Hello, OMGsoNEW

OMGsoHot

Hey everyone, I'm new. And well I had a difficult experience, I've been asked to share it so here goes. You might want to move this post to a more appropriate thread, I was not sure where you guys wanted it posted.

I am brand spanking new to the game, was introduced to it watching some streams on Twitch.tv and thought I'd give it a go. So I clicked a link, signed up, created my character, and was sent to Toulan. I presume this was due to the link I used to sign up. But anyway, here I am, standing at an info booth.

I read through all the information, learned I can abandon the mission and go back and start it again. So.. YAY! for learning. Then I ran around clicking on everything I could find, every NPC, every terminal to explore and learn what's what. In my inventory I found a sweating tool, a jumpsuit, and a PED card. Nothing more.

I was able to get a few missions, and complete some on my first day. I'll list them all. And then there were some I could not complete. Like, killing any creatures, since I did not have a weapon nor ammo. And frankly, before I decide I will deposit in the game I wanted to make sure I would at very least like it. And without the help of two great people, Hally, and Morrath who is now my mentor, (YAY!) who graciously offered me weapons and ammo, which I wholeheartedly will repay. But without them, I'd have QUIT the game for sure. 100% My experience was one of confusion, loss, and utter despair. I called out for help and asked questions in chat and in return I got silence, no one to respond, I was alone on a strange world with nothing to do but sweat, die and explore. And I died a lot.

Sure, I had some fun exploring the planet, it is beautiful, for sure. Some of the creatures are cute, some, not so much. But it's confusing, no structured story or lore, it's kind of all over the place, most of which came from the information booth. The NawaCore, that every new Toulanian is supposed to be "born" with, was no where to be found in my inventory. Every NPC I could talk to, wanted me to go kill 100 of these, or 50 of those, or go fix some water pipes cause the pressure was too high. Sure I could sweat, and in about the first 4 hours I had 25 bottles of sweat and died a hundred times and had to, every time, wait till I was healed up enough to run back without dying before getting to the little Tabtabs.

It was not until Hally and Morrath came to my aid the second day I logged in and asked in chat for some assistance (after learning about the /help command and that I could find and join channels, which I think should be in the information NPC's dialog, just saying). They were SUPER helpful and friendly. Made my day. Thank you both so very much, you're God's in my eyes. In any case, that's my 2 day experience so far. I'll list below what I have been able to do, before, then after Haly and Morrath came to my aid.

Missions I was able to collect and complete:
===========================
Citadel Spaceport.
Drop the pressure
Find the teleporter
Meet Rabee
Meet Sarhan the ecologist
Nawacore information
Welcome to the Nawa Reactor
Quwa Challenge - Duhol (I don't remember doing this one)

Missions I was able to complete AFTER Hally and Morrath's help:
=========================================
Earn a Nawacore
and Tabtab daily kill 200

After completing the Nawacore mission, the mission terminal became useable. So I can do missions from there. I have not progressed past this point, so I have no idea what's next except the missions I currently was able to pick up....

Missions I have that have NOT been completed:
===============================
Buy a Nawacore MK1 (why I have this, I don't know)
Cold Cuts Research
Hunt 200 TabTab (daily) tho I think I can turn this one in
Hunt 30 Caboria (daily)
Hunt 40 Mokhat (daily)
Quwa Challenge - Duhol Stage 1
Quwa Mining Qaz Work stage 1
Quwa Mining Yashib Stone stage 1
Wuwa Mining Youd stage 1

That's it. And that ends this post as promised. I hope it helps, because in all honesty, I was ready to give up and quit on the game if this is how new players are greeted in Entropia Universe. Thanks to Hally and Morrath, I'm going to continue to explore, but I REALLY hope it gets better.

Peace, and be safe out there.

OMGsoHOT (I know.. I know, the vanity of it all, but it was meant to be funny, the avatars are not that attractive.)

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thank you for sharing your experience, albeit not a pleasant one.

Here is some information that maybe hasn't been shared with you as yet, and may shed some light on a few things.
  • Toulan was added to our Virtualsense family on Aug 19th​
  • we inherited the planet as it was, and there were several things that needed attention, including the new player experience​
  • we rushed to get some bugs and other things fixed prior to the Sep 1st VU (Version Update)​
  • --- the new player beginner missions was one of them because they didn't work before​
  • --- as of the Sep 1st release, the beginner missions were working because they were tested​
  • there have been a few maintenance sessions and patches since then, so something must have happened​
  • your experience was the first time we heard of them not working anymore​
  • when I learned of this, I immediately sent a message to Ant (Toulan's developer)​
  • this is the weekend, and Ant and his family had family things to tend to, so he hasn't been available​
  • --- however, this is something that is now being worked on to see what happened​
  • --- so hopefully it will be fixed as soon as possible​
  • please know that some things can't be fixed mid-stream​
  • --- which means that the fixes may not be implemented until the next VU which is Dec 1st​
  • --- unless something can be done sooner, but I won't know until I hear back from Ant​
Anyone in this community can tell you that when we learn of something that isn't working properly, we definitely take note and work on getting it fixed. With Monria, which was our first virtual location for nearly 5 yrs now (Nov 26th), anytime anything went wrong, we were on it, but with Monria as it is now, we have to work with MindArk's team. However, now that we are a Planet Partner, which is a whole new ballgame, and have more control over our development, we'll be able to facilitate a lot more, and we will be expanding Monria.

In the meantime, I can share that we are working on a Toulan Born Program that will expand both the experience and the benefits like we have for our Monrian Born. With development, we have to implement it when MindArk has the VUs, which are 4 times a year. We never throw content into the game just to have content, everything has a purpose, and the new Toulan Born Program has a purpose. If we could implement sooner, we would. For now, we are checking on why all of a sudden the Toulan beginner missions aren't working.

Hally and Morrath are awesome community members, as are so many others, and one thing to keep in mind about the chat channels, they could be quiet during certain times of day due to time zones, and not so active. You must have caught it on an off time your first day, because the Toulan chat channel has picked up in activity quite a bit over the last 6 weeks or so.

Hopefully we can get the beginner missions fixed again soon so that they are working properly.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Hey @OMGsoHot

Welcome to Toulan and Entropia Universe!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as it really helps me to improve the new player experience on Toulan. We have been working on this but I can tell by what you have described that you've uncovered an issue that I need to investigate as there are a series of New Player missions for a Toulan Born player that didn't 'trigger' for you. Luckily you've met a couple of great people in Hally and Morrath.

I will need to investigate further to figure out what the issue is and will revert when I know more!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ant

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Hey @OMGsoHot

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as it really helps me to improve the new player experience on Toulan. We have been working on this but I can tell by what you have described that you've uncovered an issue that I need to investigate as there are a series of New Player missions for a Toulan Born player that didn't 'trigger' for you. Luckily you've met a couple of great people in Hally and Morrath.

I will need to investigate further to figure out what the issue is and will revert when I know more!

Ant

Glad to help, where we can, when things setttle ill give an effort to the whole new player experience

OMGsoHot

Thank you for sharing your experience, albeit not a pleasant one.

Here is some information that maybe hasn't been shared with you as yet, and may shed some light on a few things.
  • Toulan was added to our Virtualsense family on Aug 19th​
  • we inherited the planet as it was, and there were several things that needed attention, including the new player experience​
  • we rushed to get some bugs and other things fixed prior to the Sep 1st VU (Version Update)​
  • --- the new player beginner missions was one of them because they didn't work before​
  • --- as of the Sep 1st release, the beginner missions were working because they were tested​
  • there have been a few maintenance sessions and patches since then, so something must have happened​
  • your experience was the first time we heard of them not working anymore​
  • when I learned of this, I immediately sent a message to Ant (Toulan's developer)​
  • this is the weekend, and Ant and his family had family things to tend to, so he hasn't been available​
  • --- however, this is something that is now being worked on to see what happened​
  • --- so hopefully it will be fixed as soon as possible​
  • please know that some things can't be fixed mid-stream​
  • --- which means that the fixes may not be implemented until the next VU which is Dec 1st​
  • --- unless something can be done sooner, but I won't know until I hear back from Ant​
Anyone in this community can tell you that when we learn of something that isn't working properly, we definitely take note and work on getting it fixed. With Monria, which was our first virtual location for nearly 5 yrs now (Nov 26th), anytime anything went wrong, we were on it, but with Monria as it is now, we have to work with MindArk's team. However, now that we are a Planet Partner, which is a whole new ballgame, and have more control over our development, we'll be able to facilitate a lot more, and we will be expanding Monria.

In the meantime, I can share that we are working on a Toulan Born Program that will expand both the experience and the benefits like we have for our Monrian Born. With development, we have to implement it when MindArk has the VUs, which are 4 times a year. We never throw content into the game just to have content, everything has a purpose, and the new Toulan Born Program has a purpose. If we could implement sooner, we would. For now, we are checking on why all of a sudden the Toulan beginner missions aren't working.

Hally and Morrath are awesome community members, as are so many others, and one thing to keep in mind about the chat channels, they could be quiet during certain times of day due to time zones, and not so active. You must have caught it on an off time your first day, because the Toulan chat channel has picked up in activity quite a bit over the last 6 weeks or so.

Hopefully we can get the beginner missions fixed again soon so that they are working properly.

Hey @DarkMoonEnigma ,

Thanks for the reply. I understand, having inherited someone else's issues can be challenging. And I am happy that my post has brought to light an issue you were not fully aware of, even if you knew it needed attention. I was afraid it was a tad on the ranty side. But as I was asked, my post was meant to be informative of exactly the experience I had on day one and two. And you're so very right, Halley and Morrath have been exemplary examples of a support team. I'm honored to be Morrath's disciple. "I'm not worthy...." hahaha, I found that emote in game. love it.

So, December 1st, is when I might be able to complete these starter missions or, will they never be available to me? Now that I've probably progressed passed them? What ever the case, I will drudge along, it's more than a grind without some of the tools needed to complete most of the quests I was able to get, And after yesterdays chat in game I realize now that perhaps the planet was made inline with MA's "Deposit often" monetization of the game. As is, I can't see how a new play can survive without it. That's unfortunate. As with me, the plan was to give the game a solid try, and then decide if I want to continue, before making the commitment in a starter pack or ped investment, and I'm pretty confident that's how may new players start out. My experience for sure, would most certainly result in a lot of quitters. So I'll trust in that you've got this. I will hold you accountable, Hey, for all you know, I could be a secret, undercover, game reporter looking for the next great scoop? One never knows lol.. ok I'm kidding but hey, it could happen, right?

Best wishes and good luck with the new planet and the fun it will bring, and hey.. if you need a story teller? I've got skills.

OMG.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Hey @DarkMoonEnigma ,

Thanks for the reply. I understand, having inherited someone else's issues can be challenging. And I am happy that my post has brought to light an issue you were not fully aware of, even if you knew it needed attention. I was afraid it was a tad on the ranty side. But as I was asked, my post was meant to be informative of exactly the experience I had on day one and two. And you're so very right, Halley and Morrath have been exemplary examples of a support team. I'm honored to be Morrath's disciple. "I'm not worthy...." hahaha, I found that emote in game. love it.

So, December 1st, is when I might be able to complete these starter missions or, will they never be available to me? Now that I've probably progressed passed them? What ever the case, I will drudge along, it's more than a grind without some of the tools needed to complete most of the quests I was able to get, And after yesterdays chat in game I realize now that perhaps the planet was made inline with MA's "Deposit often" monetization of the game. As is, I can't see how a new play can survive without it. That's unfortunate. As with me, the plan was to give the game a solid try, and then decide if I want to continue, before making the commitment in a starter pack or ped investment, and I'm pretty confident that's how may new players start out. My experience for sure, would most certainly result in a lot of quitters. So I'll trust in that you've got this. I will hold you accountable, Hey, for all you know, I could be a secret, undercover, game reporter looking for the next great scoop? One never knows lol.. ok I'm kidding but hey, it could happen, right?

Best wishes and good luck with the new planet and the fun it will bring, and hey.. if you need a story teller? I've got skills.

OMG.

Hey OMG,

This is probably more my area as I'm responsible for the game development. I'll need to look into the underlying issue but worse case I'll get a fix in the next Version Update, its important to me that new players get the best possible experience :)

I'll update on the forum when I know more!

Ant

OMGsoHot

Hey @OMGsoHot

Ant
Hello Ant,

Thank you for your response, I awoke before the kids to get some time in while they're still asleep, sadly the servers are down. So I thought I'd check in with the forums.

I'm glad you're taking it serious, the team seems to be on top of things and that's fantastic, I hope this December will fix, at very least the trigger for new Toulanians to start there journey the right way. If I had to suffer a little to bring an important issue to light, so be it. It will have been well worth it if others do not have to suffer the frustrations I had to. And yes, I am quite blessed to have met to fantastic people in Halley and Horrath.

Cheers,

OMG

OMGsoHot

Glad to help, where we can, when things setttle ill give an effort to the whole new player experience
Hey Halley,

But you've already put in a great effort, thank you so very much. You're awesome. You're disciples will be blessed.

OMG

Top Bottom