Entropia Life Tracker | NEWS

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I found this thread at the Calypso forum and posting it here because it looks like the EntropiaLife Tracker system is being updated ... it also seems that anyone running the EntropiaLife Tracker app is going to need to update their client account at the site. This might be a good thing, especially when it comes to Toulan ... maybe it will help us to better track globals/hofs ... if you aren't running the EntropiaLife Tracker, maybe considering doing so. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Im not sure if i have anything to do?
I look on the app page and it says version 8.2.2.2, so its all done by itself?
Do you run the Entropia Tracker? If so, then according to what I read, it seems like your client account might need to be updated at their website ... and if it's not updating by itself, then it was stated that you might need to uninstall and install the new version.

N1x

Few days ago I've installed the software and adjusted every setting according to EntropiaLife, but it doesn't work for me as well. It didn't record my globals, and the particular Toulan mobs I attached to my page, are inconsistent. I'm assuming this only applies to our planet, when I look at other planets' data it looks steady and consistent.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Yes we are in dire times again with the tracker.
I personally tried to re-install it a dozen of times since the update, but the thing crashes within minutes, and is nowhere to be found on the computer.
Following what has been said on PCF, and advices.

Toulan always had a major issue with the tracker, for unknown reasons.
Mostly missing out mining globals, and even hofs which are seen and caught universe wide.

Toulan usually shows as uknown or offline location on EL.
Has it been improved? No idea.

At peak times on weekends it looks like theres about 60 to 80 players running the tracker universe wide.
Thats pretty poor when monthly hunting ranks are in the 4000 players/teams range.

So my guess is that the tracker is too unstable since the update, and not many managed to make it work.

I am personally already missing about 5 years of globals on my EL, so i am really not bothered about it anymore.
Though screenies were nice to have.
Also my favorite/most hunted mob on EL was, until mayhem this year, showing as being Yog, which is a mob i barely hunted in 2016. So thats how it as been until now, through the years, to give an idea.

Here is a comment from Miles, from awhile ago, that explains it better than me.

Tracker has always sort-of worked on Toulan, but some aspects have never worked. The main issue has always been too-few players running tracker to catch globals - only universal HOF's (all kinds) get recorded. With the big update last December, and massive increase in players, globals were being well-recorded for a while, but as things settled down coverage dropped, first in off-hours, and then all but really busy times, and then not much at all.

However, there are a couple of other things to test that never worked. I've reported these before, and they are on Ant's endless (I'm sure) to-do list. Since they may be things that EL had to fix, would be good to test.)

1) Toulan-specific ore and ematter Globals and HOF's were never recorded (even Towers)
2) When you were on Toulan, and went to EF, you show you as offline (As soon as you leave Space and enter Toulan, your location in EL would swtich to Offline)

As a player who mostly lived on Toulan since it was discovered, I have a very odd (and incomplete) Tracker history :D

Peace, Miles
So i am personally not too optimistic about the tracker working anytime soon on Toulan.

Hope this helps,
E~

Edit: The “not enough trackers running” is applicable to NI RT and Cyrene aswell.
Theres usually less than 5 running, so EL will mostly record Calypso and Arkadia.

Last edited:

N1x

Well thanks for claryfing it Eleni. What makes me surprised is, it can track some people's activity even if it's small global etc. but for some people it can't, including me. Probably a bug.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Yes, i am not sure about your specific situation, but thats exactly what we mean by “tracker is not working” : as for strange things happens, and nobody seems to have a rational answer to it.

So people will just say, please run the tracker, and if 5 or more players do this, then it will work.

Which in theory, should ; or works better any ways.

Though since the latest update, running it seems to have become a challenge for most.

Crossed fingers for the near future, you never know :)

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
I redownloaded yesterday and seems to run fine so far.
Even when 5 people are tracking it still fails to log globals (tested that some years ago) and support seems to not bother with it as you always get the same answer. Not enouf people running the tracker.
So yea, i also gave up a long time ago.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I redownloaded yesterday and seems to run fine so far.
Even when 5 people are tracking it still fails to log globals (tested that some years ago) and support seems to not bother with it as you always get the same answer. Not enouf people running the tracker.
So yea, i also gave up a long time ago.
Thank you for confirming that i am not crazy ❤
Not entirely any ways.

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
If i can get a global today i'll know wether global pictures works or not.

Edit : So had a couple of globals now and changed things like picture png, to bmp and all the other types, even the map location were they are saved. No global got tracked and no global got screenshotted. I used to get black screenshots so it actually works even less now. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom