Hello Toulan!

sahel

Hi peeps,

I'm Sahel, nice to meet ya'll! I've been roaming this universe since 2005. My activity dropped a lot in 2010 just after the CryEngine update. Around 2012 I went in almost full wintersleep. I only checked both Rocktropia and Arkadia when they were released, played for a few days and went back to sleep.

Until last year. I woke up, found the urge to really stay online and decided to get some coffee and enjoy.

And boy it was (is) quite a ride to be a total noob again. Even the CryEngine changes still weren't natural to me, controls, chat system, everything really. I had so so much to explore and get used to, it took about half a year to feel comfy with most of the systems in EU again and find my way a bit on all the planets.

So here I am, diving a bit deeper into Toulan since it's a pretty nice planet. The dailies and missions are sweet and it's nicely designed. There is a storyline, actively participated events and a friendly, helpfull community. I learned this weekend that one of the persons that helped EU so much with the community in the old days, is a member of the team (Mindstar9), that's great and can only mean good things for this planet.

At this moment I'm at about 1/6th of the Toulan Citizenship mission (thanks to my old friend Sherwood for help with the Nawa core upgrade ingredients!) and will be activating the crossover mission chain on Dsec9 on my next visit there, I'm already looking forward to it.

Well, so far for my introduction, you can always shoot me a message ingame, here or on PCF if you need to contact me.

Good luck and happy hoffing!

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Very nice introduction Sahel, and welcome to the forum and to our virtual family of locations. All 4 of us on the core VS Team have been in the game for 16+ yrs, and as we've been friends for almost all of that time, we have witnessed many of the changes as well, but we are also looking forward to the next big change with UE5.

As veteran players, we experienced the elements of PE/EU that were important to the community, and we always kept them in the back of our minds, but we also discussed them along the way. At the time we became the Monria Team on 11/26/15, we made it clear that community was our main focus, and then when we added Toulan to our virtual family (8/19/20) we became the Virtualsense Team. With the expansion of Monria and DSEC-9, we still continue to make community our primary focus and listen to them to learn what works and what doesn't work, and what they would like to see. We implement what is possible and within reason.

Yes, my original avatar MindStar9 was quite active in the community practically from birth (Apr 2, 2005). I was enjoying showcasing and promoting PE/EU, and then right after my 3 yr PE/EU anniversary I went just about full-on media and did a lot of work for Planet Partners and at times a project here and there for MA.

We have an amazing community Sahel, as you have discovered I believe, and are very friendly, welcoming and helpful, but they are also great contributors to the info we share at this forum for all of our locations and they continue to contribute. We love working with our community and inviting suggestions and feedback because it inspires the direction we go.

Welcome again, and if you have any questions, or have any suggestions or feedback, be sure to post them. :)

BTW ... quite a few friends and veterans from back in the day have joined us and participate in the community.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Will do! Do you guys have beer? The Caly shipment is still lost... :toast

That's as old I think as ... Ahh the Egg ... and yes, the shipment is still lost. :rolleyes

Top Bottom