Introducing | Monria Shops Inventory Tool

Allen

Monria Yamato Pilot
Very Cool, Anny and DME! thank you. No longer have to run from shop to shop to see what might be available, now we know what is at a glance!

DarkMoonEnigma

Community & Media Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE ... Shoe Sverpan's shopkeeper inventory has been added to the Monria Shops Inventory database.

DarkMoonEnigma

Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Caught Anny doing the Pogo happy dance on top of the W of our Welcome to Monria sign at the Monria Hub ... she said she was working on the inventory database ... I guess dancing and working is allowed. :p

Anny

Monria Yamato Pilot
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Virtualsense Media Support Team
UPDATE: (for shop owners)
It seems that we had a little issue in the way we detecting items. We found out that some items have an "-" in name, and that would break the detection.
So some changes were made, and now the preferable <end of item> marker is "*".
If the item don't have "-" in the name the old method still work, but to avoid future issues items should now be marked with an "*" at end.
We may discontinue the "-" marker in a future to avoid issues, but for now, so shop owner don't have to change it immediately the old method will be supported.
Thank you

DarkMoonEnigma

Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I had originally asked for an example, but let me see if I get this.

* ArMatrix LB-10 (L) * 29.09 ped, level 10, dps 29, efficiency 62.4%, uses ammo

Can we still use the commas to add extra text like in the above example after the * at the end of the item name?

Eric Shade Avenged

The Knights of Entropia (TKoE)
Shop Owner
Here is an example for you DME...

* Potted - Bynxia - 11.02 ped
In this case, the item name is "Potted - Bynxia", however the "-" in the name triggers the <end of item> function in the tool. Therefore this would error out, and not display in the Monria Shop Inventory.

* Potted - Bynxia * 11.02 ped
With the fix that Anny made, you can use the preferred "*" character to trigger the <end of item> function, so that you don't run into this issue.

On a side note, I absolutely love this tool! Great work you two :thumbsup:cheer

DarkMoonEnigma

Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thank you Shade, that makes sense, and before you posted your example, I did an edit on my post above yours, so it looks like I'm on the right track with this ... going to test a couple of things out.

I'm glad that as a shop owner you are enjoying this shop inventory tool, we think it will be beneficial all the way around.

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I have gone through all of the forum inventory list threads of the 9 shop owners and 2 apartment shopkeepers that we already have in the database and did the update on the items with the ending * because some have extra information listed. They are set to add extra information at the end of any of the other item names on their forum inventory list, so long as they insert a space after the ending * before they do.

Here are examples of what I am talking about:

* NEVERDIE Dragon Plate mk1 (L) * Cut, Impact, Penetration, Stab

* Tabtab Pet * Level 22, 10% skill increase buff unlocked

* Samm Twin Poison (L) * 86.55 ped, level 23, dps 44.7, efficiency 56.9%

* Aakas Fire Dagger * 385.35 ped, level 34, dps 52.2, efficiency 57.5%

When I update the rest of the shop owner and shopkeeper inventory lists I'll keep this in mind.

I hope this helps a little for those who will be managing an inventory list. It's really simple. :)

Anny

Monria Yamato Pilot
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thank you all for the support.
UPDATE:
As every shop already using the new "*" marker, we will remove the old one, to avoid further complications.
With this change all the bellow is supported:
* Potted - Bynxia
* Potted - Bynxia * 11.02 ped
* Tabtab Pet * Level 22 * 10% skill increase buff unlocked *****

The tool will check for items starting with * and end with *. If there is no end * will use the all line. So "* Potted - Bynxia" will still work, no need to have a extra "*" if there is no description.
Extra * after the <end of item> marker are considered text and have no special treatment.

Note:
We will update initial post with the changes of "-" to "*", and will also introduce a new marker that help out in "grouping" items by "location" inside the shops.

Last edited:

Anny

Monria Yamato Pilot
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE:
New option in SOAP, now it show the item description as will be shown in the the tool itself.
Shop owner can now add new items to Tool Database when they are not found. Please do so only if you are sure of the item name (exactly as shown in Entropia Item Link)
Option to classify items. @ at begining of the line will start a classifier that will be add to all items bellow that line.
Classifier will change when next @ (at the begining of a line) is found. Classifier will be reset when a line starting with - is found.
Example:
@ (my place)
* Herman ARK-0 (L) * very cheap
* Herman ARK-1 (L) * away cheaper

@ (your place)
* Herman ASI-7 Desert (L) * not so cheap
-

* Herman ARK-1 (L) * some text

will show like this in the tool:

Herman ARK-0 (L)
Shop info | very cheap (my place)

Herman ASI-7 Desert (L)
Shop info | not so cheap (your place)

Herman ARK-1 (L)
Shop info | way cheaper (my place)
Shop info | some text

DarkMoonEnigma

Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Ok, all I can do is --> LOL <-- you are just too funny Anny. :p

I thought that what we decided on was to do the extra space to make the description even more readable.

Added like this on the shop owner's forum inventory list:

@ ( My Place )

* Skittles (L) * [Qty: 9 bags], not cheap, you can't touch this

@ ( Your Place )

* Skittles (L) * [Qty: 0], out of stock, too cheap to replenish

@ ( Shade's booth )

* Skittles (L) * [Qty: 0], can't stock, Yog Hatchling will eat them

Will show like this in the inventory tool:

Skittles (L)

Shop Info | not cheap, you can't touch this ( My Place )
Shop Info | out of stock, too cheap to replenish ( Your Place )
Shop Info | can't stock, Yog Hatchling will eat them ( Shade's booth )

And the beat goes on ... :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE ... the inventory for 16 of our 17 shops has been added to our Monria Shops Inventory tool database. One shop had no inventory to add. We also added 6 apartments where owners are selling from shopkeepers, Steelios had 3. I will consult the Monria Directory to see who else might be selling from apartment shopkeepers and add them as well.

The first post has been updated with Shop Owners and Apt Shopkeeper Owners whose inventory has been added to our tool database, and it's broken down by the Monria Hub, Cthulhu Tower and Cthylla Tower.

Anny is now fine-tuning the category search feature and I'm sure she will post when she has something to add. :)

Anny

Monria Yamato Pilot
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE:

Version 2 of MSIT (Monria Shops Inventory Tool) was released.
Main changes:
- Site will not enter in maintenance mode when we are mass updating DB. This is mostly important for me, to make sure no incorrect information is given to Site Visitors.
- First stage of item filters, this allow to filter items by category. More filtering will be added soon (see note bellow)

Additional Notes:
For this tool to work, we had to build our own Database with Entropia Items. Our initial source was Entropia WiKi and few other sites.
Soon we come aware that several information was not correct. Item naming, category, etc.
Is my goal to have the most complete and accurate database, first because is important for Shop Owners and Visitors to classify, and search for items, but also because I am (maybe a little to much) perfectionist.
Next few days I will be working in several (internal) "functions" to help in classification of all the items. Until this task is finish, categories in the MSIT may change a little., also, only after this task is complete more filtering will be added (sub-category, type, etc)

DarkMoonEnigma

Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Awesome Anny :thumbsup ... I know what we've encountered while building this database, but it's been so worth it and rewarding to know that it will be a reliable functioning tool that will benefit our community and those who visit Monria, especially during our events. It will be more efficient for participants to find what they need, and not have to run around to different shops. Items and their locations are at their fingertips.

I know that we will continue to fine-tune this tool to make it better, and give shop and shopkeeper owners more options at their Shop Owner Admin Page (SOAP). The suggestions thread will be helpful as well to see how best to evolve this tool.

Thank you for your persistent and "perfectionistic" work on this very important tool for Monria Anny. I for one appreciate a perfectionist. :D

You're a dream to work with as well, so thank you for being such a wonderful media team partner.

I had to get mushy for at least a nanosecond because Anny deserves it ... she does more behind the scenes than anyone knows, and her support for Monria is unwavering.

I guess I'm just feeling fortunate right now that we have so many community members that do so much to help build our vision for Monria, and for that we are grateful. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I have updated the first post with the most current information. There is only one more shop to go and then we will have all shops and shopkeeper inventories added to our Monria Shops Inventory tool database.

If others decide to add shopkeepers and sell out of their apartments, those will be added as well.

Anny has added a new feature where you can now search on a category. She will continue to refine this feature.

DarkMoonEnigma

Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE ... all shops and shopkeeper inventories have now been added to the Monria Shops Inventory Tool database. Anny is continuing to work on the categories feature and an updated message will be posted in this thread with anything new. If anyone gets a shopkeeper and adds it to their apartment, or a shop owners adds a shopkeeper to their apartment, please let us know so that your inventory can be added to the MSIT database.

In the meantime, there is plenty of inventory on Monria to find at your fingertips, no more running around to shops or having to ask where anything is ... it's a couple of clicks away. :D

We are happy to welcome Buzz Lightyear as our newest shop owner. :thumbsup

Top Bottom