Sweat Market

SachemUrsa

Let’s face it, sweat is a supply and demand market. More supply than demand lowers the price for sweat. The Monria Sweat Buying program helps a lot of new players. But the best route would be to increase the demand for sweat.

More items that require sweat for crafting or use would boost demand and price.

I do not know how hard it is to introduce new blueprints, but I suggest some Monria based crafting to solve this problem

Monria Psy Armor:

Monria Psy Armor. Armor that protects against cold, or electric, or burn damage, or combination there of.

Such armor would be useful against certain mobs, and each would have several levels of the model going up in protection. Sweat and Force Nexus would be the main crafting ingredients.

Monria Armor Plates:

The same concept can be applied to Monria Armor Plates, for people who need extra protection from Cold, Elect, or Burn damage, but don’t want an armor set specifically for that. Again Sweat and Force Nexus would be the main crafting materials.

Monria Melee Weapons

Melee weapons that do extra cold, elect or burn damage, and use Mind Essence as ammo. Mind Essence is easy for a new player to craft, but has limited use. This would increase the market for both Sweat and Mind Essence.

So tell me what you think and if this idea has any merit.

Kalixt

I've read several sweat related threads and in my opinion there is nothing to do if MA doesn't make the first step in this direction.

Solutions to make the price of sweat increase were suggested many times (refine oil+sweat for vehicle gas, etc ...). MA never answered so it looks like MA does not really want the sweat price increase, they have tons of solutions if they really want to do something. Originally posted by Nalia.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I like the sweat idea discussions because they produce critical thinking about what to do with regard to sweat. I know that Ant has several ideas with regard to what he'd like to do with sweat, but they can't be revealed at this time. As he gets closer to making some decisions, he will most likely share his thoughts with the community. One of the things he's known for though, is reaching out to the community and exploring options. Sometimes we even do a poll.

On the other hand, sometimes he just likes to surprise the community with an implementation that he's pretty solid on.

There are definitely a lot of things that could be done with sweat, but there are also variables to consider in doing so, and the most crucial I think with any kind of development implementation is balance. The other thing to keep in mind is that we are not a full-on planet with our own development team. We work in tandem with MindArk to accomplish our development goals, and each new thing that we add is an additional cost.

We love the community to make suggestions and have discussions about their ideas and how to make Monria a more enjoyable experience, so please continue to do that. We watch the Suggestions section and often gain inspiration.

Thank you for your contributions, they are greatly appreciated. :)

Noz

There are a lot of bps that require sweat. The dsec laser and blp amps take sweat, like 5k per click. Problem is atm they are not competitive to sell due to some of the ingredients jumping in price lately.
I also use a lot of sweat in portable repair and tt units, 5k and 2k per click respectively.
It is also used in welding wire at 10 per click.
Mind Essence also takes sweat.
The biggest problem is the prices Monrians expect. To remain competitive with my prices i need to get sweat at around 1.4/k, which is what it sells for on caly. Monrians seem to expect 2 ped/k which would mean i wouldn't be able to make my items at a competitive price.
For example the portable repair units at 5k sweat per click, with an expected success rate of 1 in 3, counting in returns on near successes, means i need 10k sweat per unit. If i paid 2 ped/k that is 20 ped, at 1.4 ped/k that is only 14 ped. That is a 6 ped price difference for the finished item. If i was to sell them at 6 ped over market value, due to buying sweat at a higher price nobody would buy and everyone would say i am charging extortionate prices.
I understand you want to sell at the best price possible, who wouldn't. But to remain competitive as a shopkeeper we need to buy at market value.

Just thought i would give some input from a buyers point of view.

SachemUrsa

Although I am a swunter, I don't sell my sweat, I need it for crafting.

My main goal is to find something that makes more people want to come to Monria, and hopefully keep with the theme about the moon that is being developed.

Of course as I am new to the game, I have a limited view of what is already available.

Leshrac KAINE Necros

VCAT Team Member
You could add an npc that could take X amount of sweat in exchange for a few PEC of some sweat related skill, concentration perhaps. It could be a sweat daily mission.

Or the npc could trade various Monrian items for sweat. Perhaps something like the blueprints that SachemUrsa spoke of, or even an improved sweating device.

hans

MA is obviously not keen on improving the sweat market as it essentially gives money for player time, which is not as useful in paying their developers as deposits or in improving their balance sheet.
While I have sympathy with their balance sheet and understand that hungry coders do not code well I do believe there is room for improvement.
I'd really like an NPC that will trade Welding Wire BP's for sweat as my drop rates on those have plummeted to near zero.
I also think the idea of crafting L armour and plates using lots of sweat that offer protection for damage types beneficial to survival on Monria is a good idea, especially if we can also obtain the L BP's for more sweat.
I'm keen to see what ideas Ant has in this space.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
This is one of the things I spend a fair bit of time thinking about and here's my 2 pecs

The way that I think of Sweat is as a form of 'sweat equity', kind of like a currency representing labour I guess in economic terms. As players we all value our time a lot differently so when we're buying sweat its like we're buying time. Part of the challenge is that because it is a video game we value our time differently. There are some of us that wouldn't spend all day IRL working to earn 5 dollars but would gladly sweat all day to earn 50 ped. It is also fairly straightforward to find a way to do this by being afk and doing other things. If you add in the potential for 'family' members and nefarious means this gives a near unlimited supply of sweat.

Overall I think there has been lots of attempts to increase sweat consumption like welding wire and there are also plenty of bps that consume sweat now. The galactica healing chips uses mind essence for example. There was a time when all mindforce chips used mind essence but that wasn't really fair on the MF users who were effectively paying MU for ammo. Anything that tampers with the normal economy of the game, efficiency of items or high TT rewards directly for sweat are a net loss and would un-balance things somewhat and I think should be avoided.

So we have a near unlimited supply of sweat, i.e. not enough scarcity and a secondary market that puts pressure on the price. So if we take a portable repair unit as an example, it takes 5k of sweat so if I pay 2 ped per k and get a 33% success rate, that has just added 30 ped to my costs outside of any tt in the construction. This combined with the near unlimited supply means as a crafter I will always be trying to get sweat cheaper and there will always be people willing to sell it to me.

I don't think on Monria we can solve the whole EU sweat market but I do have some ideas and a few concepts in this area. To be honest lots my ideas tend to be a little out there so I can't promise any of it would get implemented as 90% of what I come up with is generally considered insane :p

For Monria, sweat is important for that initial period for new players to support them while they decide if Monria is something they are willing to spend Money on. I think if a player can survive for a period of time then the majority will at some point decide to become depositors and will likely find other activities outside of sweating more interesting. This is similar to the path I took, I didn't deposit my first year and have deposited plenty since. It gives a player some understanding of the mechanics and means they are less likely to make some bad financial decisions that turn them off the game.

This is a bit long winded but what I think we need to do is:
  • Increase scarcity of sweat by 'sweat sinks' - ways to make an individuals own sweat be consumed
  • make the sweat sink activity repeatable
  • create a direct market for sweat (think fair trade, so resellers, crafters etc are not required for this activity)
  • ensure that the individual who sweats is the person who gains the benefit either through p2p MU or a useful reward
  • the benefit/reward should be tangible for the sweater but not impact the non player economy (meaning MU is okay but not things like weapon efficiency, or high tt value)

So there's generally my thoughts on the subject. There are things that can be done like adding sweat to blueprints etc in the future but I think the best approach for Monria would be to introduce missions and activities that have to be completed by the person actually sweating and that involves handing in their sweat. This I think would help to reduce the surplus of sweat and also encourage more direct game play for sweaters.

Ant

Kingu

Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
Small idea of sweat sinker.. Not sure its doable but , Something like Cyrene, an NPC take 500 sweat daily, return is a token.. how that could be done on Monria, not thought over what the reward could be but should absolutely be something beneficial and require a good amount tokens...

Trade part i have no 2 pec to throw out...

may be way off with the idea but its a start.. lol

Top Bottom