Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Now that we know what Decca's agenda is with the Church of the Elder Gods at DSEC9/Mountain of Madness and Toulan at Pit North, we can at least do our best to resist her veiled attempts at drawing us into her Cult of Shut'thend and a sinister conversion to the dark side. Regardless of how much we know about her efforts to take back control of Monria, and her drive to infiltrate DSEC9 and Toulan, there's no way that I'm going to relax about that because she'll continue to design new ways to manipulate our environments to get what she wants. This is why I reached out to my long-time friend and undercover operative Gothgorath.
|For those who have been following our official lore, you'll know who Goth is, and what his role has been as a supporter of our efforts to fight Decca's evil plans. I can't tell you how important his intel has been toward helping keep us prepared and on alert to what we may face.
He revealed himself to me in 2017 in The Kipling Chronicles (Book #1 of 5) in the Monrian Lore series. I was hesitant at first to meet with him after he wouldn't give me more details over comms, but I needed to know who he was and what service it was that he was offering, so I agreed to meet with him at the Cave 2 teleporter. My initial reaction was one of basic shock I guess, but after having a chat with him I was more relaxed and willing to listen to what he had to say. In as simple terms as I can share, Goth is a member of the Cult of Shut'thend and has convinced Decca and her Cultist followers that he worships Cthulhu as they do, which was not an easy feat.
In his own words ... "I am a member of the Cult of Shut'thend, but a service member and not an actual Cultist. I can't perform any of the rituals they do, and I don't partake in them. I just assist with duties that are rather menial compared to what they do, but I attend the meetings and take care of their needs while observing and listening. They think I am a Cthulhu worshiper, and I give them every reason to believe that. -- and
I know you have had experience with other locations in the universe, but Monria is different because there are purveyors of evil and darkness that cause dimensional rifts that are not only dangerous, but can shift experiential dynamics from status quo to what the hell just happened."
I think we have had those what the hell just happened moments over the years, and I don't think they'll stop, which is why I called upon Goth to see if he can dig deeper into the Cult to find out anything that would help us become even more prepared and resilient to Decca's attempts to gain back control. He has agreed to do just that, so hopefully he'll be able to share more intel that will give us an advantage going forward.
There's still a great mystery about Goth and why Monria is so important to him, but he told me a long time ago that he will eventually tell his story. I will soon start writing Book #6 in Monrian Lore to close out that era which will lead us to Toulan and then DSEC9, so perhaps during the course of this undertaking his story will be told, and perhaps this will also be the time when I learn who I am in the grander scheme of things that Pinthas has alluded to for far too long.
For now, the question remains ... will we continue to have the resources available to keep Decca at bay, and what will her next move be?
Oh, and .... if you should see Goth about, be sure to thank him for his service toward our well being. He's been a regular player for a long time if not so frequent, but one of our community members who have found themselves within the pages of our official lore like so many other community members. This trend will continue.
MONRIA EVENT DETAILS
Date | Saturday, January 13th
Time | 00:00 -to- 23:59 game time
(to determine game time -- click on your System tab in the chat box and then press U ... or
press the period key if you haven't remapped your keyboard since the graphics update)
Location | Entire Monria Moon -- Mountain of Madness mobs not included
RULES & GUIDELINES
- you do not need to register at EntropiaLife for this event ... globals/hofs are automatically recorded
- please ask questions in Monria chat as your first option, and refrain from PM'ing DME if at all possible
- be considerate of your fellow participants during the event
- --- this includes not cluttering TP areas in the craters with vehicles and/or landing on top of people
- --- when going back out into the field, please be considerate of where you land and pick up vehicles
- --- turrets don't work during our events, so please don't drag mobs to the TP areas
- teams must have the name Monria in the team name to be eligible for prizes
- please do not use symbols in your team name so it gets into the filter for the event data spreadsheet
- please register your Team Name and Team Leader in this thread
- --- any prizes won will be given to the Team Leader for distribution
- societies cannot have more than one team name with their society name in it
- if you hire a healer and don't team, your globals/hofs will count as Solo entries
- if you team with a healer, or anyone else, your globals/hofs will count as Team entries
- all of Monria is open to those who wish to participate in the mining portion of the event
- if you get a claim in an area where you are challenged to excavate it because of mobs ...
- --- ask in Monria chat to see if any of our VCAT members are available to assist
24 HOUR HUNTING & MINING | DETAILS
Date | Saturday, January 13th -- Time Begins | 00:00 game time -- Time Ends | 23:59 game time
Location | Entire Monria Moon -- Mountain of Madness mobs not included -- (see specific increased mob spawn locations in the link below)
Right click on the following links and open in a new tab -- these are PDF files for downloading:
Monria Increased Mob Spawn Locations
Monria Mob Levels / HP - Wave Locations - Pets - Yogs Burrow Sweating
Also, here are links to help you navigate Monria, but also find items in shops and shopkeepers:
Right click on the links to open in a new tab.
Monria Guide to Everything
Monria Interactive Map
Monria Shops Inventory Tool
HUNTING & MINING | EVENT PRIZES
HEADS UP ... if you haven't done so already, make sure you pick up the:
- Daily Missions
- Mining Guild Representative Mining Missions
- The Order of the Elder Gods -- (Chapters/Horns mission)
- Toy Soldier -- (Monria Plushies mission)
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Shoggoth -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Rute KILLER Marlene
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Yog -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Andy Anzac McTomcat
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Cultist -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Vizzanu VIZZ Nie
- Single Highest Global/HoF -- Shub -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Ghenno Content Creator
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Shoggoth -- Prize --> 200 PED -- (no winner)
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Yog -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Morning on Monria
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Cultist -- Prize --> 200 PED -- nothing like a Monria
- Highest Team Global/HoF -- Shub -- Prize --> 200 PED -- Naked Monria
- Highest global/hof on any ore/enmatter -- Prize --> 200 PED -- AN AliaNayaraN NA
- First Lowest global on any ore/enmatter -- Prize --> 100 PED -- Aranthir Athal Lander
- Last Lowest global on any ore/enmatter -- Prize --> 100 PED -- Judy JdyNayaraN CC
There was a total of 294 globals/hofs during the 24 hr event time.
You can see all of the results in Ant's spreadsheet here where individual global/hof totals are included.
Right click and open in a new tab.
RULES ON HOW YOU WIN
- Solo Hunting, Team Hunting
- you can only win one Solo and one Team hunting prize
- you can also win a mining prize based on the following rules
- if you get the highest global/hof and one of the lowest globals ... you win the highest
- if you win the highest, you are not eligible for either the first or last lowest global prizes
- the person who wins the first lowest global is not eligible to win the last lowest global
- if you get the first lowest global, you can continue mining toward getting the highest
- Example ... you get the first lowest global and have the first recorded time
- --- this means you win the first lowest global prize
- --- but there's an incentive to continue mining to see if you can get the highest global/hof
- --- if you do, then the person who had the lowest global with the time right after yours ...
- ---------- would win the first lowest global prize
- Additional Information
- you can win prizes in solo/team hunting and mining based on the above rules
- in case of a draw for any of the prizes, the first recorded time will apply
- Anhithe will extract the data from EntropiaLife after the event and determine the winners
- --- he will also create a gobal/hof data spreadsheet that will be posted with the results
- the results will be added to the first post in this event thread sometime on Sunday
INSTRUCTIONS TO CAPTURE THE DSEC MINING CAMP & DSEC MILITARY CAMP CRATER TPs
(formerly known as the South and West Craters)
- from the DSEC Forensics Crater, go SE to the abandoned mine, follow the road
- --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- /wp [Monria, 38484, 19945, 27, Waypoint]
- --- be mindful that there are Yogs outside the abandoned mine entrance
- --- they should be mostly off to the left unless someone aggro'd them
- --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
- --- this will take you to the DSEC Mining Camp crater ... capture the TP and then ...
- from the DSEC Mining Camp TP follow the road out to the abandoned mine
- --- coordinates of the abandoned mine are --- /wp [Monria, 37751, 17991, 107, Waypoint]
- --- use the insta-teleporter just inside the abandoned mine
- --- this will take you to the DSEC Military Camp crater ... capture the TP
MONRIA EVENT TEAMS
Morning on Monria
Team Leader: Morning Monria Star
Monria Community Assistance Team
Team Leader: Shadow ShadowDragonV Dragon
nothing like a Monria
Team Leader: misha buldog nosorog
Team Leader: Batblch WATECH Watech
HAVE FUN AND ... " EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED "