Rosa's Birthday Party | Asteroid Surfing at Howling Mine

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
When your guy is a Master Ninja Wizard, you get to experience all kinds of unique things, and what we did for Rosa's birthday was something he and I had done a couple of years ago or so, and he suggested that we take Rosa and Raine and go have a birthday party at Howling Mine.

I knew exactly what that meant, and while I wanted to invite Ant and Kendra to go with us, I knew that Ant wouldn't be available this weekend, and also that it was a Friday night instead of a Saturday, and their time zone would play a big factor, so we'll have to do this again when it's convenient for them.

We like having couples date night, and we're trying to arrange something that would include Ant and Kendra, Rosa and Raine, and Max and Ali, so hopefully one of these days we'll manage that.

In the meantime, this is a video of asteroid surfing at Howling Mine, along with a bit of craziness, including Obie launching a big-ass boat that both Rosa and Raine seemed to have been able to pass right through, and we even added some fireworks and other antics to show how space air can have bizarre effects.

Near the end of the video, I take my last surfing ride in a suicidal leap off the edge of the asteroid. You remain on the hover board for a bit while you're floating, which is cool, and then the hover board disappears. You stand there for a minute or so floating in space and then b00m, you're a corpse and transport to the revive inside the asteroid.

It takes a bit to get used to navigating the controls while surfing on the asteroid, and the adrenaline is pumping because you just don't know what's over the next ridge -- you could fall into a crater or, if you've lost your sense of direction (SO easy to do), then you could be heading for that suicide leap. :D
break-c.png

break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
One of the things I forgot to mention, is that where you see a hesitation in the video, it's not lag, but where I pressed my print screen button to capture a photo -- the photos that I posted in the other thread about this adventure, so I know going forward that I can't do this anymore if I'm capturing video footage. There was absolutely no lag whatsoever. :)

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
That was a brilliant video DM :clap:clap:clap

where the Hell did obie get a boat???

His unreal lol :bronco

Top Bottom