Ideas for New Missions

SachemUrsa

In my story line of The Awakening part 3, I weave in several ideas for potential missions.

The first is a high level Cultist mission to steal copies of the Cthulhu texts used by the cultists found only on the highest level cultists and a rare drop.

This could be a single mission, or a mission chain looking for several texts they have.

This would be like the mission "Find the Missing Chapters", as it would require a new item drop which may be a drawback.

The concept behind the mission is to learn what the cultists believe, and so gain insight to their plans

The next is a mission chain for Shoggoths, Yogs and Shubs. It does not require any new item drops, but uses the Skin that drops from these mobs.

A player would have to get X number of Shoggoth Skins to turn in for a reward, then proceed to the mission for the Yog, and then the Shub mission.

The concept behind this mission is to gather DNA samples from the skin to learn which weapons would be best to use, and if they have any other weaknesses.

A 4th mission could be added to the chain to retrieve a Shub Skull because a lot can be learned from studying the skull of a creature. This last mission could also be made to be repeatable, as the Shub Skull is a very rare drop.

Also "As the Yog can dig through solid rock, a study of the tusks may prove valuable to our armor and weapon research. Please bring us X number of Yog Tusks" This is another possible mission.

Last edited:

Leshrac KAINE Necros

VCAT Team Member
The first is a high level Cultist mission to steal copies of the Cthulhu texts used by the cultists found only on the highest level cultists and a rare drop.

I'm all for this, mainly because I spend most of my time hunting the high level Cultists anyways and collecting more Lovecraftian texts to decorate my study with is always a plus.

The next is a mission chain for Shoggoths, Yogs and Shubs. It does not require any new item drops, but uses the Skin that drops from these mobs.

If no new item is needed, this could increase the selling price of the skin and give it another use.

A 4th mission could be added to the chain to retrieve a Shub Skull because a lot can be learned from studying the skull of a creature. This last mission could also be made to be repeatable, as the Shub Skull is a very rare drop.

Another fun idea. To my knowledge, there's not any lvl 100+ cultist yet, but there is for the other mobs. Maybe they could have some item that would be needed? It would definitely increase group hunting. Also, not sure if Arkadia has the monopoly on this or not, but it would be nice to add treasure to Monria for the miners. I would love to have small figures of the Elder Gods and whatnot. If that's not possible, then maybe rare drops from certain mobs or event prizes?

Leshrac KAINE Necros

VCAT Team Member
Hopefully some of the new missions will require items from both Monria and Arkadias moon. We know that the 2 moons are supposed to be tied together and I'm really interested to see how it all plays out.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hopefully some of the new missions will require items from both Monria and Arkadias moon. We know that the 2 moons are supposed to be tied together and I'm really interested to see how it all plays out.

I'm curious to know where you got the impression that the Monria and Arkadia moons are supposed to be tied together, because we have no connection to the Arkadia development at all, nor plans as such, just as we are not a Calypso moon, but independent which MindArk made clear in the FAQs when Monria was first launched in 2013. Unless of course, you're talking pure personal adventure storyline that someone creates on their own.

However, because our Cthulhu theme is being developed by our writing team, which already has a specific outline and direction that will unfold over time, there needs to be care taken that there isn't conflicting ideas with regard to (let's say) where someone in their own personal storytelling involves the Cultists (the main protagonists in our official storyline) in such a way that would confuse the community with what direction we're taking. There would need to be a disclaimer that any personal storytelling with our theme and the path taken is not associated in any way with our official Monria storyline. However, that is not to say that what someone does in that respect won't be weaved in such a way into our own official storyline fabric because it adds another dimension to the whole exploration of the dark side of the Moon, with full credit being given to the author of course. :)

What we have in store with our official storyline is very much driven by Cthulhu lore and Lovecraft's work, which will involve many from the Cthulhu family tree that already have their own legends engraved in historical data. Several of them have already been introduced in our official storyline and community role-playing, and we will continue this trend as we evolve.

We have a road map with regard to official storyline that will play out over time, and are expanding upon Lovecraft's work as it relates to Cthulhu, while also building our own Moon theme that honors his work. However, this will take time, as we are also taking care to blend environment with storyline as much as possible, which includes members of our community in key roles that will develop as we evolve. We have unique experiences that will unfold with future releases, but as Ant will be the first to tell you, we also have to be mindful of the dynamics and variables that guide what we can and cannot do.

A good portion of what we have done thus far has been to reconstruct Monria and lay foundations for what's to follow. We took over Monria 11/26/15, and our development has been a slow process, but it has also been deliberate, measured, methodical and purposeful to meet the vision of where we intend to take Monria and its community.

It's important to us to do this with the community, and not for the community, which is why we pay close attention to the Suggestions thread, as well as what our community members proactively share from their own inspirations such as Sachem has done here. We are definitely inspired by the community, and absolutely love that offerings such as this and others are posted. We can't always reveal what will make it into development, but I think with the most recent release, we showed that we listen and appreciate what will make Monria the best experience we can deliver.

Personally, I love the individual creativeness that many in our community have already shared, because it speaks to how much they are involved in what we're doing, and to the degree that they want to be a part of it. I would absolutely encourage anyone who is inspired by it all to join us in this partnership with the community to continue telling your own stories and bringing us your ideas, because we want Monria to be as much yours as it is ours. This is truly a labor of love for us, and I think it's key that we embrace this process together so that we both benefit from the end result.

You are now cleared to move about the Moon as you please, and to continue bringing us your stories and ideas. :D

We love this community. :jumpclap

And I'm not even going to apologize for the length of this post. :nana

And btw ... it's nice to have you (Leshrac), and your lovely wife (LadyDemonia) as part of our growing community. I can tell that you have knowledge about Cthulhu lore based on comments you have made both at the forum and in the game, so I very much look forward to where all of this leads. Thank you for your feedback. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Oh, and btw ... if you read any of our storyline books thus far, you will discover that the Cultist's "text" is a book of dark magic that is used for their ritual incantations and nefarious activities that are slowly infecting the stability of the Moon.

Carry on. :devil

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Another fun idea. To my knowledge, there's not any lvl 100+ cultist yet, but there is for the other mobs. Maybe they could have some item that would be needed? It would definitely increase group hunting. Also, not sure if Arkadia has the monopoly on this or not, but it would be nice to add treasure to Monria for the miners. I would love to have small figures of the Elder Gods and whatnot. If that's not possible, then maybe rare drops from certain mobs or event prizes?

The only level 100+ mob that we have right now is Shub-Niggurath at 182 (Shub boss), and the highest level for the Cultist at the moment is the level 86 Cultist boss. I like the idea of there being a higher level 100+ Cultist boss instead of the 86 because the Cultist is my favorite of our mobs as well, but Ant might have something else in mind. He enjoys unleashing his dark side now and then, and that plays into our "Expect the Unexpected" Moon motto. Also, our intent with adding the higher level mobs was to inspire more team hunting too, while also giving the solo ubers a bit of a challenge. :D

I also like your idea of Cthulhu-related treasures, and while we like to remain unique in our development and not copy what other planets introduce, we have the ability to be creative in how we would deliver something like this. However, again, we would need to keep certain variables in mind with regard to purpose, balance and priority. We like to poll the community now and then with regard to what they feel would be priority, which has driven what we've done thus far, but I think we have become more adept at picking up clues and direct input/feedback both in the Suggestions thread as mentioned before, and also our direct engagement with the community in the game as much as we possibly can.

The other thing I really am a fan of, is how Ant gets involved in storytelling as well when he delivers his release notes. It makes it more exciting, and gives an added dimension of what's happening on the Moon

Who knew he was so damn creative and talented. :hi

We both celebrate our 13 year anniversary in PE/EU this year, mine tomorrow (4/2/05), and his in Sep, and we have been friends (Ant, Kendra, Pusherman and I) for almost as long. We were destined to do this. It's a family affair. :)

Leshrac KAINE Necros

VCAT Team Member
I'm curious to know where you got the impression that the Monria and Arkadia moons are supposed to be tied together

It was talked about on Ark last year that there were plans of Monria and Arkadia possibly collaborating on some events in the near future with Arkadia. Naturally, A-team is extremely limited on what they are allowed to say, so we didn't get any more than that.

The only level 100+ mob that we have right now is Shub-Niggurath at 182 (Shub boss), and the highest level for the Cultist at the moment is the level 86 Cultist boss
I'm severely sleep deprived atm.
I kept thinking that yog-soggoth was 122 for some reason. It'd be nice to have some stronger Cultists though.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member

It was talked about on Ark last year that there were plans of Monria and Arkadia possibly collaborating on some events in the near future with Arkadia. Naturally, A-team is extremely limited on what they are allowed to say, so we didn't get any more than that.

Ahh ... that makes sense to me then, because I even posted on the Arkadia forum that Dylan (A-Team official) and I were going to collaborate on some events, but that was the extent of it. We actually haven't gotten back together on it because we (Monria Team) were waiting until we had more of our reconstruction done. There's still a chance that we will do the event collaboration, but they've been pretty busy with their new moon development, and other things.

BTW ... Dylan used to work with me and my original avatar's media entity for a while after my year with the Cyrene Team, so we know each other quite well, and definitely had some crazy fun along the way. We'll see how this all works out, but Monria and the Arkadia development teams are totally separate and not connected in any way as moons. :)

SachemUrsa

However, because our Cthulhu theme is being developed by our writing team, which already has a specific outline and direction that will unfold over time, there needs to be care taken that there isn't conflicting ideas with regard to (let's say) where someone in their own personal storytelling involves the Cultists (the main protagonists in our official storyline) in such a way that would confuse the community with what direction we're taking

This is one of the concerns in my storyline The Awakening.
So I have tried to make the character paranoid, she does not trust others or information gathered by others.
She does not even seem to trust herself, reaching one conclusion, then doubting it.
It also contributes to her growing madness.

That way her ramblings can be discounted in the official storyline if there are any conflicts.

As for the cultist book mission, most texts recovered would not have any impact on the games story line. Players could find things like a book of Cthulhu poetry. mad ramblings in a diary, and perhaps something useful if it fit the storyline. It could even be something readable in game if desired.

SachemUrsa

I'm all for this, mainly because I spend most of my time hunting the high level Cultists anyways and collecting more Lovecraftian texts to decorate my study with is always a plus.

I was hoping to come up with something to engage players. I am not privy to any plans, so details would be up to Ant and his team if implemented, so I am trying to be rather general in the mission suggestions.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
You're doing quite well so far Sachem, and there are no issues at all. I can see the precise crafting of your character, and I really like it, so please do continue. It's easy for me to see that you are using a 2nd step mentality in your storytelling with regard to being conscious and considerate of not only what our official storyline has presented thus far, but what the future potential might be, and that is immensely appreciated.

I am a fan. :jumpclap

Leshrac KAINE Necros

VCAT Team Member
I was hoping to come up with something to engage players. I am not privy to any plans, so details would be up to Ant and his team if implemented, so I am trying to be rather general in the mission suggestions.
Oh, I'm all for group activities and I'm usually with someone while I'm out hunting helping work on their skills and giving advice.

Top Bottom