How to start Crafting?

PanBartus

Hello Everybody,

I'm newbie in EU and I want start Crafting. Could you tell me how much PEDs I need to start do this and what I should Crafting? Some people say to me that I should improve my reparing skill, other people recommend me to craft low bp's 'cuz for reparing I won't take a refund in PED's. I'm confused. If you can write to me more information, pros and cons of reparing and crafting low bp's.

Best Regards,
PanBartus

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Pan Welcome to Monria. Crafting your best bet is to start out with the low level BP's and do the daily crafting mission which is located in the Hub upper floor across from the teleport. The Explosive Projectile I is a good one to start with, its low value to cycle through and at the end of the mission, which is a daily mission you get 75 pec of engineering skill which helps pretty much every crafting profession there is. As you get better you can move up to prints that have a bit of Markup on them, like Basic Sheet Metal as an example. THen you can sell on Auction for profit. Another way would be to get on a mothership and weld / repair to gain skills. This can get costly though as you are just burning welders and wire up. I prefer crafting myself as you get some return on it and can possibly HOF and get more ped back.

If you have any other questions please feel free to post them here.

sluggo

sluggo

Shop Owner
igh..... LOTS. It can vary, but lets say for the EP I print 20 ped should run you thru a good run. You'll get most of that back, and with luck all of it back and then some, you will be cycling it but that should get you going. Of course you can start with smaller amounts but will have to keep stopping to sell off made stuff and then buy more materials.

Did you have a mentor Pan? If not we can chat and I could posisbly mentor you if it works out.'Im in game now if you want to PM me

sluggo

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Hello Everybody,

I'm newbie in EU and I want start Crafting. Could you tell me how much PEDs I need to start do this and what I should Crafting? Some people say to me that I should improve my reparing skill, other people recommend me to craft low bp's 'cuz for reparing I won't take a refund in PED's. I'm confused. If you can write to me more information, pros and cons of reparing and crafting low bp's.

Best Regards,
PanBartus

Hi PanBartus,

I would recommend thinking about how much you want to deposit and take it from there. Give yourself a monthly budget. It can take you years to acquire the skills and the blueprints to really be at the top of your game. I would take it slowly, and work on the skills you need for crafting within the budget you want to spend. If you invest too much too early you can easily become frustrated. Repair skilling is great for skills related to crafting and a good way to meet people and have some fun. The trick to crafting is being able to make items when the markup on the ingredients is cheap and sell the items at a time when the markup is good (average cost to make versus the income you receive). This will take time to figure out and initially what you can craft may not be desirable to people so you will need patience to climb that ladder and be able to make more desirable items. You will also need a good handle on the maths, logs of what it costs you to make items and how many you are successful making and what you can sell them for. Understanding the importance of getting a resource for a couple of percent less and the patience to do this. For these things you will need patience and a history of data for your calculations.

Get yourself a good mentor and don't overstretch your budget. Give yourself an allowance of how much you are willing to spend in EU each month and then spend it as wisely as you can. Most importantly of all do it for fun.

Welcome to Monria! If you need anything else just shout.

Ant

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
I'm from Poland and my currency is so bad. 1$ is 4,20zl . I can deposit 50zl ~ 10$ for a month. It's not too much but I can't more now. I build my wallet on the Vixens now.

Sounds like the right approach tbh, I'm not too familiar with RT but if the cost to kill is cheap and the loot has decent MU items then the important thing is that you can cycle lots of them. Outside of this you could look to other ways of making ped be it trading or some other activity. Crafting is a long game, so if it is what you want to specialize in, perhaps find the cheapest way to be able to do lots of clicks (losing as little as possible) and use the profits from hunting or other activity to subsidize. Repair skilling you could get an rk-5 and 50k welding wires and get about 4 hours of constant skilling (if my memory serves well), you'll get some decent skills and work towards unlocking BPC (which ads to your crafting skills) but you won't get any return. Find a way to make a few ped and use that to slowly increase your crafting skills would be my advice if crafting is what you really want to do.

Ant

sluggo

Shop Owner
Another thing to keep in mind about crafting. Crafting itself is going to be a slow burn to hell. No matter how lucky you may be, over time it will eat your ped card to zero. If you want to profit from it, you must be VERY good at it AND make stuff people want to buy. In other words, doing the explosive projectile prints may give you leaps and jumps here and there but in the end you will find your skills are up but your ped card at zero.

Now, to craft stuff people want, you need the materials, so have to stockpile those. That can tie up hundreds of peds in materials. Remember what Ant said about patience and waiting for a deal. Those deals come but generally in huge quantities. You got your lyst at 101 percent? Good deal!! But you had to buy 800 ped of it to get it at that deal. Now that money is tied up. You want to craft Basic Bobble Heads, but the market is currently down on them a bit, so you have to hoard them away in your storage until the market comes back up on them to sell them. In the meantime you are going to craft widgets because the market is UP on them, but oh wait, those need curmudgeon dust.. time to goto slug's shop and see if he dropped any :D. Now that's another ingredient you have invested and tucked away for future use.

For a very beginner, you can do with a hundred ped or so and run the EP I print and be fine but once you get into serious crafting it's going to take a lot of ped.

I liken this to those who want to be traders. I often ask them, do you have 1000 ped or so to tie up? Because you will end up with hundreds of small piles of crap you bought, waiting for one of them to get big enough to sell, then start the process over. If you got reliable people to buy from you in person, that helps but those can be hard to find that are not already 'committed' to someone else.

Also, prints are labeled level I Level 2 etc do NOT let that fool you. Some of those prints are genuinely a real pain in the ass and advance very slowly. typically the prints for the stuff people want.... gee go figure. To get a print from 1.0 qr to 100 qr you may literally put 25k to ive heard 150k clicks onto it.

Lets do some raw math. According to MA there is a 95 percent return. Let's pretend this is truthful.
25k clicks on an EP I at .02 ped a click is 500 ped cycled. your projected loss is 25 ped. IF you happen to hit everything at the 'right time'. Ive lost more than that on ONE run of those prints... yes things go bad at times. Now if you happened to craft something with a 115 percent markup, you might be able to get some of this back... and if you are good, maybe even enough to pay for your run. But you have to wait for it to sell at the Auction House etc etc, ie... money tied up.

We are not trying to discourage you but just to let you know that crafting is NOT for the feint of heart. Yes it's easy to do but is difficult to do profitably. Mining you can see some patterns in once you learn the quirks there and work them to your advantage, hunting you can kind of 'pattern' mobs that are hot. Crafting, not so much.

I do want to say this though, Crafting, we got a butt ton of machines all over the Hub, one in each tower, and one in the main crater. If you are having a bad run on a machine MOVE!!!! Don't sit there dumping even more ped into a crap run, go try a different machine. From my experience YES it CAN make a big difference which machine you use. Picking which is hot or not, well..... that's part of what you need to learn :D

Good luck and if there is any help you need, please do not hesitate for a second to ask me in game or in forum.

sluggo

Top Bottom