Elara Terminus Mining, mostly Lyst and Oil

Coilshot

As of lately mining in this area has mostly only resulted in Lyst and Oil, and very few other Caly ores and Enmatter. I also haven't seen any Toulan ores/enmatter in this area lately. It has been discussed in chat with other miners that they are getting the same results. I have a list of locations that used to produce lots of different resources that no long do.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
As of lately mining in this area has mostly only resulted in Lyst and Oil, and very few other Caly ores and Enmatter. I also haven't seen any Toulan ores/enmatter in this area lately. It has been discussed in chat with other miners that they are getting the same results. I have a list of locations that used to produce lots of different resources that no long do.

I followed the Monria chat regarding this and the issue was mainly that Nawa Drops couldn't be found on DSEC-9 for the Rais mission. It was shared by Shadow that she found them close to Synth Wave 3, close to the radio tower, and close to the Tele-Pod. However, some are expressing that they aren't able to find the Nawa Drops specifically, even though they know they can go to Toulan to get them quite easily. The contention is that they should be able to get them at DSEC-9 too.

I'm hoping that someone will be willing to work with me to create a mining map of the 3 sections at DSEC-9 like Sherwood made for Toulan, because I think this would be most helpful. I can't play the game, so I have to rely on people to gather this information.

Synial

Nawa Drops have been rare on DSEC since it released.

The process of extracting them is used in DSEC missions to create RAM cartridges. (This statement applies to many toulan ore/enmatter - not just nawa).

Nawa is (since update 17.14) used in the Welding Wire blueprint.

DSEC-9 follows indoor mining rules... So if people were able to just fly to monria, go to dsec, drop a few probes and gobble up the nawa - they would be able to warp down to caly and make their welding wire with 0 need for import/export from Toulan.

Unless it's a happy coincidence; the rarity is by design.

The simple answer to anyone doing the crossover mission is to just fly to Toulan and mine there. If someone thinks a flight to Toulan is a big deal to progress the crossover... odds are they aren't completing it anyway. Don't sweat it. 🤣

Coilshot

Did a run last night south of Elara near Alpha_2. 170 drops (340 together) of each ore and enmatter resulted in 16 claims of lyst and oil. Zero toulan ore/enmatter in an area that used to produce plenty of them including nawa. I used an F-106 with T1-3 depth (asd 711m) and an F-102 (asd 323m) with out enhancers, no amps on either. Half of the drops on each finder, in exact same area. BTW most claims were found with the 102 and those drops were after the 106.

fric

i gave up after a few weeks of trying to find nawa when i was done with the damaged rams and took a triple warp monria-toulan-monria since it took like 5 mins to find on toulan...but i agree witt coilshot it was almost only lyst and oil i found in DSEC-9

Top Bottom