Interest in beginner mining guides?

Truman

I apologize this photo is from Calypso during a daily quest this afternoon, but I think it's a good representation of my time and experience level in the game. It took about an hour to make 😉

1627882917463.png

Is there much interest in low level mining guides for Toulan?

I certianly don't know anything about upper level mining, but I do know quite a bit about unamped mining.

I eventually would like to put together some educational content for places like Toulan if there's interest. I'm just trying to figure out a way to do it without typing up everything I've observed over the past 20 years because carpal tunnel symptoms are a bit rough at my age.

Photos might be one option, but I'm certainly no photographer 🤔

EDIT

Maybe a more fun example from 25 minutes of gameplay and a really bad paint.net job after mining up everything.

1627893909106.png

While I look at this picture and see it as a nice reminder for unamped mining resources available in a curious place I know in
EU, I've heard MA started banning players for cheating and this certainly isn't that either, lol, but it is highly misleading to new players.

I have pictures like this in cool places on Toulan, too, but not sure if that's the right approach to teaching what I know.

Last edited:

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
More guides are always better if they are of a certain quality.
The one issue i have with guides is that people forget to add their skill lvl to the mix.
What works for your skill lvl doesn't always work for a complety new avatar or even a differently skilled one.

But if you want to make a guide, don't listen to what other people say and just do what you want to do.
In the end if your having fun doing what you do that is what matters the most.

Truman

Great points, thanks.

EDIT:

I do have a lot of pictures from Toulan that I like and am thinking of ways to share, I just realized I didn't feel comfortable spoiling one of the larger secrets I stumbled across in Toulan recently.

I will continue to assess how to play a role in the community and am always open to suggestions.

Last edited:

FireFist

Shop Owner
All i can say is what been done might not be received by someone and maybe what you do might just click for that person? so, like littlestar says as long as its quality content i say do it :D u can say the exact same thing 3 different ways and get 3 different responses by someone so, the more the better :D

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I think that is a good idea.
I usually refeer my pupils to the main mining guide Leeloo has made, since it is a solid base.

Ill admit i havent read it all myself, due to an extreme lack of interest in mining, but it covers pretty much everything, in depth.

Now as it has been mentioned above, if you want and have fun doing it, just do it.
You could adapt and include it all for Toulan/Monria, and include the depth tables for it all, i think that can be easily provided by the Little big mining tool software thingy?

I think most guides are not read properly due to their 500 pages size; but since it is a deep game, there is also a lot to say.
When i write a guide, i start with a specific audience target, a single subject, and try to condensate it all as much as possible, and aerate the text a lot, adding pictures, breaks, to make it more breathable.
But again, a single idea guide can turn into a bible that carries vital informations, that can be easily missed, due to the size of the guide.

This post being a perfect wall of text exemple already 🙂

Long story short, do your thing, people like finding help.

E~

Truman

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I don't get as much time to play right now as I'd like, but I'm still roaming around taking some pictures and looking for fun ways to hint at areas containing specific Toulan ores findable with TT equipment :)

[Qaz Worm] "I always forget my axe"
1628945025921.png

[Qaz Worm] Pass
1628946138951.png

I'm slow at producing content, but will ask for feedback about any specific ideas I come up with.

Later y'all,
Philip Truman Mac

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Your photos definitely are interesting. Thanks for sharing your experiences on Toulan. :)

Top Bottom