako

I am merely sharing information regarding the response I got about players using vehicles to shield themselves from damage and decay ... nothing more, nothing less. :)

Definition of exploit: make use of a broken game mechanic/bug in a way considered unfair or underhand

Just to be sure everyone is on same page, we are not shielding ourselves from decay at all. It's pretty much the opposite, we take more decay when tanking with vehicles, so we are only shielding from damage by distributing it to vehicles also (and decaying them).

Let's use some ideal scenario, with constant damage (for better calculating):
Damage of the mob: 150 (100% impact)
Armor protection vs Impact: 50
Vehicle protection vs Impact: 50

Vehicle fight:
If I fight alone
, I take 150 dmg split the following way: my armor absorb 50 dmg and decays accordingly, I take 100 dmg
If I put one vehicle down, I take 150 dmg split the following way: my armor absorb 50 dmg and decays accordingly, my vehicle absorb 50 dmg and decays accordingly, I take 50 dmg
If I put two vehicles down, I take 150 dmg split the following way: my armor absorb 50 dmg and decays accordingly, my vehicles absorb 50 dmg each and both decays accordingly, I take 0 dmg (deflected)

Group fight (with same geared players):
If I have one other player with me
, we take 150 dmg split following way: my armor absorb 50 dmg and decays accordingly, second players armor absorb 50 dmg and decays accordingly, we take 50 dmg split equally, so 25 dmg each
If I have two other player with me, we take 150 dmg split following way: my armor absorb 50 dmg and decays accordingly, second players armor absorb 50 dmg and decays accordingly, third players armor absorb 50 dmg and decays accordingly and we take we take 0 dmg split equally, so 0 dmg each

Conclusion: this is a valid strategy/game mechanic that is not broken or should be considered as an exploit because:
1. decay wise, it's the same if I'm with players, or with vehicles --> no harm to MA or other players --> no unfair advantage for me
2. only gain for me is the ability to do it alone, instead of finding group of people, but for extra cost of decay on my side --> no harm to MA or other players --> no unfair advantage for me

Sorry for the wall of text, but I think example explains it the best, now it's MAs turn to give some reason

T-3

VCAT Team Member
Good afternoon The solution is very simple:
1) if players are banned for using vehicle armor, then you just need to remove all armor from the vehicle
2) if the mobs do not eat flying vehicles and players are given a ban for this, you just need to make the mobs eat flying vehicles.
But! MA is not looking for the right paths. Instead of removing unnecessary (according to MA) functionality, they threaten to ban ordinary players who use the program they have written.
It's just a shame!

Top Bottom