Quizz to Players

Eleni Von Estlla

Oki this be a funny quizz for everyone in the Universe who ever spent time on Toulan, or even maybe havent yet.

Just curious to hear what are the thoughts and point of view of everybody :)
Please keep it fun, clear, add a spoon of common sense and a grain of salt :D

Feel free to spread butter on your answers, i dont think posts have a maximum capacity.

-What dragged you on Toulan?

-How hard was it to find your way around, and get started here?

-What are your goals/wish to accomplish here?

-What is the things you like the most here?

-What is the things you dislike the most here?

-What is Toulan missing?

-What would you like to see next here?

-Has a Tabtab ever hurt you?

-What doesnt make sense here (yet) ?

-What makes sense then?

-Anything else?

Me Really Never

i can answer a few... first i came because i wanted to see how its like.
things i like are: the working economy, especially when looking on mining goods. i dont know any other planet where basically any ressource goes for 120%+.
also i like the mobs. many dont do that much damage but have medium hp (around 400-600). there is not so much variety on other planets as far as i know. the spawns are nice but not as good as on ark. but i like the variety of different wave spawners.
what im missing the most is that there is no UL stuff to get. that takes away my grinding power so im spending more time on other planets as when im grinding i want to at least have the possibility to hit something very valuable apart from high tt hofs. as long as that part is missing im not grinding hardcore on toulan.
at least i heard someone got an ESI on toulan so i would like to hear some responses on what mobs dropped em so far.
btw why doesnt toulan have mindforce chips as UL drops as most other planets have?

Miles Stardust

VCAT Co-Mgr
I'll have a go:

Logged in on NextIsland - I was there cleaning out my storage - when news broke that Toulan was discovered, right next door. It was my first opportunity to see a planet on day 1, so I came to explore.

I missed the initial NPC for the starter mission (now there is another NPC to guide you) so I just started cruising around looking for TP's. The only loot anywhere was ammo and animal oils. I remember TP'ing blindly into PVP, only to be set upon by a swarm of Khaffash for the first time.

My main goals are to have some sort of estate on Toulan, and to unlock Commando.

More than any one thing, I like the way things all work to together. There is so much depth, and each update shows how much potential remains.

I dislike Karmoosh - no good reason, maybe it's the overalls.

Missing UL items of course, and higher level native weapons of any kind.

I like to be surprised, so I don't know...

Just a little, but I have dispatched so many in return :)

Lots of things don't make sense, but in an unfolding mystery sort of way, so it's cool.

Everything else ;)

Nope, that's it.

Cheers, Miles

Eleni Von Estlla

Thank you for answering, i find both post very interesting!!

Ill have my go aswell now.

-What dragged you on Toulan?
Being born on Ark, I first landed here during my first tour of the universe.
We went on Calypso with a friend with who i started playing who now stopped, this was a 2 hours stay because.. What a mess there.
Then i at least bought my own ship there and decided to go get lost in space myself and spend the evening stopping on planets on my way back to Arkadia.
Monria was a short stay, rocktropia saw my butt kicked by zombies straight away, then landed on Toulan.
Now this was quiet something.
Buildings looked special, the sun was so bright, and the first creatures were all glowy, and i could kill them and survive, sometime.
I spent most of the night there but my friend heading back to Arkadia i left.
Obssessed by this experience i just went back to Ark, packed my storage and moved to Toulan for a undefined time, this was now a year ago.

-How hard was it to find your way around, and get started here?
Well i never really attached any importance to missions, but more like exploration and discoveries, and what can make me become or reach what i want.
Though dailies are an amazing plus here and Quwa challenges led me to discover richess so i love it.
Now when arkadia was a simple military creature slaughter thing, i found out the main Toulan quest later and that it has a real epic story in the background - and following it led me to areas i never explored.

-What are your goals/wish to accomplish here?
Here since landed my goal is to have a good time.
I pretty much do everything myself, try be autosufficient, build my avatar and have a good time.
My high end goal being to reach lv.100 throught swords and to set up for pvp, being mostly set weapon wise.
I would also love to craft my armors and swords, swords being a focus for now.

-What is the things you like the most here?
The colour palette caught my first eye, and made me feel like home straight away.
The beauty really made me like "id love to live in a place like this", so did i, and the further i ventured on Toulan only deepened this feeling.
Now what i love is that we have a sweet wide range of crafted items, textures are in my opinion the most beautiful in the universe so im more than happy looting this hides all the time, and there is so much mysterious things that keeps me hanging in suspense and i just love it.

Ill add that what i love the most is that we do everything with our hands here.
As said i love to be auto sufficient, and i love that i can craft my little things to help me carry on my journeys.
The amount of things we can craft is just amazing, as well as that it is very accessible to get ressource to craft and recycle everything.

-What is the things you dislike the most here?
Importing.
As said above i like to be auto sufficient.
Im not too hard to please but its more hating than disliking in this case.
When i realised i was being on Toulan for good, and that gear, armor aswell as weapons (i only hunt) was very weak, rare for the highest and limited, i started to go for unlimited gear only.
More expensive on the purchase but can be resold after use, no constant markup, and most importantly no constant importation/travels.

-What is Toulan missing?
Well i think what i dislike, needs gear, both weapons and armors, but also higher finders, mining amps, and mire crafting goodies.
I want to craft amromors and want armors solutions on Toulan, because looting 200 armor parts per week is ridiculous, and the statistics of those are extremly weak, including the hardest armors to loot.
But we know it is a work in progress so no complain here.

-What would you like to see next here?
Id like to ride a Sunjoq when its faster walking, tame a mokhat and teach it how to swear, higher level mobs, meet a Narian, and stock enough Nawa to light it up and propel my Space Rocket to go have a cup of tea with the Safians on the Moon, but thats a work in progress.

-Has a Tabtab ever hurt you?
Well Daddy Karmoosh sure sent me back to the Citadelle a few times :p
Ill teach him, one day.

-What doesnt make sense here (yet) ?
The "why?"
Toulan is a post apocalyptic planet. We land here without much clues, and we get bits and pieces of the lore here and there, which makes it absolutly fantastic.
We will find out with time, which is the principle of investigating, and also why it lacks sense for now.
But this is far from being a negative point, i love it.

-What makes sense then?
Everything we know and found out already :)
Theres nothing left, and everything to build.

-Anything else?
Well i think everything here is extremly positive to say it is still under construction.
As Miles mentioned we have very frequent content implantations which are going in a totally unexpected way, and is really impressive.

Im a baby in Entropia as for very young, but im really happy to be here and to witness, be part of this.
Toulan allowed me to take baby steps in EU, and i feel like the Planet and myself are both growing and learning together, and this is a wonderful feeling that makes me smile every time i log into the game.

Just a side note to Paradox about ESIs
http://www.toulanforum.com/forum/showthread.php?1504-1st-ESI-looted-big-time-D

Last edited:

Miles Stardust

VCAT Co-Mgr
at least i heard someone got an ESI on toulan so i would like to hear some responses on what mobs dropped em so far.
btw why doesnt toulan have mindforce chips as UL drops as most other planets have?
ESI's have pretty much always dropped on Toulan, I've looted at least 4 or 5 - one just last week from CUHOF 4. The others were from Wahesh/Thawr/Duhol/Jeef type mobs, but don't recall specfically. I think Wiang looted a big ESI off of one of the Wave Bosses.

The main thing about ESI's is that they drop mostly from huge mobs, of which Toulan has few, but MA dev's have said in the past that any mob is capable of dropping an ESI.

Cheers, Miles

Me Really Never

ESI's have pretty much always dropped on Toulan, I've looted at least 4 or 5 - one just last week from CUHOF 4. The others were from Wahesh/Thawr/Duhol/Jeef type mobs, but don't recall specfically. I think Wiang looted a big ESI off of one of the Wave Bosses.

The main thing about ESI's is that they drop mostly from huge mobs, of which Toulan has few, but MA dev's have said in the past that any mob is capable of dropping an ESI.

Cheers, Miles
didnt know that, thanks. i reached stage 5 of duhol but didnt get any of them yet... and havent killed many thawr though... im on stage 5 qaffaz as well but also no esi from them (i kill mostly alpha) so i thought that it has been changed quite recently...

Top Bottom