You Think I Make This Stuff Up?

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
The bird is a booze hound. He will actively go after any alcohol he sees. If you leave a drink on a table or something, it will have a feathered visit, if you are holding a drink he will be all nice and cuddly to you, as he inches his way down your arm to try to stick his snoot into your drink. You have to watch him like a hawk so he does NOT get into your booze stash. It wouldn't really be good for him.

Anyways, I am probably partly to blame for this. I have trained him to open my beer bottles for me. Cockatoo's have like a double beak on the bottom and the hook on top, it's a perfect bottle opener. I had to use those aluminum bottles during training so he didn't crunch down on glass or anything bad, after he got the knack of it down, we moved to glass bottles. I hold the bottle up and say; "Paco, get daddy's beer!", he will climb down get his beak on the cap and PsssTT open it right up with little effort. For his reward I will give him a snack to chew or what he loves is chewing on the caps he hefted off the bottle.

Well today he was chewing on a cap he found on the floor, I said NO, and took it away from him and threw it into the trash, then come back to the game to try to catch on the forum etc etc. Not 5 minutes later I hear the garbage can crashing over and he comes running from around the corner and up to the top of his cage with the very same beer cap in his mouth.

No you CAN'T make this stuff up.
My Bottle Opener.jpg

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
He's a brat alright but I love him anyways.
When I tell my sister some of the stuff he does, like the day I yelled at him and he stood on my shoe called my name, I look over and he's got a shoelace in his mouth he bites it off, then climbs into his cage, she is like, oh shit, that bird is YOU!! Upon thinking on that for a few seconds.... I had to agree.

It is really a belly laugh when he starts dancing to music, he will flap his wings, swing his head in a figure 8 motion dance across his perch, skwaking, bobbing his head up and down. Especially if you have been drinking or .. stuff.. and are already clowning around.

I have an old youtube I loaded a few years ago of him dancing to the song the chicken dance...
Yes I know, there is a special place in hell reserved for me, making a bird dance to that..

Funny thing is, as much as an attention whore as he is, when you actually stop to WATCH him, he stops. You have to kind of but not pay attention to him if you want him to dance. I put a camera up and left the room for this one.

da slug

Top Bottom