FYI: TOULAN MIRSAL FARMING

avarupter

I had been blindly running instances on toulan until someone heeded a warning to me that the returns were not so great.
I went on to run some tests to calculate returns and see what was meant by this.
My setup was with Dune Rider armor (no plates) and Xeno-Dagger + Trauma 7 for each instance.
I began each instance fully repaired in order to calculate repair costs.
I also cleared my inventory of loot before running each instance. At the end of each run I would calculate TT returns minus repair costs.
These were the results

babrKF0.png

SHAM = Shamsdar Card Instance

I would run more to continue the testing but after hearing from multiple sources that this was not such a good idea and seeing the returns here for myself I decided to call it quits with my farming.

To put this into another perspective, because I had been tracking MIRSAL returns for each run, a much larger sample to obtain averages:

2ObuAbP.png

I used an image here because the cells are actually pulling these numbers from an algorithm that captures the average MIRSAL per run as well as TT retruns.

If someone comes up with different results, please share. I would be interested to know if the results have been any better for other players.

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Its been talket about before, something in the instance algoritm (all instances) makes us loot less then we spend, what youre not factoring in here is the chance for other items with value, ive run several hundred runs and i do recognize that we loose peds overall, but ive managed to recoup some peds from completing nawacore sets to sell, and looting items with atleast some markup, i do feel thers room for improvement thou. Also ive seen a few people get unusual results from some runs, so seems thers a chance for some boxes to loot higher then others even within the same instance. Guess we can expect and hope for a better mix in the boxes eventually ?

D

Deleted member 9432

The instance gives you only 80%tt back without any modifiers coupled with your looter prof and efficiency of your gun. This is not acceptable in skill-based game.

WuFei

I've had a same experience and I don't think the items with MU will make a big factor. As the market gets flooded the items with MU will no longer have MU.

Darth Revan Reborn

The problem is, those items with MU don't allow you to come anywhere near break even or close to even 90% in the long run.
Unless you are also selling your Mirsal at a high MU value. Which means you can't farm them to get a shop/booth.
If you were to farm to get say the booth, not only do you lose a ton doing the instances, but you also lose the value of the Mirsal when traded for the booth.

So taking OP's example and not factoring any MU into the equation, you lose 25K ped to farm the 300,000 Mirsal, which is also worth 3,000 ped in itself, so you are at 28K for a booth. Expand it out to the large shops that require 1,600,000 Mirsal. That would require somewhere near 18300 runs, at a loss of 7.3ped/run thats 133,590 PED, plus the 16,000 ped itself, so thats now 149K ped for a shop.

Sure MU will decrease this cost, but no where enough to compensate.
Your only shot at a decent price is hope that Mirsal drop down to a 200% MU only and buy enough of it, or hope for one of those lucky drops of the pages to happen for you while grinding the instances at a loss or during the special events.

As an owner of a monria shop, i was looking forward to grinding for one of these shops, but after tracking runs, it does not make any financial sense to do this. I will just grind to get the upgrades for the nawa core and some Mirsal to sell then say good luck to those that happen to get a drop. Only thing that would fix this is the instances being looked into (which also affect the Caly robot instances so its a system wide issue), or drop rate of Mirsal being increased substantially which then reduces the economy on toulan.

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
I've done all the instances multiple times and cuhoff 1 is as OP says roughly 6-7 ped loss, going upto Cuhof 5 which is around 300ped loss.
I didn't track my runs but did approximately 30-40 runs across all the instances and I have 8258 mirsal, which used about 120 energy cores.

The only real problem I have is the imbalance in the nawacore parts, MK 2 B and C seem not to appear and I have piles of M3 C and E which makes it difficult to upgrade. So because of this I've mostly been doing cuhoff 4 as that is the only place to get a daily done, I haven't done many cuhoff 1 runs as I can knock them out in 8 mins and there is no real challenge and frankly I like my loot boxes to swirl at the end of an instance.

I have another 100+ energy cores to use but I just don't feel like doing cuhof 1 endlessly and it's gettign too expensive this month to keep doing 4 and 5

I'd be more inclined to continue if the upgrade was a little easier to achieve

D

Deleted member 9432

The main problem is: there is no way to improve your tt return for cuhof instances. Players invest their time and money to improve looter skills and gear (to increase tt return). And all of this doesnt work in cuhof. An uber with 100k ped gun and L100 looter gets 80%TT and a new player with L1 looter and 10 ped gun gets back the same 80%TT bec of the bug in loot calculations algothim (one of many). Neither your looter lvl or efficiency of your gun doesnt count in loot calculation there. As i said before - this is not acceptable in skill-based game.

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Did some runs at cuhof5, and tracked all expenses, wont bore anyone with to much math, but i can shime in and say that the overall cost was to high for me to keep doing it, with some markup from mirsal and a few items i still end up with 40.000 mirsal costing me aditional 10-13k peds, i know that most if not all instances are kinda broken, im my perspective what we need it the chance for uber items, we so far have seen a page and a lamp from the "special drops" i personally would like more, and wont be doing that much cuhof anytime soon again.

Sulje

The main problem is: there is no way to improve your tt return for cuhof instances. Players invest their time and money to improve looter skills and gear (to increase tt return). And all of this doesnt work in cuhof. An uber with 100k ped gun and L100 looter gets 80%TT and a new player with L1 looter and 10 ped gun gets back the same 80%TT bec of the bug in loot calculations algothim (one of many). Neither your looter lvl or efficiency of your gun doesnt count in loot calculation there. As i said before - this is not acceptable in skill-based game.

I have confirmed that theory by using weak claw + trauma 2 fen amp (80.2% eff) vs Aakas fire dagger + melee 4 (62% eff), and there is always a fixed amount of return, which is odd.

I have done couple of 5s and 1s last night, and made a significant loss.

Really love the instances, would love them more if there is one more boss in between, and if there's harder ones, but as is - It's absolutely not worth doing these until the return is fixed.

Toulan Gods, hear our prayers ! :))

Top Bottom