Planet Toulan Release Notes 14.9

Toulan Genie

Administrator
Planet Toulan Release Notes 14.9
March 15 2016

City.jpg

New Content:

. Updated The Beginner Experience Quest Chain :
Added new chain of missions starting from NPC Senan at Al-Nahar City [134486, 96467]

. New Quwa Mining Challenges
Added new NPC Quwa Mining Challenge Missions at Al-Nahar City [134529, 96445]

. New Lines of Lootable Weapons AMPs
  • Chahen BLP AMP (L)
  • Muzwed Energy AMP (L)
  • Mestawy Melee AMP (L)

. New Graduation Rewards
  • Armor Rifi Graduate UNL

. New Garment :
  • Nahar Outfit (Quest, part of Beginner Experience Chain)

Fixes :

• Updated Music Broadcaster playlists
  • Optimized Quests texts
  • Various terrain optimization
  • Vegetation fixes

Lava.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mohammed|Beladcom

Beladcom Official
These are new lines of introduced AMPs, the current ones are (L) , with plans to constantly build up the line of AMPs including (UNL).

The release notes are updated, thanks Parradox keep the valued feedback coming.

Me Really Never

i cant say for other spawns but the high maturity qaffaz spawn a little bit NW of the wave spawn is a bit too dense now... there are maybe 3 to 4 times as many mobs as before and its all laggy now... before it was fine as they respawn quite quickly but now its too much imo...

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
Another spawn gone wild: the Tabtab's SE of Guardian Villiage is like an invasion - A solid sea of red.

tabtab-invasion-2016-03-16 1-20-37.jpg

Cheers,
Miles

Jetman

found similar at the mokhat.

on another note, where is the mob loot.... killed 700 dahhar, no skin and 300 Mokhat, 3 Hands.... anyone else noticed this?

Me Really Never

ye dahhar skin is not dropping... so im stuck at the mission chain... hide doesnt count for it... i guess it is supposed to be dahhar hide and not skin as it drops in waves like the qaffaz tail does now but it aint working with it :/

Last edited:

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
So far I've enjoyed the new missions.

The drop rates of many mob parts ranges from low to non-existent - with many announced parts still undiscovered. Right now these items tend to drop in waves - you get a few/several/many when you start out (if you get any at all) - but keep hunting and you may not see any more.

Dahhar hides have always been very hard to come by, and Dahhar skins would be a new item.

Is it supposed to be a tough mission, to track down rare parts, or is the drop rate wrong for these items?

I suspect it's the later, but Toulan has served up some pretty intense missions already....

Cheers,
Miles

Mohammed|Beladcom

Beladcom Official
We'll look into the mobs parts loot drop, and into the abnormal high density spawns.

Thank you guys for the great feedback, keep it coming.

Me Really Never

so... the dahhar skin dropping now but somehow its still bugged i think... i needed to wait 1.5 hours until it dropped (until the wave item wave started) and then it was active for 15 seconds or so... i could get 3 kills off so 3 items... and now nothing again :/

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
I think it has to with an "amount available to drop", and if you're hunting while that amount is, or goes, above zero you'll probably get them all. That's why on a new hunt you'll usually get them right off the bat - sometimes quite a few if the count has built up a little. Now there is surely some sort of timer element, so you occasional get some mid hunt, but by my theory, you don't get more by grinding - you get more by shooting a couple mobs to see if the item is dropping - then hunt till it stops and move on (unless you have another reason to continue).

By way of example, recall when the Diluted Mineral Extractors were added to certain mobs, to drop 1 extractor per kill (when available). Initially there was a huge available count so every kill of a mob with the item in its loot table received one. As I was grinding through the 5k and then 10k Dahhar missions, after looting thousands upon thousands of DME's, the well ran dry. I was using all of them myself, not sitting on them or crashing the market, either, but ever since, the DME's do drop occasionally from all the same mobs, but whatever limits the MA balancing team had set kicked in.

DISCLAIMER: As I am talking about loot/balancing, all is conjecture. Also, the exact mechanism doesn't change the nature of the problem, but I think think might change how you approach dealing with it.

That's my 2 cents worth :)

Cheers,
Miles

Me Really Never

well i recognized that those drop waves are synchronized. for example at the same moment afetr 1.5 hours of dahhar when the skins started dropping shortly, at the same exact moment the qaffaz tails started dropping too...

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
well i recognized that those drop waves are synchronized. for example at the same moment afetr 1.5 hours of dahhar when the skins started dropping shortly, at the same exact moment the qaffaz tails started dropping too...

That makes sense. The amount of items available would logically be updated on a regular basis. Your observations about the timing and multiple mobs seem to confirm that.

But I don't think it's a timed wave once it happens (otherwise it would not be possible to loot a whole bunch of items at the beginning of a hunt), I do think it is a number (or ped value) of items made available to loot - but can only guess at the factors that could affect how that is calculated.

Thanks for the information. :)

Miles

BMM

Graduate Armor

Hi are you able to post some stats and pics of the new unlimited graduate armor please.

Top Bottom