Hides in loot

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
Hello, i'd like to know were you stand on the drops of hides. Are they dropping at rate you want them to drop now?
I've killed 3000 Khaffash these last few days and have looted between 72 hides.

Hally

VCAT Co-Mgr
Please look into:

All hides, the drop rate is very low
All armor sets, thers missing parts for every "set" execpt mentor
ESI, as far as anyone know, there hasnt been a single drop in forever (we know this is possibly tied to number of players)
Welding Wire BP L, these still drop way to often and very rarely do we get other component BP´s L
UL items, seems theres been no UL items ever dropped ? (This might be intentional ?)

Also thers very few high end mobs and even less high end gear, the planet is amazing, but i find it very very hard to attarct people and even harder to get them to stay.

Im preparing a by now rather large paper on the status of toulan as i see it, this is just a few pointers...

Also it would be amazing to get either a small status update, a roadmap, or possibly an interwiev, the lovely Bonnie, who streams would very likely be a good candidate to do this interwiev, with questions from all of us.

And dont worry thers no critique, but we are passionate, we love the game, we love the planet, and we want it to thrive, and if thers any questions, anything we the player base can do, dont hesitate to ask.

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
I've looted esi's , you just have to cycle aaaaaaalot , plus the esi problem is not a Toulan alone issue it is universe wide.
Hides are indeed a low droprate on most creatures, but i'm in the proces of killing alot of one kind and then posting the number they drop. Maybe that will get the weels spinning on this issue finally because me and many others have complained alot about this so far.

Stay active and keep the vu's coming.

Miles Stardust

VCAT Co-Mgr
We'll look into "Khaffash Hide" , please mention any other items you also need to us to investigate.

Thanks B-K!
Every mob has loot problems. How about this? Play the game yourself, you and your team. Hunt all of the mobs and see, try mining and crafting. I could go on and on about loot issues and still miss half of them.

Some armor sets (not all) are still missing parts after years - and none provide much in the way of protection. All of them have parts that are hard to come by if you actually want to use them, while most of the parts are TT food.

All mobs have some items that never or rarely drop, even in cases where there seems to be some improvement lately. Most of them have other useless items that drop incessantly. (You get 2.2 Ped of Wahesh Scales with each kill.)

Some mission long chains are still missing their reward items, after years.

Many announced weapons have never dropped, and the highest DPS weapons, all blades, are crafted from rare BP's and require lots of rare materials. Yet it would take at least 5 BirdOfPray Tayers to clear CUHOF 5 once.

Many tailoring BP's require insane amounts of materials that no longer drop enough to click on them even once.

Texture BP's are almost impossible to click enough to generate 1 fields' worth (323 units) of textures, although that was not always the case.

I appreciate that you listen to feedback and are working to improve things, but some of these issues go back 5 years now. It would be a full time job to catalog all of the loot issues alone, and I doubt there are many players who even know much of what is missing. I don't know which missing loots really should drop vs. which may have been removed because they have no purpose. If you are relying on us to test and report everything, you'll never know the half of it. It is nice when things do get fixed promptly (the moon looks nice again) but it makes other little nagging issues even more frustrating (like the blocky clouds over the temple that have been that way for years)

I've spent so much time and effort on Toulan perhaps as much as anyone - starting from day 1 - and in spite of all of the issues and delays, I still enjoy it. There is something I find special about Toulan. I've also witnessed multiple waves of players coming to Toulan, falling in love with it, only to see them leave disappointed by what is missing - by the need to import weapons and amps, to be unable to craft, to have nothing exciting in their loot. I remember a player from very early days who just wanted to wear a full set of Zeref Armor. If he came back today he would still not be able to do it, and yet there is an NPC in Nahar City wearing the missing piece.

All of the changes introduced in the past year are better than the systems they replaced, and the prospect of Nahar Towers and other developments are good, but if the basic building blocks of the economy remain broken, it will all be for naught. You should be reviewing your loot tables against your item lists against your recipes. You should be proactively correcting what is missing in loot because you should know.

Sorry for ranting.

Peace, Miles

Hally

VCAT Co-Mgr
Every mob has loot problems. How about this? Play the game yourself, you and your team. Hunt all of the mobs and see, try mining and crafting. I could go on and on about loot issues and still miss half of them.

Some armor sets (not all) are still missing parts after years - and none provide much in the way of protection. All of them have parts that are hard to come by if you actually want to use them, while most of the parts are TT food.

All mobs have some items that never or rarely drop, even in cases where there seems to be some improvement lately. Most of them have other useless items that drop incessantly. (You get 2.2 Ped of Wahesh Scales with each kill.)

Some mission long chains are still missing their reward items, after years.

Many announced weapons have never dropped, and the highest DPS weapons, all blades, are crafted from rare BP's and require lots of rare materials. Yet it would take at least 5 BirdOfPray Tayers to clear CUHOF 5 once.

Many tailoring BP's require insane amounts of materials that no longer drop enough to click on them even once.

Texture BP's are almost impossible to click enough to generate 1 fields' worth (323 units) of textures, although that was not always the case.

I appreciate that you listen to feedback and are working to improve things, but some of these issues go back 5 years now. It would be a full time job to catalog all of the loot issues alone, and I doubt there are many players who even know much of what is missing. I don't know which missing loots really should drop vs. which may have been removed because they have no purpose. If you are relying on us to test and report everything, you'll never know the half of it. It is nice when things do get fixed promptly (the moon looks nice again) but it makes other little nagging issues even more frustrating (like the blocky clouds over the temple that have been that way for years)

I've spent so much time and effort on Toulan perhaps as much as anyone - starting from day 1 - and in spite of all of the issues and delays, I still enjoy it. There is something I find special about Toulan. I've also witnessed multiple waves of players coming to Toulan, falling in love with it, only to see them leave disappointed by what is missing - by the need to import weapons and amps, to be unable to craft, to have nothing exciting in their loot. I remember a player from very early days who just wanted to wear a full set of Zeref Armor. If he came back today he would still not be able to do it, and yet there is an NPC in Nahar City wearing the missing piece.

All of the changes introduced in the past year are better than the systems they replaced, and the prospect of Nahar Towers and other developments are good, but if the basic building blocks of the economy remain broken, it will all be for naught. You should be reviewing your loot tables against your item lists against your recipes. You should be proactively correcting what is missing in loot because you should know.

Sorry for ranting.

Peace, Miles
This x1000

Me Really Never

ive honestly given up on this. i had fun here but there is basically no development. all the things that have been done over the last 5 years couldve been done in a month if they wanted to.
so either its MA blocking the development or its toulan not having the resources (or mostlikely not the knowhow) to do it faster. still waiting on those apartments / shops. since half a year. we didnt get any further information on what is planned for them. im honestly disappointed.
one of my favorite things on toulan was collecting qaffaz hide and making textures from it. same as with collecting lots of tabtab hides and doing the monria daily with it. but both of them are impossible since years now. its a shame.

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
So i finished the khaffash stage 5
8333 Khaffash at the pit area and i have looted 309 hides.
I'll keep updating on the next mob i'm going after.

Also this last stage did not have a statue reward.

Kaz

This is disappointing. How did it go from 1 hide per mob (which was the drop rate 5 years ago) to like 30 times less! Sad to say, it gives me no reason to come back to Toulan :( The drop rate either needs to go way up or the mats required in a BP needs to go way down. Came here to craft some lvl 5 tailoring Bp's only to find it's pretty much uncraftable with the current drop rate for hides. At this point it seems it's RIP to any BP that requires hides.

Last edited:

Spawn

It's like the planet partners are held hostage by Mindark. They payed large initial sums of money for the build of the planet and then fed promises and promises and nothing really happens.
Planet cyrene is most transparent in these things and they don't promise things, they cannot deliver. They say we'll work with Mindark to see if it can happen. Not much happens on Cyrene happens either, content wise, but at least they don't do false promises. In here with the lateef screwup, amongst others, I simply won't trust any promise that beladcom makes.

Top Bottom