Cuhof suggestion / Feedback

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Heya,

I been running the Cuhofs since VU, and thats a first since 2016.
So i may not be totally up to date, but im taking a lot of notes/pictures/videos about what i see and do.

First suggestion would be, if possible, to totally get rid of the "please make a team to enter" thing.
Besides being annoying, I am actually are very forgetful, and on pretty much every run, i forget to disband my one person team upon entering, start the run, and cant loot my mobs.
Entropia 2021-06-03 16.56.25.png

Second suggestion/question would be: Is that normal that Looter skill is completely left over in instances?
That may very be an MA thing, but if this could be addressed, and get a solid answer from above, that be reassuring.
Looter profession is one of the most, if not the most important profession in hunting, as for now.
It should be seen as a priority, from any serious hunter, to avoid doing hunting activity not affecting looter profession.
We are killing ~ 200 mobs per instance, despites the loot being at the end, kills are here. I think it would be fair that we skill looting in there.
Please keep in mind we usually will be in Cuhof for the long run, weither its for coins or gear, so thats a hell of a lot of skills missed out.

Third is a shy observation, bit too early to be a statement, but seems like changes in Cuhof are noticable.

Fourth came from another player, whom i cannot name, but Morrath suggested i may need blinking arrow by Cuhof doors, since i managed to enter Cuhof05, when i meant to enter Cuhof03. (That is a joke by the way, we dont need to turn Cuhof into Las Vegas, ill be just fine, eventually).

Fifth and last may be irrelevant, but may be relevant too.
My Cuhof attempts from 2016 where showing by Jasmina, but when i clicked to use them, i got a red message saying i needed a full TT key, and the option vanished from the dialogue.
For me, thats a 5 years old attempt, so its not like i am raging that it vanished, i guess i had plenty time to do it. But im thinking that it could be a more common problem.
I could try to sacrifice other keys, for science, since i can make them.
Will see in the near future, if you guys think everythings fine.
I "think" someone else have mentioned it happened to them too, but i been too exited lately to pay too much attention to what was going on in chats.

Thanks a lot for the work, and for reading!
E~

Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Im a adding that we dont really know what the pods on the floor are.

All them three are called Cuhof 0x

I think that the beamy one at the back, is for cells, and the two at the front are for Key.

I get a failed loading screen when trying to enter the left pod in team.
The right pod tells me i need a key (didnt take it on me, on purpose), still being in a team.

The beamy one works, when in team and if holding cells.

So i just think we could do with maybe clarifying the name of each pod, to help understand what each of them do.

Entropia 2021-06-03 17.45.59.png

Entropia 2021-06-03 17.46.18.png

Entropia 2021-06-03 17.46.23.png

E~

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I did an experiment as logging off inside a cuhof, and stay offline for a few hours.
When logging back, i was by the door, outside the instance.

I always thought we could continue if logged off in, and the clock would pause, but seems like not :)

Not sure if thats intentional or not, but i thought was worth mentioning.

FireFist

Shop Owner
I did an experiment as logging off inside a cuhof, and stay offline for a few hours.
When logging back, i was by the door, outside the instance.

I always thought we could continue if logged off in, and the clock would pause, but seems like not :)

Not sure if thats intentional or not, but i thought was worth mentioning.

i talked about this before and others have you lose ur attempt if you log out at all *i should be more specific Cuhof* i havent lost power or anything during a card instance so cant speak towards that one*

Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I never had any problem logging off in card instances, and getting back where i was, but since they are much shorter than CUHOF, i only did this when a crash happned, or when i had to do something around the house, so a 3 hours countdown is way overkill for a 15min instance.

Im still experimenting many things in cuhofs, and making notes, but my guess is that its the same mechanic as Cards.
So when logging off, it should be okay to respawn where you was, but be aware that the countdown keeps ticking while offline, so dont loggoff for more than 3 hours overall (including the time it takes you to complete the cuhof).

*Just verifyied, i logged off after opening the door, went to do couple things, and relogged inside cuhof, where i was, with time off. So the clock is still going while offline. If you log off for more than what is left on the countdown, youll be at the door on relogging.*

I hope this can be changed; besides the cost to enter the cuhof, the no looter mobs until the chests makes a miss pretty expensive.

On a sidenote, theres also no music in Cards/Cuhof instance.

E~

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I just wanted to comfirm what has been told in #Toulan last night.
Very interesting, Forgo mentioned that theres no difference in looting your mobs in instances, or not.
While i never spoke to him personally, Forgo always has very interesting views on the game, and i always drink what he says.

So i verified this, to see if it applied to CUHOF, and it actually does!
I stayed in a team to make sure i wouldnt loot any mob by mistake, since i messed up my first try.

Entropia 2021-06-12 14.40.46.png

Entropia 2021-06-12 14.42.25.png

Entropia 2021-06-12 14.45.12.png

This one is even still breathing!!!
Entropia 2021-06-12 14.45.44.png

Entropia 2021-06-12 14.48.31.png

Entropia 2021-06-12 14.50.16.png

AND THEN, THE LOOT!

Entropia 2021-06-12 14.50.33.png

Entropia 2021-06-12 14.50.44.png

Entropia 2021-06-12 14.50.54.png

So ya, i always believe Forgo blindly, but im not crazy, i tryied it in Cuhof 01 😅
So you do not need to loot your mobs, nor take drugs to autoloot in Cuhof.

Forgo~

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
And now a feedback!

I just closed my cycle, and now waiting for my crafters to finish my order, so here are some numbers coming out...
Cycle started at VU release, and done in CUHOF only.
Wide sweeps from 01 to 05, then 05 to 01.
If i had shorter evening, i was focusing on 05 04 03, so i may have done more of them than 02 01.
Please put your tin foil hat on!

Heres my cycle:

11x Armatrix LB-45
Total uses per sword = 4676
Cost per click (ammo + decay) = 26.271 PEC

Extender P20 = 20% decay absorbed (broke a the end of the 9th sword)

Melee trauma 6
4050 uses

Cost per click = 6.223PEC

So 8 swords with P20
9x 4676 = 42.084 + 20% = 50 500 clicks at 26.271PEC

+ 2 swords without P20
2x 4676 = 9352
9352 + 50 500 = 59 852

59 852 clicks at 26.271PEC = 1 572 393 PEC = 15 723.93 PED
Plus 59 852 uses on Amplifier
59 852 x 6.223 = 372 459 PEC = 3724.59 PED

15 723 + 3724 = 19 447 PED TT Cycled

Of course MU isnt included, this is only TT cycled.
Add to this ~30PED healing, and maybe another 50PED of armor decay~
But my heal tool is at 8 heal per pec, so its not an exemple.

Loot received in Cuhof for this cycle.

Lots of shrapnels, all counted into the cycling above.
Please understand the difference between spending, and cycling here.

Oils, lots of oils. Again, have been crafted, reused, crafting items have been sold, and PEDs reused to repair the amplifier/armor/heal tool.
Cycle!

NEW!
Animal hides / mobs parts. (More directed to a feedback for VS)
In the oder from left to right
Mohkat > Khaffash > Duhol > Qaffaz > Tabtab
An improvement, but not impressive, if i may be honest.
hides.png

Parts
parts.png

WEAPONS / ARMORS
armor.png

weapons.png

With all this ~200ped of wool, and other common stuffs.
Also 25.000 misral token.
Quite a lot of nawacore parts, but i TTd a lot so didnt keep track.
And a discovery on the Quad lamp, but havent found any other item of interest.

Again, tin foil hat people!
This are observations, meant to give a feedback, both to the VS team and any open minded reader.

Now a question if i may?
Since EL is not working here, do you guys have your own mean to keep track of who does what, loot what, and what activity/mobs are being cycled on, and if so, within which amount?
This feedback is kind of, made incase the answer is "no".

Hope this helps,
E~

Last edited:

FireFist

Shop Owner
appears that you dont need to leave the team either in the beginning in order to loot the chests thats good :p

I assume tt return total was still around 80%ish?

Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Thats a good thing indeed, to know that forgetting to leave the team will not affect the loot.

Regarding the TT return, thats a MA thing, so i dont really want to turn the thread into a loot theory thingy.
But i made my own notes while playing the Cuhofs, and as you can see, i was happy to carry on.
Thats a matter of decisions, like everything else in EU.

Since i try to base all my posts on observations, rather than suspicions, and try to stay as neutral as i can though i am extremely biased, i can tell you that adding mob parts, hides, and UL gear into Cuhof is what i call progress.
Especially given that this has been done during a VU that wasnt meant for Toulan.
So, what i can see, is that the future is in good hands.

Now that you mention it, I never tracked the TT return in arkadia instances.
I may try to do a tiny sample next time i fly there.

The goal of them instances are to work your way up (removed by adding cells for access) and loot exceptional gear, of course.
Arkadia will drop them UL swords, very rarely, and parts for the golden door, which it self, is extremely hard to run, and very expensive.
Think the golden key did cost 10.000ped at the time? And thats only the tax to enter.
But thats where you looted exceptional gear, and this said gear is still at ~2 full sets in players hands (dont even think the F set has been completed).

Again, i think we are in the middle of a transition, and certainly going the right way.

Hope this helps,
E~

FireFist

Shop Owner
Thats a good thing indeed, to know that forgetting to leave the team will not affect the loot.

Regarding the TT return, thats a MA thing, so i dont really want to turn the thread into a loot theory thingy.
But i made my own notes while playing the Cuhofs, and as you can see, i was happy to carry on.
Thats a matter of decisions, like everything else in EU.

Since i try to base all my posts on observations, rather than suspicions, and try to stay as neutral as i can though i am extremely biased, i can tell you that adding mob parts, hides, and UL gear into Cuhof is what i call progress.
Especially given that this has been done during a VU that wasnt meant for Toulan.
So, what i can see, is that the future is in good hands.

Now that you mention it, I never tracked the TT return in arkadia instances.
I may try to do a tiny sample next time i fly there.

The goal of them instances are to work your way up (removed by adding cells for access) and loot exceptional gear, of course.
Arkadia will drop them UL swords, very rarely, and parts for the golden door, which it self, is extremely hard to run, and very expensive.
Think the golden key did cost 10.000ped at the time? And thats only the tax to enter.
But thats where you looted exceptional gear, and this said gear is still at ~2 full sets in players hands (dont even think the F set has been completed).

Again, i think we are in the middle of a transition, and certainly going the right way.

Hope this helps,
E~
i was just asking what ur tracked returns were since in ur post it looked like you recorded the cost/decay to accomplish the grind i just didnt see the return on ur grind. and ofc its progress since we have loot with mu now. personally i havent done enough after vu to notice if returns are the same i just assume they are. and idk anything about any other planet instances since ive never done them.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Okay what i can detail you here are basic rules in general hunting.
Again, only observations, and not any "they said".

If you cross my two threads, you will see that i spend 67PED to complete Cuhof 01.
If you look in this thread and add up my loot pictures, you will see that i looted 59PED.
If you look at what weapon i use, and the gear i am using, you will notice i used 70DPS plus a Trauma VI amp.

It cost me 67PED to run, but 59PED on loot, so theres room for 8 missing peds.

Weapons
What i tracked, is that i waste 2 peds on overkill running it with that weapon setup. Thats 6 missing peds now.
I could, and actually should run it with a lower weapon, but i cant be bothered, like most of us.

Defense
I use a 8heal per pec tool, which is actually terrible, so theres that.
I use armor, for convenience, which i probably shouldnt, but im melee, so i take damage.
Getting aggroed by mobs will make me spend more, and I shouldnt, but im melee.
My evade levels are actually above each mobs, so im playing okay on this side.

I play melee, so i spend more on defense than a shooter, so, theres that.

Enhancing
I do enhance my weapons, so on longer runs, with more mobs, the PED leaks on overkill mentioned above is even bigger.
I do enhance my healing tool up to T6, so theres that too.

Regen
If you do not kill fast enough, regen will not be refunded.

All in itself, and reinforced with what has been testing on the loot/dont loot the mobs, Instances seems to be a fixed loot range.
Not in a way that you will loot 59 peds every time, but that as you entered, your surprise in the chest are waiting for you, and you have to get through your way there.
It seems that you cannot affect it, and the loot is sized on a cost to kill only.
What you can do, is to reduce to zero your "extra" spendings as close as the "cost to kill" as you can.
These are basic rules in hunting, but not clear and obvious at all for most.
But the loot in instances seems to respond to that, only.
And since you cannot "global" or "hof" in there, you really have to play nice.

Thats all in TT, both spendings and loots.
And dont forget that TT return is MA, so we are playing against the Devil here.

Again tin foil hat, and dont quote me on all this.
Hope this helps,
E~

Ridan

Awsome guide.
Im abit weirded out by the armor drops.
Only harness and helmets?

The biggest hassle for me so far is the nawa cores. imo 1 - 3 should drop nawa 2 not 3. 4 to 5 can drop 3. That way you can atleast feel progress to some degree.
Also the wepons that drop in there is it even possible to use them to acctualy farm in there? :D

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Hey Ridan,
That was more of a "feedback" thread than a guide haha, but thank you 😅

Everything i looted in Cuhof is filed in there
Guide to CUHOF instances

Which is actually a guide :D
Weapons looted in there are ~15DPS, so that wont take you very far through the Cuhofs.

Hope this helps,
E~

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
So to improve return, ideally it is best to use UL gear to reduce MU on the spend. This makes sense.

If you ever loot that UL sword you need to revisit this experiment.

I have a few UL guns now so I might do a comparison when I get back from Ark
:)
Good work Eleni, please keep up this stuff.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Hey Heidi :)

Its not just about a UL gear.
Basically what you want in there, are the original rules in hunting: Be as economic as you can.
Loot in Cuhof seems to be calculated on the overall BASE cost to kill of the mobs in there, and thats it.
So you just want to diminish your TT un-necessary spendings in there, as much as you can.

So for exemple, a 50% efficiency weapon would drag you down, even UL.
Doing lets say, a last 100 damage shot to finish a mob that has near to no health left, would be, at ~3dmg/pec, a dry loss of 30pec.
This happening on a 200 mob instance creates a gap.

Of course, wearing a mucle-for-brain armor will create an even bigger gap, especially if its a 150% MU armor.
But i didnt engage MU im my calculs, neither spent nor looted.

Heal tool are most often ignored, but theres a huge difference in efficiency betweem a 8heal/pec tool, and a 150heal/pec tool.
This will also create an un-necessary cost.

All this together, may drive people to think "Crap, i spent 70peds and only looted 55, this is bad! I will now go complain!"

Added to this that indeed, MU on token is either a huge compensation, or a huge reward.
Plus, theres no other instance in EU with a chance to loot a deed, which happened in Cuhof 01.
Im sure that guy wont complain about the returns in Cuhof :D

Oh and also, tin foil hats on again, but since looter professions dont skill in there, i have assumed the 7% returns from that profession are phased out. Generally in EU, when your skills contribute to an activity, they help you skill toward it aswell.
But im making a huge speculation here.

So, all this are my personal perception about these instances, and i am convinced that they are still a work in progress.

Hope this helps,
E~

Last edited:

Ridan

Hey Ridan,
That was more of a "feedback" thread than a guide haha, but thank you 😅

Everything i looted in Cuhof is filed in there
Guide to CUHOF instances

Which is actually a guide :D
Weapons looted in there are ~15DPS, so that wont take you very far through the Cuhofs.

Hope this helps,
E~

My point with guns thou is that if they want ppl to grind its far better to let ppl loot guns that help with that.

For example when I go migration I loot alot of guns that I can acctualy use to keep on grinding when killing. In CUHOF when you grind you loot alot of stuff thats basicly useless instance wise. Its imo not productive and should be looked upon by the devs.
I know everything is a work in progress still but I do hope they take things like this into consideration and start to focus abit on making the ride abit more valuble :)

Ive just moved my crafting over here for abit to test the waters and that feels abit similar atm. And for the things im testing now it should not be.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Okay that will be my last Cuhof feedback.

I am closing in at 40k cycled in there since 1st June VU now.
The second half did not bring any magic.

What puts me to stop at this point is that, i just made the point with my skillgain for this month, and i am only at 3000 skills gained, against 8000 last month, and 10.000 for each Feb. March. April. This by cycling much more, and running skill pills, which i didnt in the previous months.
So this is putting me too much offline with my actual goals for this year.

Here are my latest observations though, since my sample is big enough, i think it may be profitable for others, while there are still Pages to claim at the trader.
Regarding Mirsal coins, you will loot average 1 coin per PED cycled.
Sometimes less, sometime more than your cost to run, but on the average, i can tell you that 1PED cost will be 1 Token looted.
You can refeer to my Cuhof guide to track the average cost of each instance, and if you manage to be more eco than the average me, it should be pretty bright in the end.
So a 90.000 Large appartement will require ~90.000PED cycled in instances, from my observations.
NOT spent, Cycled.
I have had only ONE instance not giving any coin, which happened at 30k cycled, so it is pretty safe.

Thus, if i ever decided to continue, and claim the large appartement, i technically could have fall back on my feet, and even make ~3000PED profit by selling it, over all my work in there.
Which i think is a good thing to keep in mind, and should help you understand how much you need, and will cost you to claim a page in the token trader.
Added the chance to loot an UL armor, a page, and token for profit (plus codex and dailies), i think it is going the right way.

So there are definitely been huge improvements in Cuhof, but my goal has never been the tokens, nor the money. And my skilling comes first, so i think it is time for me to get back on tracks with my goals.

I hope this helps, and good luck in there :)
E~

Truman

Good grief, Eleni, every time I think I start to post interesting material I stumble on stuff like this from you :rolleyes

Awesome effort all around for a feedback thread. Cool that you stumbled into @Forgo!

BTW, why not collect those fire flies in CUHOF, aren't they worth something metaphorically at least 🤦‍♂️

> While i never spoke to him personally, Forgo always has very interesting views on the game, and i always drink what he says.

Top Bottom