Shrine of the Elder Gods event

Coilshot

The boss Decca is being killed before everyone has the chance to complete tier 3 of their mission. It is difficult to tell the difference between Decca and the other cultists. Maybe Bigger Decca or More flare on her like a green aura to distinguish the difference from the other cultist. Also with the large groups of players here, there does not seem to be enough cultist to bring everyone up to be able to complete tier 3 before Decca shows up. Proportional spawn to the amount of players in event area would help a lot.

Thanks again for listening...

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
After my observations, I would have to agree that with the large groups that continue to come to engage in the dynamic Shrine event, there doesn't seem to be enough Cultists in the spawn for some to be able to achieve Tier 3 @100% ... I've been told by many that they are bringing their socs to do the event, and others said they will continue to come back to do this event and the dynamic wave events inside the mountain for the Elder Gods Blessing to get the 1 hr increased skill gain.

I also agree after my observations that it's difficult for players to distinguish Decca from the normal Cultists because she's not that much bigger, and ... with so many there, she is taken down quite quickly, even at L169 ... perhaps she needs to be beefed up more. :p

I can tell you that if this is the way we go (Ant's decision of course), then it would take a VU in order to accomplished it, so patience is in order regarding this suggestion, but also if it gets implemented.

Thanks for the feedback Coil ... seems many within the community agree with you as well. :)

Orbit

Was good to be at the Shrine yesterday and managed to attempt to complete twice, I suppose there are quite a few variables for Boss to be taken down before all completed the Tier 3, but that aside it is a fantastic new event and looking forward to getting suit one day, the run speed buff will be great help while skilling melee.
Maybe proportional spawn could help but wouldnt that need a buy in or activation, and then would that change the event to be easy/hard.
Will be interesting to see how ability to complete event changes once majority have the suit.
Well I’ll be loading up and getting heal and repair tool ready and hoping that the activation times are in my favour while online over the next few days :)

Mungo Baobob

Shop Owner
I think this event is balanced well for a group of 5-10, which after things settle down in a few months, is likely what we will see more frequently. I would be slow to change the balance for groups of 100 people :) ok ok DME said it was not 100 but.....feels like it :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I think this event is balanced well for a group of 5-10, which after things settle down in a few months, is likely what we will see more frequently. I would be slow to change the balance for groups of 100 people :) ok ok DME said it was not 100 but.....feels like it :)

You are probably right (I said "probably" :p), BUT ... what the dynamic is here as well is, that they are coming back daily to get the Elder Gods Blessing with the 1 hr increased skill gain buff which has also become quite popular, so while those who already have their Elder Gods Suit come for the 1 hr skill gain buff, there are still those (and will continue to be) who don't have the Elder Gods Suit. If we have large groups like we did the first 3 Shrine sessions I observed until the 4th when it was a smaller group, then the issue continues of those trying desperately to achieve their Tier 3 Contribution at 100% to get the Elder Gods Suit. Maybe some kind of balance with mob spawns?

BTW dude ... while you were playing statue in the middle of the chaos and not engaging while Bob was massively active, I actually saved your behind by healing you when a few Cultists decided you were being mean by not playing with them.

In the end, I had to side with them and let it play out, I felt sorry for them. :nana

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
I logged in having left while waiting at the shrine, to find myself in the middle of mayhem I think it was wave 2 of 5. I had made tier 3 before the next wave was halfway through so for me it was very easy, but was nice to be able to go heal newer players (although it is a bit hard when everyone is running around with cultists everywhere!)

I found the same with the other waves to get the spine, tier 3 racks up so quickly that it means you spend 3 or 4 waves waiting for the boss although the shubtegunthingy wave is a bit of a challenge.

I am guessing the tier progression is based on damage done so high dps racks up quickly? Personally I thought it was a lot of fun last night and I was pleased that I could get the suit and the spine in one evening, the skill buff is a great idea too.

Biggest problem I saw is the lower level players just don't have enough HP to survive, I was trying to heal Nukem but he kept getting vaporised lol so it seems the way to get newer players to succeed would be for us tanks to soak up some damage and let them shoot from a distance maybe? Just talking tactics here, I don't think the waves need rebalancing really.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Nice feedback from everyone, thank you for that because it helps gain perspective from the experiences of players. I'm just an observer, but after witnessing many more Shrine events, I feel so proud of the community we have and how everyone works together to help others achieve their Tier 3 Contribution @100%. It really is amazing to behold, and with the help of those who understand the dynamics of this event and how it plays out at the Shrine, the end result is a lot of happy people getting their Elder Gods Suit.

The same dynamic plays out inside the mountain with the wave events with regard to alerting everyone in Monria chat when a wave has been triggered and which wave events need more players, or when someone initiates a plan to want to trigger an event and invites people to join. It has been an amazing few days after the Patch to see such team work at the level it has been.

What's equally as amazing is how so many are collecting the info given in Monria chat and making stickies to pass the information on to others to help them navigate DSEC-9. ShadowDragonV created a thread to help with that called Navigating DSEC-9, so that helps a lot. We continue to collect info regarding Mountain of Madness mobs, their levels, HP and other data and posting it at the forum for easy access. Waypoints with mobs and mob levels have been created for inside and outside of the mountain to share in the game as well.

Threads have been created on Mountain of Madness Mobs with scans and other data. Mission threads have been created for both the Elder Gods Suit and Shub Spine by ShadowDragonV. She is also in the process of creating mission threads for inside the mountain dynamic waves to help navigate those as well, so lots of information is being presented to help with your experiences. Fire DBug Fly created a very helpful mission thread for the Stranger in the Woods new player mission chain. The community is working together in a brilliant way to make as much information available as possible, and there's more to come.

Tedros 420 even created dialogue to share in Local Chat at the Shrine to give everyone a heads up regarding how things work so they have an idea of how to approach engagement, and this has truly been very beneficial in the overall dynamics of this event. It has helped a lot more players achieve their goal of getting to Tier 3 Contribution @100%. However, whenever Tedros 420 isn't around for a Shrine event, there are others who pitch in to help everyone understand.

I want to thank all who have embraced these dynamic events and who have demonstrated brilliantly how team work can help achieve so much more. It's an amazing accomplishment, and after observing many more Shrine events, I am now inclined to think that rebalancing what is already in place may not be needed. The last Shrine event I witnessed on Wednesday night before I logged didn't have very many players and they were really struggling, but what unfolded over the course of the waves was nothing less than phenomenal.

Alerts were given in Monria chat, and more started showing up, with even one or two crossing the universe who already had managed to complete this event for the Elder Gods Suit to pitch in to help. Zho at one point had (I swear) about 10 of the Cultists on her and wasn't taking damage. I only know the armor was Perseus, but not what the rest of the gear was, other than a bad-ass sword that did a lot of slicing and dicing to keep the Cultists away from the Shrine so others could repair it and some to help heal those who needed it.

It really is amazing to watch how the community comes together and exemplifies team work, but it's also amazing to witness players with less gear and dps be persistent in spite of many deaths over the span of the Shrine waves of Cultists to achieve their goal.

I plan to witness more Shrine events, but I have a Toulan event thread to put together and a magazine to publish the end of this month with ShadowDragonV, so I will be a little less available until that is accomplished. However, I feel these dynamic events are now in good hands, so it should all work out quite well.

Thank you to everyone who continues to participate and helping others after achieving your goal, it's simply amazing. :thumbsup

Top Bottom