Low drop rate of hides?

Kaz

So was doing a little hunting today. Here were the results:

Killed 50 Khaffash and got 43 hides. No problem with that. It's like it's always been. (also decent loot in general)

Killed 75 Bahri and got 4 hides which makes a whopping 1 leather. Yea there's a problem with that drop rate. (also loot sucked in general)

So between the low drop rates on the Caboria and Bahri i wouldn't bother making any of the new clothes BP's that recently came out.

Anybody else have results like this? Or was it just bad luck?

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
So was doing a little hunting today. Here were the results:

Killed 75 Bahri and got 4 hides which makes a whopping 1 leather. Yea there's a problem with that drop rate. (also loot sucked in general)

I bet you got them all in the first 4 kills.

The mobs that are tight with their hide drops will give up whatever they have 'permission' to drop right away, then nothing for long time. I noticed this hunting Carboria to do the shorts. I might get 6 or 8 in row, when I'd first start, but often it was just 1 or 2 hides before they stopped dropping.

Last night I hunted a few Bahri, and there was a hide in most loots until I had 20, then nothing.

Most mobs never seem to stop dropping their 1 hide per loot, but Bahri and Carboria hides, at least, seem to be far too rare.

Miles

Kaz

I bet you got them all in the first 4 kills.

Actually it was 2 hides on the first two kills, then 2 more after 25 kills and then nothing after that. Hunting Caboria was pretty much 4 hides on the first 4 kills and then nothing for the next 75 kills. Regardless of how it works, I only hunt to get hides, so unless the drop rate changes I won't be hunting them anymore.

KMax

Hide drop rate is directly related to the mats needed to make specific clothing.

It is expected to be hard and long hunt for these items to make an item that once held high tt value and was rare to get.

MA does loot balancing so it makes absolute total sense as to why drop rate is low.

The post by Ki**en is totally exaggerated and she is really only pissed because she doesn't have a unique bp anymore, still unique but not quite because of a knockoff.

MA balances the loot so these BP now are just as hard to make as those, they just made the other BP's less unique.

Expect them still to take a ton of time to make.

Last edited:

Kaz

Hide drop rate is directly related to the mats needed to make specific clothing.

It is expected to be hard and long hunt for these items to make an item that once held high tt value and was rare to get.

MA does loot balancing so it makes absolute total sense as to why drop rate is low.

The post by Ki**en is totally exaggerated and she is really only pissed because she doesn't have a unique bp anymore, still unique but not quite because of a knockoff.

MA balances the loot so these BP now are just as hard to make as those, they just made the other BP's less unique.

Expect them still to take a ton of time to make.

I've made other Toulan clothes that were very time consuming to get the needed materials. However, they were also the type of thing to sell high enough to justify the time spent, or the ped paid to others for gathering the stuff, but the new clothes like the fisherman shorts are never going to sell for that much, nor should they. The cost to make is way higher than what you can sell them for. Same for the heels. The Caly heels even with their higher TT is much cheaper than the Toulan ones. Shorts and heels are not rare and are easy to get elsewhere for much cheaper and it's only the hides needed for the shorts and heels that have such a low drop rate.

Basically what I'm saying is, I hunt in order to make clothes and design them and then make a profit. I won't spend hours on end hunting and then on top of it sell the clothes at a loss.

Colbey Kal

I've made other Toulan clothes that were very time consuming to get the needed materials. However, they were also the type of thing to sell high enough to justify the time spent, or the ped paid to others for gathering the stuff, but the new clothes like the fisherman shorts are never going to sell for that much, nor should they. The cost to make is way higher than what you can sell them for. Same for the heels. The Caly heels even with their higher TT is much cheaper than the Toulan ones. Shorts and heels are not rare and are easy to get elsewhere for much cheaper and it's only the hides needed for the shorts and heels that have such a low drop rate.

Basically what I'm saying is, I hunt in order to make clothes and design them and then make a profit. I won't spend hours on end hunting and then on top of it sell the clothes at a loss.

I've been spending some time on Toulan every week or two. I'd be happy to my change by normal activities to target my hunting to what mats are needed.... but the MU needed to continue profiting is actually pretty high when only 1 drops per mob... and it seems outrageously high for hides that drop rarely.

Thawr are too much for me to hunt economically, and walkesh are way out of my league, but other things are possible. What're you looking for?

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
Since the latest VU the drop rates of these particular hides has improved dramatically. It takes time to get them, but it is not longer near-impossible.

:)

Miles

Top Bottom