The big thread of all thats wrong (constructive)

Hally

VCAT Co-Mgr
Many of us loves toulan !

But most if not all people on the planet feel thers something wrong.

Ive had a few messages back and forth with Mohammed from the dev team, and he asks that i put things in public, so that people can see and chime in. We talket about how its very good that things are exposed for all to see, but also about how making suggestions and giving insights helps them to both discover but also fix the issues. So here goes.....

Please state the problem in short form, and then maybe elaborate and suggest fixes in whatever form you like. Ill try and edit and collect from the answers and update the thread when i can.

Toulan is a unique experience, its apparent that things could be better, but lets see if we can help out, thers a good strong idea behind the planet, the devs are trying, and most of us knows that MA isnt the easyest dancepartner to have, so dont expect hot fixes, day to day solutions, but try and chime in and keep it constructive.

Ill add stuff myself, but will give space to others to say what they feel first.

Hally

VCAT Co-Mgr
-Not enought content for higher level players.

This is partly being fixed via the new murder zoo (flora and fauna) but honestly we need bigger and badder stuff to kill, especialy the instances are a bit tame, just let us have mean things to square up against, lvl100+ content is in high demand (even if i cant handle it)

-Only L items drop, and only low level

The biggest native mob on Toulan is lvl52 wahesh and khaffash Mohajem, they are quite decent to hunt, but sofar nothing thats any good has dropped, its ok the drops are L, but atleast we need stuff thats relavant above lvl 15.

-Khaffash Mohajem dosnt count as Khaffash

Theyre clearly Khaffash, they have the same loot and drop same hides they should count for the quawa missions.

-CUHOF/Card missions are always bad eco

Even if you get the text that you are in luck, nothing changes, loot is very stale, thers not a single rare drop to date, only regular toulan loot, other planets have rare items that gives globals when they drop, this might purely be on MA, but the amps that seems to only drop here are still bad, very uneco, and horrible desgin, they dont fit on almost all the toulan weapons, due to the overamp rule. This whole area need a redo. Also needs to have the option for much harder missions, not just more low level mobs.

-Hides drop are to low

This has been an issue since loot 2.0 the bps takes so many hides pr try, and the system was clearly designed for them to be dropping a lot more.

-Toulan BP´s

Thers a huge lack of relevant toulan bps, most are old, and poorly designed for loot 2.0, and some seems to not even have a use yet, thers component bps like the malkat that looks like theyre in reality material construction that seems fully irrelevant ? where the plans for these dropped ?

Short list to be expanded upon

Toulan Ores, some are way to heavy, and others refine into stuff thats more heavy

CUHOFS and FNF instances, they still have the tekst about you being in luck, but thers no effect from this message, they tend to give quite a lot less return then we spend, this might be a loot 2.0 thing, also next to no good items to be had ? also they all charge only 1 nawa core, even if text says othervice. the old cuhof missions with keys seems to not work for teams, the new ones cant be entered solo, but you can make a team with only 1 person and enter.

Toulan amps, these are very poor design, none of them fit on any low to mid toulan weapons, they also have very very low ammo use so they are used up in very few shots.

BP drops, some toulan BP´s drop like crazy, and fromcomponent crafting we get almost purely welding wire, which have no toulan native ores in recipe.

unused components, thers quite a few creature parts thats been dropped in the past that never had a use, and some of them still drop, but have no use, there was a 2016 upgrade with tons of stuff added that was never expanded upon and never implemented-

incomplete armor sets, some sets still arent complete

Rocket Launcher, the title screen and other toulan art shows a rocket launcher thats still not released.

Mirsal token trader, do we really need to have 1 hour cooldown pr trade, its quite tedius when you have sabikah ?

Last edited:

WangXiang

Virtually Everywhere
Shop Owner
Platinum Sponsor
The biggest native mob on Toulan is lvl52 wahesh and khaffash Mohajem, they are quite decent to hunt, but sofar nothing thats any good has dropped, its ok the drops are L, but atleast we need stuff thats relavant above lvl 15.
Thawr Divine is L68. It spawns around [133792, 90503]. There is only one but once killed another instantly appears at the same place. So you can have a complete hunt run with Thawr Divine.

But you are right, we need bigger mobs.

WangXiang

Virtually Everywhere
Shop Owner
Platinum Sponsor
Only L items drop, and only low level
For me this is one of the major issues. Items that drop (armor parts, weapons) are very small level, beginner items. Nothing for the mid-level hunter, and less so for higher players.

Kain Dewey Fall

What is that grenadier weapon in the Toulan load screen? >_< :D... I just ask because someone told me that it hasn't dropped yet and that some stuff hasn't been introduced to the loot pool yet.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Not enought content for higher level players.

This is partly being fixed via the new murder zoo (flora and fauna) but honestly we need bigger and badder stuff to kill, especialy the instances are a bit tame, just let us have mean things to square up against, lvl100+ content is in high demand (even if i cant handle it)
I agree and think it is important that there is progression on Toulan and EU in general. Something that I think is important though is that we 'grow' with the content. By this I mean we need more new players and more activity on Toulan. I think it is an important part of a planets role to bring in new players and support the growth of EU. More higher level content for the existing EU player base ultimately doesn't help us if it is just more stuff for existing players.

That being said I am looking at what we have at all levels of game play and I do think some harder challenges are needed :)

-Only L items drop, and only low level

Thanks for the feedback, I think its important that the mobs drop items that are relevant to the player where possible whether that is useful ingredients (for resale or use) or items that are applicable to their level of play.

-Khaffash Mohajem dosnt count as Khaffash

Theyre clearly Khaffash, they have the same loot and drop same hides they should count for the quawa missions.
This seems like an oversight to me and something we can look into

-CUHOF/Card missions are always bad eco

Even if you get the text that you are in luck, nothing changes, loot is very stale, thers not a single rare drop to date, only regular toulan loot, other planets have rare items that gives globals when they drop, this might purely be on MA, but the amps that seems to only drop here are still bad, very uneco, and horrible desgin, they dont fit on almost all the toulan weapons, due to the overamp rule. This whole area need a redo. Also needs to have the option for much harder missions, not just more low level mobs.
Again I think I need to review all of this and there's a lot to investigate, I'll need to do this in stages over time I suspect.

-Hides drop are to low

This has been an issue since loot 2.0 the bps takes so many hides pr try, and the system was clearly designed for them to be dropping a lot more.
I see this has been an ongoing conversation on the forum for quite a while now. One of the things I want to focus on is to bring more use to Toulan Resources, increase activity and start bringing new players in. I think this in itself will have an impact on supply and demand. I would be interested to see how things look with that scenario because it changes quite a lot of variables.

I can't really comment on loot but I will be trying my best in future VUs to bring as much purpose to Loot on Toulan as I can.

-Toulan BP´s

Thers a huge lack of relevant toulan bps, most are old, and poorly designed for loot 2.0, and some seems to not even have a use yet, thers component bps like the malkat that looks like theyre in reality material construction that seems fully irrelevant ? where the plans for these dropped
I noticed the same and think this is an important part of bringing more uses to existing loot and purpose to game play.

While I won't always be able to comment on specifics or even perhaps address all of your concerns please keep giving feedback as I do keep it mind for future content releases.

Thanks
Ant

Hally

VCAT Co-Mgr
Thank you so much for replying, ive refrained a bit from just pooring on with stuff, but ill take some time and write up some more issues, im sure both you and Mohammed knows a lot of whats going on, but also i expect we the players sees things a bit different at times. Also im sure thers tons of stuff in the pipelines, that for varius reasons hasnt been implemented yet.

Oh and Congrats on the new adventure :)

P.S. If the need arise, ill gladly make myself available for questions, a interview, voice chat, or whatever you guys can come up with that i can help with.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Thank you so much for replying, ive refrained a bit from just pooring on with stuff, but ill take some time and write up some more issues, im sure both you and Mohammed knows a lot of whats going on, but also i expect we the players sees things a bit different at times. Also im sure thers tons of stuff in the pipelines, that for varius reasons hasnt been implemented yet.

Oh and Congrats on the new adventure :)

P.S. If the need arise, ill gladly make myself available for questions, a interview, voice chat, or whatever you guys can come up with that i can help with.
Thanks Hally, working with the community is important to us and DME will fully utilize your kind offer I'm sure :)

Littlestar b-k

Not big on the priorety list ,but better spawns would be nice.
-I mean the diverse matureties, having the mature in a spawn with the old alpha etc.. is annoying imo.
-Missing matureties from certain mobs. (yes i know they are availeble in the zoo)
- I second the cuhof eco. There is no way to even come close in breaking even there.
see here http://www.toulanforum.com/forum/showthread.php?1901-CUHOF-1-runs
-Did you ever try hunting caboria, then you know you get stuck on the floor and walls all the time.
-There is alot of glitches in the textures i gues when you travel across Toulan.
-Sometimes mob spawn with the unreacheble active on them and you got to get hit before you can kill them.
-Some smaller big density spawns cause alot of mobs to become unreacheble. (really annoying)
-Some npc keep a quest marker above their head and then gives a quest meet me and when you stop talking the quest is complete. But it keeps doing that every time you talk to the npc.

Last edited:

Spawn

-if you promise a pet will get a special skill (Lateef) then you should keep that promise. And not invent some almost untamable mob that you get a "chance" to tame. The buff should be on the scottish fella, that we held on to for years and levelled up because it would get that buff.

Top Bottom