DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
The following message is from Queen Nara:

Dear Toulan Citizens and Guests,

I am sorry to have to report that the July Toulan Monthly Event has been cancelled for the weekend of July 29th - 31st. I will be taking the Royal Family on Holiday for a much needed respite. Together, we have worked tirelessly to keep Toulan protected from invaders and dark evil forces, so I am looking to you to continue in my stead to make sure that Toulan's citizens and guests are still protected in my absence.

I thank you and deeply appreciate your loyalty and dedication to Toulan's evolutionary importance and what's to come.

Best Regards
👑 Queen Nara

-JJ-

-_- really?? .. just days before a (scheduled) event it gets (canceled)
i was looking forward to this event as i only had 1 more to complete my citizenship. lol

ok i get people work hard and need a holiday, but i would have thought it could have been taken before or after a scheduled event or schedule the event for another time, not cancel just days before its due to start . this looks unprofessional and feels like treating those that participate in events and look forward to them like crap .. and im sure it cant be good for pr, especially when trying to encourage players to participate in events lol

i dunno perhaps the queen is testing her subjects loyalty to see who sticks around while shes goes off on holidays .. some of us may be patient, loyal and understanding , but perhaps others... not so much . perhaps the queen might find her army a bit smaller in future events if this is going to be a common trend lol

for the record im not angry just feel a bit disappointed and just saying what others are probably thinking and just dont want to say lol

on another note a holiday somewhere nice n cool in the shade with a nice cool refreshing drink sounds good ..... yo .. queenie.. wait up
**grabs a cart full of drinks and fruits lol

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
JJ ... the event wasn't due to take place until the July 29th to 31st weekend, not this weekend.

While I can understand the disappointment, I think it's only fair to consider that our team doesn't do development full-time, and have other investments in real life, along with other work, so there were other variables at play here too, along with having children on summer vacation, so decisions had to be made accordingly.

Some decisions aren't going to be to everyone's liking, but I think you were unfairly critical of the team. The development part of the team works very long hours given they have other real life work and family responsibilities. They did their best to work around events because we also have a mid-month Monria event and wanted to be the least disruptive as possible.

This is the first time this has happened, so it's also unfair to say that the Queen might find herself with a smaller army if this becomes a common trend.

The Toulan monthly event will resume at its scheduled time and date the end of August just before the next VU.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
-_- really?? .. just days before a (scheduled) event it gets (canceled)
i was looking forward to this event as i only had 1 more to complete my citizenship. lol

ok i get people work hard and need a holiday, but i would have thought it could have been taken before or after a scheduled event or schedule the event for another time, not cancel just days before its due to start . this looks unprofessional and feels like treating those that participate in events and look forward to them like crap .. and im sure it cant be good for pr, especially when trying to encourage players to participate in events lol

i dunno perhaps the queen is testing her subjects loyalty to see who sticks around while shes goes off on holidays .. some of us may be patient, loyal and understanding , but perhaps others... not so much . perhaps the queen might find her army a bit smaller in future events if this is going to be a common trend lol

for the record im not angry just feel a bit disappointed and just saying what others are probably thinking and just dont want to say lol

on another note a holiday somewhere nice n cool in the shade with a nice cool refreshing drink sounds good ..... yo .. queenie.. wait up
**grabs a cart full of drinks and fruits lol

Apologies JJ this is entirely on myself and Kendra. It's been a few years since we had a family holiday with the pandemic and work commitments etc. The kids are also at an age where I'm not sure how long they'll actually want to go on holiday with us! I was trying to get the timing to work but with the holiday covering 3 weekends and the nature of the event it needs a bit more hands on work over the weekend and some monitoring etc.

DM had already suggested that we run an extra event at some point to make up for it which I'm considering, I just don't know if we can slot it in yet with everything else going on.

As to the loyalty of the subjects in the Queens absence, I'm sure that won't be an issue because we all know that treason is punishable by death on Toulan......

-JJ-

apologies if what i said was taken as overcritical and perhaps even a bit unfair . i guess reading back what i said did seem a bit more harsh than i intended lol

but i totally get it it is just a game after all and we have all had very trying times within just 2 yrs like pandemic, war, economy problems and effects of climate change . i myself am not long home after being evacuated from forest fire thinking my family and i could lose everything even our home .. so yeh i get we need to take time and spend it with our loved ones while we can and get as much deserved enjoyment from it as possible :)

however tho as we know there are some that take entropia way to seriously and might be like f this and f that and f ur stupid planet and might never come back again in some sort of weird hissy fit or maybe even rage quit the game or whatever for a while lol .... me?.. taking things seriously? nah.. those that met JJ in game know shes a bit strange and she makes her own fun and adapts . i only take things seriously when i have to id rather have fun lol

9 days tho might seem short or long to some people that had been planning since the last event and preparing etc so would feel a bit disappointed/frustrated etc, what i said in 1st post was more or less expressing that as well as feedback but i also noticed i failed to ask obvious questions that most of us still doing the citizen mission would want to know .. will the event mobs still spawn and will progress still count on missions?

anyways enjoy much deserved holidays .. send us postcards etc so we can put in our apartments lol :)

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
apologies if what i said was taken as overcritical and perhaps even a bit unfair . i guess reading back what i said did seem a bit more harsh than i intended lol

but i totally get it it is just a game after all and we have all had very trying times within just 2 yrs like pandemic, war, economy problems and effects of climate change . i myself am not long home after being evacuated from forest fire thinking my family and i could lose everything even our home .. so yeh i get we need to take time and spend it with our loved ones while we can and get as much deserved enjoyment from it as possible :)

however tho as we know there are some that take entropia way to seriously and might be like f this and f that and f ur stupid planet and might never come back again in some sort of weird hissy fit or maybe even rage quit the game or whatever for a while lol .... me?.. taking things seriously? nah.. those that met JJ in game know shes a bit strange and she makes her own fun and adapts . i only take things seriously when i have to id rather have fun lol

9 days tho might seem short or long to some people that had been planning since the last event and preparing etc so would feel a bit disappointed/frustrated etc, what i said in 1st post was more or less expressing that as well as feedback but i also noticed i failed to ask obvious questions that most of us still doing the citizen mission would want to know .. will the event mobs still spawn and will progress still count on missions?

anyways enjoy much deserved holidays .. send us postcards etc so we can put in our apartments lol :)

Hey JJ, don't worry I didn't take it personally I think it was fair feedback!

I'm afraid they won't spawn and it won't be possible for me to get them to while I'm away. Sorry to hear about the forest fire, I hope everything is ok there.

We'll think of something when we return but for the next two weeks I will be pretending that EU doesn't exist :D

Perhaps if I'm bored I might post a guess where we are photo...(after we're not in that precise location just in case I get jumped by some citizen aspirants!)

-JJ-

**Gasp...how dare u say such things about entropia.. entropia is the only game 1 should ever play.. or face .... severe punishment .. perhaps even some shunning .. or so im told lol

orrr could always give me the power to spawn mobs tho might be good idea to tell me how many and where or perhaps the invasion forces might be a little too much lol

** JJ also being a necromancer mutters an incantation on the grounds of fallen jeef.. the ground trembles like a earth quake ... uh oh maybe too much ? ** throws a tiny bottle of blessed holy water on the ground a tiny bit of steam appears as it evaporates touching the ground .. the rumbling stops... for now ... phew hope it holds lol

Top Bottom