The wood cutters helper

sherwood

Awesome mission!
I don't even remember last time that I gathered sweat :D For sure was before than 2010

Few errors in the reward description: "3ped shrapnel and 2 mersal tokens"
Actually the reward "1,5ped universal ammo and 2 mirsal tokens"

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Sorry My mistake It'll be fixed in the patch It should be 1.5PED UA and and2 Mirsal tokens :)

Vonny

I would like to add that, as a low-level sweating nooblet it would be nice if you would allow those who do not wish to sweat to buy it from me please. Or I guess they could buy it from any other sweater out there, or maybe they already have 5k in storage (as I currently do but it does not register for the quest)

Alfa

1.5 PED of Universal Ammo is a reward for a mission that requires you to spend about 800 PED on a hunt. Really?

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
Yup. I don't know the peds needed to complete this mission but if you don't like that you get a little extra at the end of your hunt then don't do this mission again. No one will force you to do it.

Alfa

Of course. I stopped when my costs exceeded 400 peds, and my mission progress only reached about 50%. I remembered many quests on other planets with rewards similar to this and a required turnover of about 20-30 PED.

And, of course, I will not be completing this mission and would advise everyone not to even start it.

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
Maybe a 1 time complete mission, i doubt there are many mission that reward 1.5 ped daily for 20-30 ped cycled. That be a horrible deal for MA.

Alfa

Oh, my God, why are you arguing?
You should probably study the game a little bit.

Daily Missions on Next Island:
Daily Papoo Containment (nominal value of the award 2.2 PED)

Monkeying around (nominal value of the award 2.0 PED)

Turnover on these missions is 17-19 PED.

I can give you more examples of similar missions with comparable turnover to reward ratios. But why? I wasn't expecting any responses to my post. At best, I wanted to read comments from Toulan owners. I wasn't expecting people unfamiliar with the game to comment at all.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
A reminder that this forum requires civil and constructive discussion and applies to everyone ... experiences are different for all players and are welcome to post them here, but let's please dispense with rude comments because it doesn't help the discussion.

You not only get the 1.5 PED of Universal Ammo, you also get 2 Mirsal Tokens if I recall correctly, which carry a great value on Toulan. There are other missions that give Mirsal Tokens, including hunting, mining and crafting daily missions, so they add up toward being able to purchase items from the Mirsal Trader.

Your point is well taken Alfa, and of course experiences are personal and afford a player the opportunity to make further choices. By posting your experiences and opinions here, it gives the development team an opportunity to make assessments and then consider any further adjustments if it's something that would be beneficial.

However, I think it's only fair that feedback be given with an opportunity for development evaluation before telling everyone not to do the mission. We openly welcome feedback so that we can consider options, and as most in our community will tell you, we pay close attention to community feedback and have done quite a bit to make adjustments over the past 6 years as a team.

Thank you for sharing your experience with this mission, and while feedback is welcome, the development team doesn't always respond to these kinds of posts without first evaluating options.

Alfa

Thank you for your response. Of course, two tokens is a big difference. :)

You wanted to hear suggestions? Okay. I propose that we bring the awards up to the standards generally accepted in this game. You can add a number of skills to the reward.

In our game, it is customary to reward by giving skills. However, Next Island has moved away from tradition and taken a step in the right direction, in my opinion, in an attempt to attract paying players.
Here are examples:

Robot Menace Daily - the turnover required for this mission is about 700 PEDs.
Mission rewards to choose from:
  1. 34 ped Universal ammo + 4.50ped Daudarmour Skin + 0.90ped Chimera Skin (39.40 TT)
  2. 34 ped Universal ammo + 0.50ped Tanzanite Crystal + 1ped Phenacite Crystal + 1.50ped Sodalite Crystal + 2.50ped Papoo Tooth (39.50 TT)
  3. Analisys
I would like to point out that many of the materials offered have a markup comparable to the Mirsal Token markup.

Daily Screecher Containment - the turnover required for this mission is about 300 PEDs.
Mission rewards: 760 Oil (15.20 PED)

These missions are not the only Next Island missions comparable in required turnover to the discussed Toulan mission.

Whatever decision you make, these days it's embarrassing, it seems to me, to give such "rewards". By the way, look at the CUHOFF dailies, where the rewards (skills) are a thousandth(!!!) of PED.

Regards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom