Stack sizes

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
I am getting asked now and again about smaller stck sizes of craftables in the shop, specially Oil, or aqeeq etc and so far I have been putting stacks that allow me to price at just below MU.
The problem with some things is the MU is low and the minimum price the shop allows is +1ped +2.5% tax
So something like Animal oils which are usually 101% or less I can only put in stacks of 100+ ped which is why I haven't really bothered with them
Some of the stacks are a bit random like Lyst which sells faster than I can find it. I think if I got a Lyst tower of 10k it would sell in the shop in a couple of weeks.
I usually end up dropping whatever I have left in a stack so it's started to be 35 or 60 or 28 ped stacks or whatever lol
I've tried putting a selection of lyst stacks but then one crafter will come along and scoop the lot! (yay thank you)

So the point of this is that yes I can put small stacks of popular items in the shop but the price wil be higher than MU possibly. Which to my mind is squeezing lower level players for ped because they have smaller budgets and I don't like that idea.

I'd just like to start a discussion about what people want to see in regards stack sizes and MU and what are people crafting for the 1000 clicks?
Higher MU for smaller amounts?
or Bigger amounts for below MU?

Let the economy discussion begin...

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
I personally wouldn’t expect marked price on anything under 100ped stacks, but I guess it’s about markup and whether or not people understand the tax and pricing

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
On a more serious note, when i had a shop on Ark, i had the exact same problem.
And it is indeed a nuisance.

And since i hate trading, braining, and looking at market stuffs, i just basically put whatever MU i see fit, and in case of 101% oils, just put smaller stack at whatever minimum the game allowed, like 103/105% or whatever.

If someone dont want a wider TT ped tied, they will pay the extra 0.30pedMU.
Same works on auction, smaller stacks sells faster, at like 130%.

Which i didnt really like doing, but owning a shop is a complicated task, if done seriously, and sometime, you just have to leave your Heart aside and shrug it off.

And last, due to the scarced and unique value of Toulan stuffs, i dont think youll have a real problem selling slightly higher.
You kind of have the exclusivity on a lot of items, for now, so just go for it :)

Now now, have you got any lyst? Asking for a friend.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Of course this thread probably means I will move everything around the shop again sorry DME more work for you lol

No worries Heidi, you do a great job at keeping your shop stocked and sorted according to needs, and that's a good thing. :thumbsup

Top Bottom