First Impressions by Tina

Tina

Looks good, Cool creatures, TERRIBLE LOOT, Waste of PEDs, Don't hunt don't fly don't Dream of toulan... You will have nightmares I promise.

4 Different Loots
No Mob specifics
No Change in Loots per Creature.
No Breaking even, Always a 20% Return.
Creatures have retarded amounts of health for the amount of loot they drop.
Garbage mining 20% Returns as well.

I am not trying to hate on Toulan, But there have been lies told about mob specific loots. You added residue.

Waste of Oil to fly here even though it looks Cool.. Looks won't get you everywhere..

Best regards.. Good Luck.. Good luck with Toulan.

Last edited:

Svarog

TERRIBLE LOOT
That's subjective. The week I spent here was the longest tt breaking even streak in a very long time, both in hunting and crafting. I came with 8k peds of cash and a week later left with roughly the same value of components crafted from looted oils, sold them on Caly with profit and next week am going to go back :)

RAZER

I don't get how people can be so negative about a planet that is here now about 6 days and is still in Beta (yes I know many feel the entire universe still is). People just don't see what else there is to do other then just hunt stuff and make money. Explore the planet walk around discover weather types that we have not seen before, see creatures doing all sorts of different moves (Teenage Mutant Ninja Tabtab for example). To be honest this planet feels great to me and brings back memories of a long time ago. The fact that little diversity in loot is a problem these days is what is the problem with the game not the fact that there is little diversity.

The focus is to much on making money (or trying to do so) and to little about enjoying a planet and that is both the case for players and planet partners. In this case Toulan is doing the opposite for me, making a beautiful planet first and putting in the other stuff second.

Ridan

I don't get how people can be so negative about a planet that is here now about 6 days and is still in Beta (yes I know many feel the entire universe still is). People just don't see what else there is to do other then just hunt stuff and make money. Explore the planet walk around discover weather types that we have not seen before, see creatures doing all sorts of different moves (Teenage Mutant Ninja Tabtab for example). To be honest this planet feels great to me and brings back memories of a long time ago. The fact that little diversity in loot is a problem these days is what is the problem with the game not the fact that there is little diversity.

The focus is to much on making money (or trying to do so) and to little about enjoying a planet and that is both the case for players and planet partners. In this case Toulan is doing the opposite for me, making a beautiful planet first and putting in the other stuff second.

I would say the post is bout bad loot in general not Toulan specifik :D. However its a valid point bout only 4 types. Its hurting Toulan. I dont get that MA that knows how this works dosent put up a basic valid strukture for new planets. Basicly a basic eco for a starter planet. As is now U explore and enjoy for a few days then U leave.
Its not about money for us but it SHOULD be for Toulan. Wanting to keep us here should be a prio. And without loot there will be no crafting, without crafting no reason for mining. So basicly it stops the economy of a new planet.

Stig

Toulan has been great for me. Interesting mining, even though it is mostly Oil and lyst it has been a project for me to map it out and now I am only missing Youd in my collection :).

I really like the planet, the creatures, the lore and I throroughly look forward to the future of Toulan. IT IS STILL IN BETA...... so give it some time before you put it down.

Tina

That's subjective. The week I spent here was the longest tt breaking even streak in a very long time, both in hunting and crafting. I came with 8k peds of cash and a week later left with roughly the same value of components crafted from looted oils, sold them on Caly with profit and next week am going to go back :)

So you broke even with 4 different loot types that have a 1-3% markup on Calypso and you profited. Not only are you lying but I am pretty positive you are an affiliate for the owner of Toulan.

As said the current issues is not the planet itself. The planet LOOKS AMAZING cool feel cool sounds, different architecture involved in many different ways to enjoy the walk around.

The issues are the 4 loot types, Oil and Lyst for mining as said, No planet specific items and there is no planet specific mob drops. Regardless if Toulan is a BETA PLANET, It is a joke how there is no other loots besides the 4 main loots I have stated above and others have stated in other posts.

Don't get me wrong I like Toulan I think the planet and creatures look cool and have a great feel too them. Its the Economic problems that make Toulan a bad place to be right now, Not only me but PLENTY of others feel the same way.

If I were to buy a planet make a deal with MA, I would want to keep some players on my planet having them create their new home on my planet.. That will not happen with Toulan sitting the way it is, And people will not risk it.

Toulan is a Great looking planet, The Architecture work the sounds, creatures and feel of the planet are very unique and worth the trip to experience, But hunting and mining on Toulan is not worth 1 shot with an opallo.

Last edited:

Svarog

So you broke even with 4 different loot types that have a 1-3% markup on Calypso and you profited. Not only are you lying but I am pretty positive you are an affiliate for the owner of Toulan.

I didn't call you a liar for your supposed "20% Return" even though I can't imagine how's that possible, especially since shooting in the air doesn't consume ammo anymore; or how < 50% return is possible, for that matter. I just accepted that you had an extremely unlucky experience and shared mine. Note that I didn't say a word about anything but loot, because I see the current planet's state as a too early draft to make any appraisals yet. They haven't even had a chance to do any fixes after the launch.

Yeah, an affiliate, right. They pay me by putting 80% bonus in my loot :)

Cool FIre

mrs cool fire and I have been here since the second day at least I think it was the second day, may have been the first. We have had a nice time, lots of places where the loot was not so good, but have found a few spots where could actually say have seen a tt profit on a few hunts.

Only oil and lyst on my mining attempts but that should change soon

Now if I crafted all the oil then it would be even better, sadly I left my books on caly : anyone want to bring me a bp so I can craft my oil :)
the one on auction was way to high priced

MindStar9

I haven't visited Toulan as yet, but Obie and I are planning an adventure when we can fit it into our schedule, and are looking forward to it. We love exploring, and we've both been more social-focused over the years rather than hardcore gamers from a "play" perspective. However, the first 3 of my almost 9 yrs in EU (Apr 2nd) were definitely as a player with the social aspect being a part of it until things started changing.

I have followed the player progress since Toulan launched, from watching live streams, to other videos, data collected and presented, and personal (subjective) accounting of experiences, and it has all been very mixed to say the least.

I like the theme of Toulan, and enjoyed the cartoon storyline they presented in PDF format prior to launch, as well as think there is potential for where they want to go with their development, but there are also a great number of variables to consider as well.

I agree with RAZER that there's more to our universe than making money, and have spent the majority of my time the last 6 years of 9 exploring and writing about our universe only. I can appreciate the graphical visions of the PPs, and really love taking in all there is to visually enjoy, as well as the social environment.

However, I can also agree with Ridan and some things that Tina has mentioned with regard to the potential success of a planet right out the gate. Many of us have been around long enough to know that having the basics in place to start building on an economy is crucial, and that even a week's delay in doing so can have negative effects. We've seen it happen before, and it then becomes a "catch up" game.

Resources and blueprints should be in place at a minimum so that hunters, miners and crafters have a means to facilitate movement with the economy. Whether a planet in EU is in Beta or not, it just makes logical sense to make sure that what is present out the gate at launch will not only draw "new players" and give existing players an opportunity to help build the economy, but that basic features are in place to "retain" players that have their first experiences.

If a planet isn't prepared with the basics to give themselves half a chance at launch, then it shouldn't happen until they're ready. That said, I am absolutely looking forward to exploring Toulan and the addition of a more diverse culture within our universe.

I wish them every success.

Tina

I agree with the Above post 100% And that really is clearly the basics of what I am saying.

Yes its in beta but beta is not even the word to use for toulan. Toulan is in a state as a game tester for the past 10 years Pre-Alpha is the correct term. Beta is close to a final release Toulan is far from that.

How ever. The planet should not be played on unless you want to help ALPHA test the planet or pay the ped to fly there for a soul purpose of a new Visual experience.

Mr Afroman

I would say the post is bout bad loot in general not Toulan specifik :D. However its a valid point bout only 4 types. Its hurting Toulan. I dont get that MA that knows how this works dosent put up a basic valid strukture for new planets. Basicly a basic eco for a starter planet. As is now U explore and enjoy for a few days then U leave.
Its not about money for us but it SHOULD be for Toulan. Wanting to keep us here should be a prio. And without loot there will be no crafting, without crafting no reason for mining. So basicly it stops the economy of a new planet.

Word!
But...If you hunt higher lvl mobs you will even get Thyroid and Adrenal Oil, so there was actually 6 types of loot since the BETA launch.

And from what I heard, Oil residue was added on the patch this week, which makes it 7 diff types... anyways its still bad tho.
Planet Toulan should have its own loot added in the launch day... even tho it was bugged or whatsoever, MA should help them out and let them insert the patch as soon as it was available... not when it fits to MA to make changes to Calypso.

Imho it really sucks that planet partners needs to wait with their patch's/updates until MA decide to insert new changes to Calypso. Planet partners should have the rights to insert their own new updates when its available!

Kitch

Always a 20% Return.
Garbage mining 20% Returns as well.

lmfao wtf???

and ye its still in a beta testing phase so what do you expect? A fully functional planet? If they said to you "toulan is now hard launched and all features available" then yes, your post might have some relevance

MindStar9

lmfao wtf???

and ye its still in a beta testing phase so what do you expect? A fully functional planet? If they said to you "toulan is now hard launched and all features available" then yes, your post might have some relevance

I can't say anything about the return because I haven't been to Toulan yet, and have been more social and a media entity than a "player" of the game, but ... I'm more positive about Toulan than not, and given how much we have all learned historically about planet launches, it just makes sense given the dynamics of such to have a fighting chance right out the gate. I hope what will be added this week with the patch will contribute to the basics that are so critical for developing a working economy. In this respect, I absolutely agree with Ridan and Tina.

I really like that Toulan is more culturally diverse, and that they have a unique theme. What I've seen of the planet through live streams and other videos, photos and comments by players, I really like. I'm looking forward to exploring the planet with Obie, and am considering doing a nice article for Toulan as a result, even though I said I stopped writing for EU last year Oct 1st. Their uniqueness has inspired me, so I might do something special.

I think of all the planets launched since Calypso, Arkadia gave itself a fighting chance because of how they launched, and are really making great progress, but I would like to see Toulan do that as well, because from what I've heard, they will be the last full planet joining our universe, and everything else going forward will be like Monria. That's not a bad thing, but a full PP has the ability of using their own development team, and I like that a lot.

I will definitely be following Toulan and wish them every success, but we all know it isn't easy.

Tesla

For my 5 day stay on Toulan to explore and stream for society on Twitch.tv I had excellent returns and skill gains. Toulan seems to receive a bonus for number of times a skill gain buff as well. Had more skill gains bonuses in those 5 days then I have in 2 months on other planets. So maybe they are offsetting loot with better skills gains? Skills are worth money after all.

Personally, I loved my stay on Toulan and will be back soon. Until at least planet loot or a IRON mission system is implemented it will be hard to keep players there on a permanent basis. That being said I love the roll out procedure for this planet. Roll out piece-by-piece (while keeping good pacing) to check for bugs and/or feedback. The models/textures, artistic design, and overall planet are drop dead gorgeous especially for a MMO. The focus on one server and providing quality vs quantity is much appreciated. As it stands I expect great things from this planet and will continue streaming/supporting players to explore and take part in this so-far excellent planet. Nice work Toulan team! Keep it up!

PS. As a side plug you can find my stream of Toulan at http://www.twitch.tv/zekruel. I mainly talk about what mob I'm hunting, the setup, observations, answer questions, and just stream good music. This is a good way for players to get an idea of the planet and drum up interest.

Top Bottom