His Master Voice Shoggoth Sweating Spots and Missions

SachemUrsa

Awesome Update for Monria, but we also lost a perfect low level sweating location in Cave 1. Several players have mentioned the need for a Shoggoth sweating spot to build up to sweating Yogs.

What made Cave 1 so good was that the mobs did not move, and had a fast respawn. I could stand within range of two Shoggoths my level, and sweat all day.

The semi-circles of mid leval Shoggoths was one of my favorite locations. That gave me the idea for two missions to provide players with good low level sweating locations.

Have a circle of Low Level Shoggoths around a rock or crystal outcropping, chanting a ritual. Player’s goal it to kill them and disrupt the ritual. Have a second circle of Mid Level Shoggoths for a second mission.

There are two hills perfect for this not far from Forensics TP and close to each other, with no other mobs nearby.

First Location : 38486, 20848. 50

Second Location: 38284, 20688, 70

The mission will let players know where the locations are, while providing good locations for low level sweaters.

A second option would be to use instances in the cave on tunnel.

Near the Cave one TP is a good location for the low level mission.

38366, 22593, 237

or near the waterway

38266, 23038, 233

The mid level instance should be closer to the main part of Cave 1, but still in the tunnel, this may be a good spot

3786, 23087, 144

Anyway, that is the basic idea, any thoughts?

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Appreciate that you took the time to present this Sachem, we love when members who are invested in the community share their ideas.

It's late right now and I'm checking in to see if there's any forum spam to clean up. This would be Ant's domain to respond to, but I see he already liked your post. He and I are both on the same page when it comes to our Monrian Born and how we can help facilitate their experiences to be more effective, but also enjoyable.

I'm sure there will be more discussion on this, and thank you again for taking the time. :)

SachemUrsa

DME

Yes, Ant and I talked about it in game, because the subject came up in chat with some other players. I was already scouting locations at the time, and Ant said he would check them out. :)

SachemUrsa

I have already nicknamed the locations near Forensics as the :Twin Mountains of Madness".

The two hills are identical in size and shape, and connected by a bridge.

SachemUrsa

Not sure about the programming end, but there might be a problem with a Kill based mission completion, if the player kills other Shoggoths before reaching the destination.

To solve this the mission can be split into two parts, requiring the player to reach a WayPoint at the base of the hill first.

Or

Instead of a Kill based mission completions, have the player Examine/Get Sample, of the Rock/Crystal at the center. The Player would still have to kill a mob or two to reach the center.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I have already nicknamed the locations near Forensics as the :Twin Mountains of Madness".

The two hills are identical in size and shape, and connected by a bridge.

This post really caught my attention because of the name you gave the two hills across from each other at the bridge. As you're going out toward the bridge, I had named the hill on the right Massacre Hill, but I like your idea much better because it relates more to Cthulhu lore.

"At the Mountains of Madness" is a story that Gillermo Del Toro teamed up with James Cameron (Avatar fame) to work on but the project has been on the back burner for a while. Now that Del Toro just won an Oscar (4 for the movie) "The Shape of Water" last Sunday, perhaps that project will gain more momentum and something we can look forward to. Obie and I will be watching The Shape of Water on Saturday.

Even though the "Twin Mountains of Madness" are not Anarctic in nature, we are developing our own Cthulhu theme based on Lovecraft's work, which he encouraged all writers of interest to do.

You have inspired me right in the nick of time. :D

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
I love this idea @SachemUrsa and it fits perfectly into our evolving lore on Monria.

Part of the reconstruction in VU 2.0 was leveling a bit of the area around these hills. The big one has been traditionally called Massacre hill which is a big part of our history and is where we end the parade on our St Patrick's Day Event. Unfortunately, Cthulhu's minions also know this and have for some reason always chosen this as their attack point. I never really understood why! The twin mountains of madness and Shoggoths enacting some ritual makes perfect sense!

As for inspiring @Dark Moon Enigma. She lives for this stuff :D

Top Bottom