VS Media Team
VCAT Co-Founder
VCAT Team Member
Upgrading your Laptop.

Required:
  • Access Card
  • Laptop 01
Access Card.jpgLaptop 01.jpg

To get these you will first need to do the initial DSEC-9 Missions which you can get from Valeria by the DSEC9 TP. --
/wp [DSEC9, 33280, 16852, 145, Waypoint]

Work through that mission chain until you have the Access Card and Laptop 01.

break-c.png

Upgrading from Laptop 01 to Laptop 02.
You need to speak to the Workstation 2 in the Holoroom - /wp [DSEC9, 36099, 20232, 104, Waypoint]
You will receive the mission: Laptop Level 2.

• You need to loot the 12TB Laptop HDD.
12 TB Laptop HDD.png

Once looted you will need to go speak to Derelict (computer) at the cave to hand in the mission and item.
Derelict's Cave Location -- /wp [DSEC9, 35263, 19120, 152, Waypoint]

Reward: Laptop 02.

Laptop 02.jpg
break-c.png

Upgrading from Laptop 02 to Laptop 03.

You will need to speak to Workstation 3 in the Holoroom - /wp [DSEC9, 36099, 20232, 104, Waypoint]
You will receive the mission: Laptop Level 3.

• You need to loot the Laptop RAM.
Laptop RAM.jpg

Once looted you will need to go speak to Derelict (computer) at the cave to hand in the mission and item.

Reward: Laptop 03.
Laptop 03.jpg
break-c.png

Upgrading from Laptop 03 to Laptop 04.

You will need to speak to Workstation 4 in the Holoroom -/wp [DSEC9, 36099, 20232, 104, Waypoint]
You will receive the mission: Laptop Level 4.

• You need to loot the DSEC OS 2.0
DSEC OS 2.jpg

Reward: Laptop 04.
Laptop 04.jpg
break-c.png

Note: All parts can drop from any mob as long as you have the mission. Most people go to the OTIS as it is right outside of Elara Terminus.

Attachments

• Access Card.jpg
    Access Card.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Laptop 01.jpg
    Laptop 01.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 259

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Just as a feedback,
I looted my Laptop 02 and 03 in under 10min each part on the same day, Otis 01 to 03.

Then OS 2.0 took a bit longer, but since it was so quick to loot the previous ones, i got impatient pretty quickly too.

After 3 sessions of less than 1 hour on Otis Gen 01 / 03, i looted OS 2.0 for Laptop 04 upgrade.

I had the broken part looting mission active at the time i looted the OS, if that matter, and hunted with a terribly slow, low damage, and inefficient rifle, Enkidd Howler S.4.

So i think anyone can actually do this mission pretty quickly.

sahel

what do you do after you get laptop 04?

Start the crossover mission chain:

aVaLON_52

Start the crossover mission chain:

I saw this post with some details of the crossover chain, but which NPC do I talk to to start this process after getting the laptop?

ah nvm, I see your post is expanded :thumbsup

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
I'm not 100% sure about this but i think i've seen someone say that you cannot get laptop parts in a team.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
After we disabled the 2 hr missions with the 5 hr cool down and made it so that all parts dropped in regular loot, it became possible to loot the parts in a team. However, I can't speak to your specific question directly because it's an unknown variable, so someone who might have had this experience, or aware of this dynamic would have to respond.

AxeMurderer

It's nice that you can loot them in team. I just wonder do you have to do the killing hit, or more than 50% damage, or it doesn't matter.

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
After we disabled the 2 hr missions with the 5 hr cool down and made it so that all parts dropped in regular loot, it became possible to loot the parts in a team. However, I can't speak to your specific question directly because it's an unknown variable, so someone who might have had this experience, or aware of this dynamic would have to respond.
I'm pretty sure the that 2hour mission had nothing to to with the laptop upgrade parts

It's nice that you can loot them in team. I just wonder do you have to do the killing hit, or more than 50% damage, or it doesn't matter.
As i understand it that is going to depend on teamloot settings. As with any item in loot my gues it i will go to who is in line to get the item in that team.
If your hunting with someone that does not have that mission ,they cannot loot said item.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thanks LS ... I messed that up and should pay more attention to this hurricane stuff and not respond to things that are not getting my full attention. :thumbsup

Top Bottom