DSEC9 | Beginning Mission Chain Info

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
DSEC9 BEGINNING MISSION CHAIN TO UPGRADE ARMOR

Take the DSEC Armor Upgrade beginning mission from NPC Valeria standing in front of the Outpost building
at the main DSEC9 teleporter.

Take any Monria TP using the drop-down menu at the top right to get to DSEC9.

Following are the mission activities you'll do in order to gain an Access Key and Laptop 01 so that you can enter DEC's Holoroom.

FIX THE RADIO TOWERS

Report to the lookout NPC on floor 2 of the Outpost building behind Valeria.

There is a televator just on the other side of the Revive terminal on the big pillar in the center of the room.
  • Find Radio Tower 1 and boot it, then report to the Alpha area Outpost
  • --- go to the NPC inside the building using the televator located inside the center column
  • Find Radio Tower 2 and boot it, then report to the Alpha-2 area Outpost
  • --- go to the NPC inside the building using the televator located inside the center column
  • Find Radio Tower 3 and boot it
  • Find Radio Tower 4 and boot it
  • Go to Elara Terminus (DSEC9's 2nd teleporter)
  • --- NOTE --- you need to step into the center of the Elara Terminus TP for the mission to update
  • Then see NPC on 2nd floor of building next to the TP
  • You are given the mission to go see Pam, DEC's Personal Assistant in the Terminus (DSEC9) building.
DEC AND DERELICT

The NPC in the Terminus Outpost building on the 2nd floor sent you to see Pam,
DEC's Personal Assistant. Before you can see DEC, you are given some tasks.
  • DEC needs a broken down OTIS bot to be fixed.
  • You are asked to reboot the OTIS bot so DEC can install a patch to reboot it.
  • You are instructed to step into the chamber behind Pam.
  • There are 3 chambers, so check each one to see which one works.
  • You are sent off to reboot the OTIS bot where DEC communicates with you directly.
  • DEC discovers the OTIS bot had been hacked after running diagnostics.
  • DEC sends you to the Engineer in the hangar to collect a USB stick w/Operating System.
  • DEC asks you to reboot the OTIS bot with the USB stick inserted.
  • When you go back to the OTIS bot, this is when you are introduced to Derelict.
  • If you choose to insert the USB to reboot the OTIS bot, there are additional tasks.
  • If you choose not to, the outcome is different … you need to discover this on your own.
  • Derelict continues the conversation with you and sends you to his hideout.
  • --- /wp [DSEC9, 35265, 19123, 152, Waypoint] -- entrance to Derelict's Cave
  • You are instructed to go to the Comms Terminal.
  • Derelict gives instructions on how to get your Access Card to DEC's Holoroom.
  • Derelict sends you to see Steve the Engineer to get your Access Card and return to him.
  • Derelict gives you a Laptop that gives you Level 1 access to DEC's mainframe.
At this point, the rest of the mission chain is gathering broken parts to trade for working ones which are used to upgrade the DSEC Basic Armor that is looted from the DSEC9 mobs.

The DSEC Basic Armor can be upgraded to the following:

1-DSEC-BasicArmor.png 2-DSEC-AdjustedArmor.png 3-DSEC-ImprovedArmor.png 4-DSEC-ModifiedArmor.png 5-DSEC-AugmentedArmor.png 6-DSEC-PerfectedArmor.png

At this point, go to Shadow's thread on how you Upgrade your Laptops to get to Laptop 04 so you can take the new DSEC9/Toulan crossover mission chain.

NOTE ... The activities for the crossover mission and what's required will not conflict with the mission activities for the main DSEC9 mission chain to acquire items to upgrade the DSEC9 Basic Armor, especially the 2 hour picking missions.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
First post has been updated with the beginning mission information for the DSEC-9 mission chain up to Upgrading Laptops, but there is a link to Shadow's forum post with this information.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I edited the first post to indicate that you need to step into the center of the Elara Terminus TP for the mission to update ... it seems that currently, the waypoint given is a bit off ... could have happened during a VU or Patch ... we are looking into it.

Luar Azulado

I can't progress on this mission.
I'm on Dec and Derelict quest.
After sent to reboot Otis i was not sent to speak with the engineer, but check some places around as "Check out Terminus" that idk where to go and "the view from first balcony" and for that i need some card acess i guess.
Am i missing something?

Ups.... sorry i found a stairs to reach balcony and everything fine now. :jumpclap :jumpclap :jumpclap

Last edited:
Top Bottom