Mazir and other stuffs

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Hi all,
After a couple weeks now, i've had time to pick up most things. Really loving whats been done here!

Since Hally-Baba mentioned Mazir, which i totally forgot about, came in mind some speculations and suggestions.

Mazir is said to have been summoned by one of the three Mages, locked in Burj-Al-Hawa Tower by the Safians.
This wrecked Chaos upon the Insians, and my speculations goes that Bahris, looking awfully similar to Mazir, are no more than Insians (us), infected by the breeding process Mazir unleashed.
Source: Trailer video reposted by Hally

mazir.png

Going from here, if we look at Bahri, you can clearly see the HUMAN head in pain (and arm!), on the shoulder, which would comfirm my theory. The glowing colour probably coming from the later exposure to Nawa though.

bahri.png

Now comes the Suggestions, both for lore and game.
Tie this Mazir thing to the lore and current state of Toulan. Explain what and why is this Mage locked, since last time we heard of them three, it was during the age of Sinmar, age of peace. But we know that coming back, Toulan is a 600yo wasteland, and a Mage is locked in the Tower, by the Safians; we dont know why, and that is ver irritating..... What happened, and why Toulan turned into a wasteland? My speculations involve Mazir.

Ingame, Mazir has to be a rare boss spawn. Pretty much like a Husk would be. Expensive to spawn too. And the fun is, with the Mazir-Bahri suspicions, we could think of Mazir actually turning players into bahris, randomly, just like a creature capsule, but forced. Fun, crazy, and i know you guys at VS are bonkers. And last weekend event proved that you wont lack the firepower for such a thing.

Good place to hide your ULs too.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other little stuffs:

Irrelevent in itself, and i actually was delighted to finally see a Mohkat, JeefZ and Bahri boss!!! Though i was very irritated that they were not named, when their statuette actually shown the name tag. Boss statuettes shows the name on the trophy, like "Jallad" for Qaffaz boss. Jelly, JeefZ and Bahri are named "the King", when i know they have their own names too on their trophy (cant remember but saw the statuette link).
Again, irrelevent, but so very important :)

We learn that Princess Nara is the last of the Safians. But what happened to the twelve others? How? They were on the Moon Elara, safe..
I may be a bit too impatient, but that left me with a big question mark here :)

Khaffash: While i can live with a semi idea of mohkat being the remnants of a village, drown in a toxic mist, or the jeef to have been re-animated throught manipulated magic, vehiculed by their nawa core; very little is said about the Khaffash.
I couldnt even find a translation for their name. Through their maturities, the lexique used, such as Assaillant, Ancient, means just like the Jeefs, that they are old, and hostile, lore-wise.
Doesnt take much to see they are Evil. From Evil intentions. They are present by the Pit (volcano), the Tower, and the Narian temple. All Evil location where Magic is involved. The volcano, due to the very last quest, where the Witch asks us to grab the Firestones, in a Khaffash nest; The Tower, where the Mage is locked, and from where he summoned Mazir; and the Narian Temple, Focus point of manipulated Magic.
If i havent said enough, errr well, not very hard to figure it out.... Same as Mazir.
Please enlight us :)

That is all!
Not much really, but wanted to post all this, as it was haunting me.

Again, thank you for your hard work, on delivering content, repairing Toulan, the hard work on events, lore, etc etc....
Unexpected, and delightful!

EDIT: Oh and Thanks Drakil for putting me in a manic mood about this again...

E~

Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I think khaffash is either a more original root of the persian Khuffash whicjh means bat or a local dialect of the name, or simply speeling mistake ?
Thank you for this Hally! And the precisions in the game chat! We looked into this in the past, with my arabic friend, who lives not far from Jordanie, and some of those names are from extremely ancient words. Adding to that, the language having its own writing, makes it very difficult to translate or respell to put into the european's writing game's format. And again, Arabic is a broad term, many arabic languages and dialects, as you mentioned in game chat, so indeed many ways things could a get lost in translation. Last being arabic internet not very accessible from western countries, to look into local cultures.
But thank you for this add-on, this totally makes sense :) Kuffash being Persian as you mentioned?

E~

Top Bottom