Damage type Test DSEC-9 ~ MoM

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Entropia 2022-09-20 21.31.25.png

This test has been conducted on small maturities, mostly with AP-plating and stuffs, for accuracy.
Hopefully they match their higher level counterpart.
Please consider that it is possible higher maturities have additional damage types, like Yogs or Shubs on Monria.

If you notice any inconsistencies, please post and i will do my best to look into it.
Need to further the tests on Shubs, as a 2-pattern attack was identified (read below).

divider.png

Shoggols (Shoggoth) 🍖

50% Impact - 50% Cut

Imp X
Cut X
Stab 0
Pen 0
Burn 0
Acid 0
Elec 0
Cold 0
Shrp 0

Zokaraneus (Yogs) 🕸

20% Impact - 80% Burn

Imp X
Cut 0
Stab 0
Pen 0
Burn X
Acid 0
Elec 0
Cold 0
Shrp 0

Cult of Shut'thend (Cultists) 🐙

Impact 45% - Penetration 45% - Burn 10%

Imp X
Cut 0
Stab 0
Pen X
Burn X
Acid 0
Elec 0
Cold 0
Shrp 0

Tegunestene (Shubs) 🍊🍊

Impact 25% - Penetration - Burn (40% at least)
Suspected 2 pattern attacks for same Impact / increased Penetration / less Burn
(need AP-burn plate 15+ to test, if anyone has a set i can borrow and decay a bit, for science!)

Imp x
Cut 0
Stab 0
Pen X
Burn x
Acid 0
Elec 0
Cold 0
Shrp 0

divider.png

Special thanks to
Gatekeeper who crafted most of the missing plates on the minute to support the effort
Dea who babysitted me through the area, the boat trips and for watching me standing immobile for hours
Hally for NOT having AP-Burn plates, but i know the Heart was there​

Hope this helps,
E~

NoMercy

on higher lvl of the yog like mob a buddy was in hermes+5b taking up to 100 dmg and im in lion with 5b taking 30-40 dmg not sure if 80% burn is correct for them at least at higher maturities if there is any thing i could do to help with testing feel free to msg me here or in game

also we didnt do any test on these it was just the numbers that we got hit for while doing the wave events so it could be possible when i was hit i just was getting lucky and being hit on the lower end and he was unlucky and being hit on the higher end

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian

Thanks NoMercy, that is pretty interesting.

The way it is worked out is same as usual:
  1. Find out what is the damage interval of a choosen mob maturity without armor.
  2. Test each individual damage type with armor/plating combination to pinpoint the damage types by observing which decays.
  3. Once damage types are isolated, wear one type only at a value that exceeds the total damage interval.
  4. Deduce the %damage taken if only two types found, or repeat if more than two types.
Here are my logs for Yogs, on Yogs hatchlings:
yog damage.png

1. Damage has been taken without armor until [system] confirms me that i was taking 5.0 to 10.0 damage.
  2. Damage types have been isolated mostly with AP-plates, to avoid head-scratching with odd combinations : Impact + Burn.
  3. Once this was achieved, i have worn a Goblin+Impact plates to cover and exceed 10 Impact, but have zero Burn.
  4. The results were logged until [system] tells me that i was taking 4.0 - 8.0 damage fully impact protected.
  5. 10.0 minus 8.0 equals 2.0 or 20% // Yogs were then 80% burn and 20% Impact.

Looking at your results, it seems that Hermes does not performs very well compared to Lion.

It then be interesting to start the testings all over again, from scratch, on higher maturities.
Usually small to high maturity in a general way in Entropia does not differ, but it is not impossible to see additional types added.
Lion having near to no burn covering makes it very interesting.

Sadly, i have now sold most of my hunting gear, so i will not be able to test on higher maturities.
But following the method above, anyone should be able to find out and deduce if we get additional types, and to what %.

Please let me know if you get any further with this, and i'll happily update the OP for you guys.

E~

NoMercy

Thanks NoMercy, that is pretty interesting.

The way it is worked out is same as usual:
  1. Find out what is the damage interval of a choosen mob maturity without armor.
  2. Test each individual damage type with armor/plating combination to pinpoint the damage types by observing which decays.
  3. Once damage types are isolated, wear one type only at a value that exceeds the total damage interval.
  4. Deduce the %damage taken if only two types found, or repeat if more than two types.
Here are my logs for Yogs, on Yogs hatchlings:
View attachment 20712

1. Damage has been taken without armor until [system] confirms me that i was taking 5.0 to 10.0 damage.
  2. Damage types have been isolated mostly with AP-plates, to avoid head-scratching with odd combinations : Impact + Burn.
  3. Once this was achieved, i have worn a Goblin+Impact plates to cover and exceed 10 Impact, but have zero Burn.
  4. The results were logged until [system] tells me that i was taking 4.0 - 8.0 damage fully impact protected.
  5. 10.0 minus 8.0 equals 2.0 or 20% // Yogs were then 80% burn and 20% Impact.

Looking at your results, it seems that Hermes does not performs very well compared to Lion.

It then be interesting to start the testings all over again, from scratch, on higher maturities.
Usually small to high maturity in a general way in Entropia does not differ, but it is not impossible to see additional types added.
Lion having near to no burn covering makes it very interesting.

Sadly, i have now sold most of my hunting gear, so i will not be able to test on higher maturities.
But following the method above, anyone should be able to find out and deduce if we get additional types, and to what %.

Please let me know if you get any further with this, and i'll happily update the OP for you guys.

E~

awesome ive never done any real testing my self just thought the numbers could be off a bit just because the different armors me an my buddy had been using I had told him it was 80% burn so he threw on hermes an was having a harder time then me in the lion =D and hes much more skilled on top of shoulda been more protection I will take your info and try and perform some test as well to help figure out the dmg types it could be like with the longtooth at lower lvl ones are 100% impact and as they go pass guardian I think it is they become 70/30 impact/penetration so id assume other mobs could be the same way?

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian

Thank you for your nice words :)

It may sometimes seems straight forwards, but there are a few traps to get around before drawing conclusions, especially on high level/damage mobs, why it get more complicated as you go up, and why i test on smaller mobs to get a healthy base.

First thing to consider is the damage interval, without any armor.
This will give you the first basic data you need, and is very important for the next steps.
So as you go up in maturities, you may need some solid heals to help with that, as the logging can take a very long time.

Second thing to consider, and be extremely careful with, is when damage-per-type exceeds 50.
Keep in mind that most armors can only cover up to 50 protection before plates.
So say, a mob is 150-300 damage, and is 50%/50%, you will need an armor+plate exceeding 75 damage per type to log properly.
Why it is very important to isolate your types properly beforehand.
Then this means you will need either expensive armor, or expensive plates to get to this point and pretend to do the testing.

A lot of people get confused between damage interval and damage types - taking a lot of damage does not necessarely means an odd or wrong damage type, but could be a bad understanding of the damage interval, pure and simple.

Last thing is to be careful with a two pattern attack, like rexteliums or thawr.
A mob may be doing a 50% impact and 50% burn.
You will then plate and fully cover the impact matching the correct damage intervals.
There you may find inconsistant results, as for 20-60 damage intervals.
This is not a normal 50/50 pattern in damage intervals, and would mean that sometimes, you then receive more % of one of the type.

This is also important, and happens more often that people would think, even on small mobs, so be careful with those, and avoid drawing conclusions too fast.
While this does not really matter on smaller mobs, this kind of mistake can be very deadly on event mobs, and/or bosses.
In our case, i believe that the yog is a boss event thingy, and does decent damage.

Hope this helps,
E~

Top Bottom