DSEC9 | Suggestions / Feedback

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Please use this thread for all Suggestions and Feedback for DSEC9 so that we have it in one place and Ant and Kendra can see it.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
What do you mean zone time needs fixing, and not sure what you mean by interactive page for DSEC9.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Okay, since you guys worked so hard on this, ill spend a few minutes to feed the first thoughts on todays VU.

Overall amazing!
Logged in, tryied to refine yog/shub hides, no luck :D
Then headed to DSEC9, hopped all over the place with TP chip, and died everywhere i landed.
Naughty naughty these are!

Then i thought i'd start from the start, by the missions.
Those DSEC guys are from another world, litterally, real creeps!

Following the mission that was good fun, i personally got stuck, but everywhere i went, i kept thinking of this tiny Baraka armor awaiting on Toulan, calling my name.
So i think i used that stuck up mission as an excuse to fly home and get to work.

I didnt get the sound until i relog, but i heard some of the musics, and they are amazing!
I promise ill listen to them all when i come back! Really loved it!

From what i can see, theres finally an upgrade mission, thats pretty amazing!
I personally am not too keen on the design, but dont quote me, i dont like any armor in EU....
The damage are pretty cool, i was after an armor with Elec/Acid for Wahesh, and that would be nice!
I heard the upgrade is a playtime of 2 hours daily. Amazing! A chance for everyone, and build up the MU on parts. Smart!!! Love it!

Toulan ores on indoor mining, oh my... YES!
For lazy miners like me, this is amazing.
I hate mining, but i need the HPs, and getting big stacks of rocks per drop is amazing!
Ive had 3x IX ample on arrival, im delighted. You guy will get me a reason to mine!
And since i dont sell, ill be able to manage to get decent stacks to make my Toulan gear!
Really happy with that!

Robots, well, i didnt want robot on Toulan, but i know tons of people wanted.
You guys got them next door, and preserved Toulan, im over the Moon! (If i may)
Though this is pretty amazing! High level Toulan creatures! YES!
This annoying Caboria can now be hunted on land : YES!
Low HP and LV Dahhar now is much more bulky : YES!
Love it!

Storyline, wow...
I loomed it all in my head, but i didnt see that one coming!
BUT! As i said before the release, Ill keep an eye on that Nara, i have a bad feeling about her!
And i didnt want a chip in my head! Meh!
And if you think i didnt notice the firecamp at the first TP, where they like drinking their vodka, your wrong!
Im expecting to have a go next time i come!

Now back on Toulan, hunting for that Baraka.
Wondering if stats are similar to L of course.
But, Miles would agree, we always sworn to work hard when ULs would hit Toulan, and hope it would be a matter of hard work to loot them. Again, not disappointed, and is all in par with what we ever wanted.
So ill put the work into this, and that be my best side of the VU, so small it may look.
This is a rupture with a 6 years of silence and frustration, blooming again into all we ever hoped for.
So that Baraka, released in 2016, only looted under VS three months ago, now UL, is pretty super sentimental.
I hope its not as hard as Monria armors to loot, but ill definitely put a solid work into trying.
And this only rises hopes for the upcoming Toulan VUs.

Now Cuhof offers a UL chance, Misrals, which ill collect in hopes items lands into the broker; else ill be missing out on MU, thats my decision; added to Codex and dailies.
Cells and sweat should boost quite a bit from these aswell.

Very happy with all this, even if i snooped away to go home pretty early, but im very attached to my home :)

Ill finish on one of the rare picture i took. They are definitly not behaving like any fellow human..
Entropia 2021-06-01 12.53.52.png

E~

Last edited:

Duhword

First off i just would like to say amazing job guys, it really is great! My only real complaint is just the awkward size of everything. the wave areas are so big you have to literally hop in your car to look around and find the mobs at times. the running back and forth to get through the start mission, same problem. I like the size of the map, but wish there was more tp's. Honestly everything could stay the exact same and i would still like it... however please allow more zoom on the map, it like doesnt even fill the map box up if you go full size. which surprised me, i thought it was a tiny place.

Leent

Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Hello!
I would like to say that im amazed with this expantion! And im really happy that Monria is growing, and that's only beggining!

But uh... i wanted to make a little suggetion... i would love to see a little smaller agro range on Bot CB mob...
They can surround me in seconds....

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hello!
I would like to say that im amazed with this expantion! And im really happy that Monria is growing, and that's only beggining!

But uh... i wanted to make a little suggetion... i would love to see a little smaller agro range on Bot CB mob...
They can surround me in seconds....

That's Ant's way of saying we love you guys ... they are ankle biters like the Tantillions on Calypso. 😮

Be happy they don't crawl of your legs ... oh, did I give a suggestion there. :p

KrazySmitty

Space Cadet
I would like a low lvl bot say lvl 8 or lower even tho I've been playing this game forever my armor and hunting skills are in the beginner stage :), i need robot parts and the low lvl creatures don't drop robot parts for crafting ;)

Deatz

VCAT Team Member
What a fantastic job on DSEC9, congratulations, as I know this was a huge effort by all of the VS staff to make it a reality. This may draw some heat from other players, however, the push for increasing the armor drops is not needed. There is no other armor quest in EU where both the upgrade parts and base armor are simple with little effort to gather. The fact that it prevents mass farming like on other planets has appeal.

Svako

Considering how many parts are needed, drop should be increased a bit maybe, hard to say.
MOD version is the one most people will be after (just a guess) and you need 8 parts for it for each slot, so 56 together of correct slot and sex. 1 part/week will make it over 1 year to get one complete set of MOD armor. Might be even more considering that area is the most crowded now after the release.

On the other hand, we don't even know the drop rate yet, we have very short time sample to judge :)

Leent

Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Considering how many parts are needed, drop should be increased a bit maybe, hard to say.
MOD version is the one most people will be after (just a guess) and you need 8 parts for it for each slot, so 56 together of correct slot and sex. 1 part/week will make it over 1 year to get one complete set of MOD armor. Might be even more considering that area is the most crowded now after the release.

On the other hand, we don't even know the drop rate yet, we have very short time sample to judge :)

Drop rate is at MA’s hands
If we will remember what happened with gorgon set, there is no need to panic
All will be good, just need some patience

Sulje

Hello @DarkMoonEnigma ,

I am still not seeing armor parts being dropped that often, just a little math behind why everyone is talking about this problem, and not even bothering grinding dsec9 / collecting parts.

So to make an upgrade, you need 2 parts of previous armor version/upgrade.

To make set, you need: 7 Perfected,14 augmented, 28 Modified, 56 Improved,112 Adjusted and finally 224 Normal parts.. So far total number of "base" parts that was ever looted were 3. See where this is going ?

The parts should drop very very often, like every 10-20 mobs = 1 part (at least), to make the armor worth money invested, and worth grinding for it.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hello @DarkMoonEnigma ,

I am still not seeing armor parts being dropped that often, just a little math behind why everyone is talking about this problem, and not even bothering grinding dsec9 / collecting parts.

So to make an upgrade, you need 2 parts of previous armor version/upgrade.

To make set, you need: 7 Perfected,14 augmented, 28 Modified, 56 Improved,112 Adjusted and finally 224 Normal parts.. So far total number of "base" parts that was ever looted were 3. See where this is going ?

The parts should drop very very often, like every 10-20 mobs = 1 part (at least), to make the armor worth money invested, and worth grinding for it.

First, appreciate your feedback, but your comment about there not being anyone grinding for parts at DSEC-9 is inaccurate because there are plenty of people at DSEC9 working on the mission parts. Also, the armor is not supposed to drop frequently, otherwise everyone WOULD be there grinding just to get the parts and the armor as quickly as possible.

It's all a balancing act, and balancing is MA's thing, but ... the new armors on other planets aren't dropping very often either. However, 2 armor pieces dropped on DSEC9 just yesterday (Wed). Also, Ant is keeping an eye on this as he mentioned in the DSEC9 Bugs thread, so we have this covered and are monitoring it.

Reading the DSEC9 Bugs thread is also very informative, and Ant is responding there as well. :)

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
What a fantastic job on DSEC9, congratulations, as I know this was a huge effort by all of the VS staff to make it a reality. This may draw some heat from other players, however, the push for increasing the armor drops is not needed. There is no other armor quest in EU where both the upgrade parts and base armor are simple with little effort to gather. The fact that it prevents mass farming like on other planets has appeal.

We talket abou this ingame, and while i get what your saying, i do feel like its to low, also bear in mind that thers also the 500GB HDD as rare part for every upgrade, and with 192 armor parts needed of same gender for anyone to ever end with the perfected, and 5x7 of these other stop items, + a very high number of computer parts/broken parts, i think its given that we will see a higher drop rate eventually. If there wasnt the other stop items in the equation i would be more onboard with what your saying. But one thing i will say, its exiting to try and get it :cool:

Forgo

Suggestion for the team regarding the use of trackers and ease of programming.

The suggestion is to have ma put DSEC in the globals for those mobs.

I have a tracker I built for globals and many other needs, and have been contacted by the EL team in the past to help with their tracker.
When its running on my end it tracks everything quite nicely and is shown at my site which has over 50k globals so far, so a nice dataset going with a decent way of searching it.

One of the methods I have kind of in beta on the site as I build it is the global search by location.

In the course of programming my tracker to reflect the DSEC mobs, I have realized that DSEC breaks convention for the first time in EU.

On Calypso the Monria globals are segregated from the rest on that server by having the name in the global, same with FOMA/caly, CP/caly, ARK UG/ark ect

The toulan server now has globals that are not segregated by the location for the first time, which will make tracking globals by location a bit more involved to program on our end.

It's not that the globals wont be tracked its that when they get put into the database with no specificity that it would be difficult to assertain the location for searching by area without adding a bunch of extra code for this specific use case. I am unsure how much time the current devs of other trackers have for such things, which means potential delays to have data all other areas already have in place on sites like Entropia Life.

The other convention DSEC breaks by the way is the naming, very small deal but most gens are 1-10 on mobs on other planets in the database.
Again, just a suggestion for possible for simplicity of avoiding delays for having devs code for it specifically,
The extentions of gen-01 THR-01 DHR-01 are all exra global verbage to be wary of in code since these need to be defined and broken apart or matched specifically in order to determine the 01 from the THR or DHR ect as well as needing to be defined in order to chop it from the mob name for other database purposes (at least using the entropiawiki model).

gen01-gen10 has already been used, coded for and in place on other mobs so its a bit easier anyhow to ensure data links correctly between datasets.

Just a thought anyhow , thanks and good luck
keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Synial

Was thinking about some mobs I may want to hunt in the future and wanted to bring up an issue only really known/relevant to melee hunters on DSEC.

OTIS and FURY have an AI setting where instead of coming into melee range they stand about 10-20m out from the avatar after being engaged in combat. In addition to this, they move backwards/defensively-retreat the first time you approach them (run into melee range).

As far as OTIS goes, this is just a nuisance.. but due to the high movement speed of FURY, I have at times witnessed them move backwards, hit a rock, and fly hundreds of meters away due to their velocity when hitting a sharp incline/Z-axis change... then you have to wait for them to run back.

This makes it so whenever someone who primarily uses melee wants to hunt these mobs, they have to tag the mob from extended ranges to get the mob to end up in the place they actually want it, make sure they are on flat terrain when running towards the mob, and realistically, they will spend more time waiting for mob travel than actually killing said mob.

Again, not relevant to the vast majority of players that use ranged weapons, but just wanted to bring it up as a possible QOL change for melee users :D

Top Bottom