Toulan's History summuary

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Every planet has its history, its theme.
We know Toulan is arabic/sci-fi themed, but do you manage to understand what are you really doing here?
I want to gather everything we know by today about Toulan's history in here.

I digged a bit here and theres and here is what we know:

There is actually three races on Toulan
:
narians.jpg

-Narian = manipulate nawa Cosmic creatures with the capability of travelling between dimensions, Narians have the same need for personal gain as the Insians. Unlike their rival race, Narians are able to naturally use the planet’s Nawa, manipulating the energy to build awe-inspiring creations.

-Insians = fought to make toulan their This tribal race has no special abilities and mirrors human qualities, such as love, greed, vengeance, friendship, etc. Enslaved by the Narians (see below) shortly after the magical creatures’ arrival in Toulan, the Insians came together to battle and eventually overthrow the tyrant. Deception within their communities, though, lead to the breakdown of the Toulanian civilisation, turning the once powerful Insians into scattered tribes.

-Safians = half breed between Insians and Narians, perfect being, only a dozen of them
The planet’s celestial beings number no more than a dozen, and call Toulan’s moon Elara – where Insians start their journey – their home. They are emotionally detached, and take part in social and economical matters only when they are a threat to the natural balance of Toulan.

The Astrolab
is a focus point of nawa magic, used to strengthen the Narians to become stronger and more numerous.

The Book of Law is a text that bind all the planet sovereigns together

The Nawa (Center in arabic) is a magical ressource and needs to be "balanced" (instable/out of control if not?) ~ Defined as "Lifeforce of the Planet"
Nawa: Toulan’s life energy and the fuel for its mystical force.

Burj al-Hawa (Wind Tower): One of the Nawa-infused dark towers to be found throughout Toulan, were one of the ancient Mages is still locked-up by the Safians

Bab al-Thalam: “The Door of Darkness”, which keeps the Narians out of Toulan an in another dimension.

The Mages:
Mages.jpg

Souce: Beladcom storyline.
The Three Mages are ancient and respected viziers, and the origin of the insurrection that led to the Apocolyptic War.
These men of magic served the great King Qumran and his descendent Sinmar, but always with the intention of furthering their own control on Nawa. After the war, once the reconstruction of the planet had begun, each of the Mages was locked up in one of the Abraj, or Towers.
These warlocks cannot be destroyed, only chained to their prison – part of the reason behind the intense Nawa cultivation and training.

NOTE: There is only Burj Al-Hawa Tower (Wind Tower) known as today. Why Wind? Classical elements, tied to Persian, egyptian, and other arabic countries, wind, water, earth and fire. Fifth element being the Void ( :D )

Fotothek_df_tg_0006472_Theosophie_^_Philosophie_^_Sonifikation_^_Musik.jpg

Citadelle is located near the Dam, water plant of Toulan. Its ruins shows ancient decays, old structures and architecture, could have been a Tower.
Only Other notable structure is the Temple, located on Lava Evil grounds, Fire.
So One Mage could be locked in Al-Burja, another in Citadelle, and another in the Temple.

Why the Temple is on lava Evil grounds?? Because Nawa is the essence of the panet, and The temple/Mages were manipulating just that. You can appreciate the "todays" geography, from the Pit (filled with Evil khaffash) to the Temple, with Evil rocks coming out of the ground, dead trees everywhere, death and Evil demons all around (Khaffash + hybrid insian/animal Thawr).

Also the top of Jelly zone has the same Spiky Evil rocks, but tying that Toulan is round, and not a flat planet, theses rocks are in fact close to the Temple.
Also the mystical legend of the Wahesh, Nawa infused demonic monster, is located at the base of Al-Burja Tower.

This was all the doing of the Mages, during their betrayal for control of Nawa, triggering the apocalyptic war 600 years ago.

Entropia 2021-02-15 14.35.58.png

Also, Access to the Cards instances require a incantation to enter successfully, in Al-Burja Tower undergrounds.

Please Note that the three cards represent respectively the Temple, the Citadelle, and Burj-Al-Hawa Tower, throught ancient names of Shamdaar, Qaydar and Baydar; so i think im right :)
cards.png

The Citadelle actually looks much bulkier and tower-like on the card, than as we know it today; either buried or partially destroyed. The temple intact on the card, looks massive, and like a tower too.
Though there is no LORE tied on the cards description. Pleeeeeeeeease :)
Could this names be the names of the Mages themselves? Yummy!

The Ancient Map of Toulan:
toulan comic.jpg

I will try to quickly describe the history of Toulan in three different Ages:
-The Age of Qumran
-The Age of Sinmar
-Today

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE AGE OF QUMRAN
qumran.jpg

One's consulted the Oracle who explained him that the Book of Law would bring all Toulan's tribes together.

Aswell as the following...
Narians and Insians were fighting each other to control Nawa.
During this time, there were love and marriages which led to a new breed known as Safians, the perfect beings.
cCounted as a dozen only, they took their Safian Lotus and migrated on Toulan's Moon to make it their home, while the fighting would neverend.

Then came Sultan Qumran, who brought together the tribes with the help of the Three Mages, bound to him, but who would use their power for their own selfish purpose.
The Mages planned to weaken the Sultan and his Insians people to become supreme leaders.
As Qumran was getting weaker and bedridden, the Mages were growing stronger, and fighting, disease and chaos would rise again.The Mages then used the Astrolab to strengthen the Narians, to make them stronger and more numerous.

As Toulan was a phase to collapse, the Oracle count that she brought the Book of Law to Sultan Qumran.
They both cut their wrist and ran their blood on the paper of the book, to bring the Sultan and his people to the agreement; which instantly returned the balane of Nawa.

The laws that the Mages set were put right again.
Narians were sealed in a veil, far off Toulan, and the Sultan died before seeing the power held by the book.

The death of the Sultan brought the death of his Sutanate, bringing confusion amongst Insians.

The Book stayed with the Oracle in a Cave, waiting for a powerful leader to rise again, to rule the Planet.

source Toulan's Tale tome I

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE AGE OF SINMAR
sinmar.jpg

The Oracle says that generations passed since Qumran death.

Sinmar, descendant of Sultan Qumran was well aware of the power of the Book of law, and its secrets.
He was determined to bring Toulan back tou Qumran's Age of glory.
When the time has come, she passed the Book to Sinmar.
The Prince the became bound to the Book, his people, and the balance of Nawa.

The fight to track the Mages was about to start, in order to bring back the Narians, and to restore the Astrolab - Then restore Toulan's grandeur.

The group headed to Al-Nahar mountains, where people were gifted powerful healing power.
Prince Sinmar was healed by the Princess Dia Al-Nahar the most gifted healer - They fell in Love and married.

When Sinmar carried on seeking the Mages, Pricess Dia was at his side.

After a treacherous travel, the Mages were finally found.
Sinmar promised them to become his Viziers.
They quickly restored the Astrolab and called upon seven powerful Narian leaders, and summoned their spirit race to return.

After much talks Narians found a way to restore Nawa balance at a condition: to take the Narian Princess Badr Al-Duja as a wife.

Agreement made, Mages as Viziers, Narians at his side, Sinmar was crowned Sinmar Bani Al-Zaman.
He settled at Sabad City, and found himself father of two daughters:
-The Insian Nerouz
-The Safian Nara

Toulan became magnificent and prosperous again, and it would be a very longtime before a greedy Nawa war starts again.
Source Toulan's Tale Tome II

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Eagle Head war :

Entropia 2021-09-05 17.06.29.png

The Eagle Head war is the one that ultimately led to the apocalyspe, 600 years ago.
It is described to have had fierce defenders of Al-Nahar City, who held and prevented the invaders to enter the City.

nawa war.png

Those 14 Heroes were then honored both on a Sacred Tablet, and by building enormeous statues to their effigy, on the very road that leads to the City.

Tablet.png
The names of the 14 defenders are forever preserved on this Sacred Tablet, safe, in the mountains.

Their effigies will always look upon anyone entering, or, trying to intrude within the City.

Entropia 2021-09-05 17.09.16.png

Here are their names, and what SpeedTrap and the others could pull out of it.

Taraf : Edge
Jaraf: Sweeper "Jaraaf"
Maraf: Knowledge or Known if "Ma'raf"
Bandar: N/A
Kandar: N/A
Herjis: a type of Monkey "Higris" in arabic but "Higris" in English I believe
Jana: if "Jana" with (Alif maksoor) would be Criminal | Jana/Janar is also a popular name | "Jana'h" Would be heaven.
Jawa: Aerial ? (doesnt make sense) or "By Air"
Aous: N/A
Aoun: Eyes if pronounced "Ayoon"
Mora: Probably a name, Female for Moran
Atlas: Atlas
Maymoon: a popular arabic name for a woman
Balsam: Google defines a Balsam:

As you can see, there were the best, handpicked, from any background / gender.
This means that the threat was at the City's doors, during this war, which is a war that happened during an Age of peace, and when Narians, Insians and Jeefs were coexisting all together.

This war has been triggered by the Mages, when their greed grown too much, and they decided to make a move behind Sinmar's back, to access the Astrolab, and attempt to reactivate it.

Though we doubt very much that this occured, since there has been no Narian invasion.

So, in the end, the Eagle Head war is very unspoken of, but is the closest to our present, and the one that went the furthest, in destruction, since it led to an apocalyspse, and fallouts that were still present until recently.

TODAY

We know, as Farah said in the storytelling, that "Sinmar assassination led to the nawa war", to quote.
So we Know Sinmar is dead, AND has been assassinated ~ Offensive Act.

We also know by Beladcom that our journey on Toulan takes place, i quote again:
"600 years after an apocalyptic war, Toulan is a vast world of impossible dangers and wondrous beauty, rife with history, legend and opportunity. As part of the new batch of mortal Insians colonising the planet, you are here to rebuild the nation to its past magnificence."

So 600 years ago started an apocalyptic war.
We now are in Toulan's wasteland with al lthe damages and deseases the war has brought.

So we avatars are clearly Insians on Toulan.
All the human-like personas on Toulan would be Insians.

Creatures:
population.jpg

BAHRI

Bahri is a vicious hunter. Known to be highly intelligent, with multiple brains that focus collectively on his prey. To be avoided at all costs.

Bahri means "Nautic"
It looks like a humanoide crab, but it took me over 6 months and the end of the Quwa challenge satge IV to notice the human head in pain on their shoulder.
It clearly seem to be a mutated human. Its neon colour at its feet shows that the infection is possibly contracted by walking in an infected area.
Its long tongue attack does an electric sound, just like caboria, which presume a clear mix between a marine creature and a human.
They are extremly aggressive (irradiated ancient warriors?)

Mazir/Bahri
Mazir looks very much like a Bahri. Crabby, and nautic (nautic meaning of Bahri).
Bahri also bear a head in pain on its shoulder, and we know that Mazir as been Summoned (not created) to attack us Insians.
The Nature of the Bahri we know today could just be the fruit of Mazir's breeding, through attacking and turning insians into bahris. Later getting irradiated, giving them this glow.
This is an act going against the Safians, since they locked the Mage in the Tower.
Suspecting the summoning was to support the Narians, or satisfy control of Nawa.

MOHKAT

An Insian-at heart with gelatinous body; the clear, amniotic aspect of his skin allows him to retain Nawa energy longer, which is how he survives the region's harsh environments. The Mokhat can be dangerous when it feels threatened, and emits Nawa glows from its viscus.

Mohkay means mucus. We can see on the release artwork that they were meant to be called "jelly men" according the the Jelly zone, their home.
Jelly zone being a clear infected area with its own natural floral system, weird plants, flying auras and more.
I could guess that this creatures are an extremly strongly exposed human, irradiated at a point that its flesh turned all jelly and its body just absorbed and retianed the infection, just like a sponge.
they seem to only survive in jelly zone, as they have never been spotted anywhere else.
They are not aggressive at all, i would then presume them as Citizen of a destroyed village/city.

JEEF

A ruthless Jeef who will attack anyone stepping in his way.

Jeefs: Nawa-mutated Insians, whose level of mutation varies from minimal to sever, with some being only physically disfigured and others turned into horrific creatures.

Jeef means "undead" , if i recall well when i studied Toulan with the help of by loooong time gamer life arabic dear friend, following me on my stream and answering all my language related questions.

But Qaher and Zajer i really dont know, maybe a Cast or two different tribes of Insians?

They are clearly "zombies", fighter as wearing regular Toulan armor/swords.
They are extremly aggressive, in groups, but show no trace of infection.

Maybe reanimated by a certain magic?

They remain pretty mysterious to me.
Maybe an unrevealed secret amongst Toulan would tell us more later about them.

I will though note that they seem to bad bad intentions toward us, Insians, as they tried an attack toward Al-Nahar City in our current storyline.
So either their summoner or their persona is ill meant.
Though there is some Jeef NPCs like technician, guards at Guardian village or storyline NPC that seems pretty friendly, even though i recall the storyline one seemed to have something in his head and liying to us reguarding his intentions.
EDIT=
I digged futher and found this quote from Toulan stories:
The Safians came up with a technology that allowed them to bring to life individual Insians, incorporating into each person a Nawa core to allow for the cultivation and manipulation of the energy.
We loot Nawa Core parts on both Jeefs.
Jeefs are in massive groups (armies) and Zajers are near Al-Nahar (City Defender?)
So this would explain that the Jeefs are dead Insians warriors revived from death throught the Nawa core and been granted a Nawa core to be able to match the Narians and manipulate Nawa just like them.
This clearly could have led to a race to Nawa again and explain a war to claim Nawa.

In the end, Jeefs Qaher, Jeefs Zajer, Mohkats, Duhols, Thawrs and friendly Jeefs on Toulan are only mutated Insians. Their degree of mutation only varied and led them to a propper degree of sanity. Some satyed friendly and kept their head, some went totally hollow, some completly evolved in a totally different breed.

Also Haris armor description explain Haris means "guardian, which is the armor commonly worn by the Jeefs protecting the Guardian Village.

KHAFFASH

Bat-like predator whose love of mischief and high-pitched cry have made him one of the traveler's most detested creatures. With no sense of sight, he uses Nawa glow for sense of orientation.

Clearly demons.
I ignore if they were once part of Toulan animals, but they totally have the look of the Evilness.
Maybe a creature summoned by magic to fight, but now wandering as their summoner is gone?
They do attacks that sounds like electric aswell, but i there is clearly no electric damage inflicted in-game by them.
I stay unclear about them aswell.

DUHOL

EDIT=Found out in the Quote from the scanning ~
Heavy and agressive, this troll-like Jeef boasts destructive power but childish brains. Inhabiter of snow caves and collector of bones, he is often hired as a guard to protect merchants' goods, and uses his massive weight in his attacks.
So Duhol is definitly a primitive Jeef, so an undead, but no nawa core looted off them, also no Zombie face. Weird.

Caboria (shell i think)
Small, friendly creature that uses its Nawa energy to swim in pulse motion.

Thawr (Taurus)
A bull-like beast, a hybrid Jeef born of Insian and animal blood after the Great War. His heavy attacks easily demolish strong foes, and his Nawa-energy can be seen in the glowing light in his chest, near his two hearts
So Thawrs are mutated jeef, possibly Insians that didnt inheritate the Nawa Core.

Tabtab (plump)
Fluffy TabTab likes to have fun and play around, uses its sharp teeth to defend itself.

Dahhar
A desert reptile that can absorb Nawa through its skin, can easily adapt to different environments.

Qaffaz

An aggressive reptilian predator, who made his way up to Nahar hundreds of years ago to survive the famine-swept Qifar desert of the time. He surprises his prey with lightning-fast leap attacks.

Sunjoq
This friendly reptile, also called the Moving Rock, easily blends in with its surrounding. Despite its slow pace, it is often used as a mount by Jeef bandits, who rely on the creature's faithfulness and love of exotic fruits.

Wahesh

This rare, immense lake monster is a creature of legends. Many villagers and travellers believe him to be a myth, and those who set out to find him quickly find themselves on a dangerous journey. Known to be directly linked to Nawa sources beneath Al Hawa Lake. The Wahesh emits Nawa energy in sparks, making him highly sought-after by the Nawa-obsessed.

THE MAP

Toulan's map as the Oracle show us and as we know it today is totally different...
the only way i found to preserve the climat of the continents and its climat is by flipping it over.
UPDATED in post #2
toulan comic speculations.jpg

I know it looks different BUT remember there is the Mage tower in the middle of the water.
Mutation seems to concern mostly Nautic creatures, so something during the war since Sinmar assassination has clearly happened.

This way we can preserve the snow, the desert, the forest as we know them today.
Also it cannot be flipped the horizontal way to get the north to south as there is no mountain at the sounth of the map, and if we flip both way we get the desert on the east side.

Sabad City is inexistent by today, all we know is the Sabad finders, used to mine.
Maybe Al-Nahar inhabitants who could escape joined Sabad City and overtime Sabad City name has been forgotten?

Astrolab, im split on this one.
AL-Nahar City is full of Nawa devices, but the Astrolab couldnt be operated without the Mages.
Is is the device in Al-Nahar, and the City has been built on it to protect it?
Or is it this massive device at the Nawa temple?
Im split.

CUHOF Cave. The Oracle says she kept the Book of Law in the Cave until then.
Would will be this cave?
Walls are posh inside CUHOF instances, covered in Arabesque textures and there is treasures inside.
It not just wild caves.
Thought Sinmar has been ASSASSINATED, so someone could have stole the Book of Law and drive the madness on Toulan as we know it Today. Making this Oracle nor anyone we know in possession of the Book.

Infection.
The signs in the landing area of Toulan inform us of no-vehicule allowed dur to strong Nawa irradiations.
It is clear Nawa has been out of control, or used as a mass destruction power.
Overtime all humanoides and creatures got their share of radiations, and turned as we know them today.
I will add that an intentional palette colour seems to follow a degree of infection as the mobs grow in maturity.
From a red/orange/original colour they then grown in blue, green, purple and then black.

EDIT= I would note that Jeefs and Duhols (and ourselves) shows NO sign of infection at all.
Higher maturities in both sides show no difference, so no degree of infection.
IF Jeefs are Insians granted with a Nawa core, this would make sense that Jeefs can now manipulate Nawa, so no infection due to exposure.

I will add that our Avatar could be mean to start on Toulan, so i suppose we are granted with a Nawa core too.

Magic.
Magic is clearly involved on Toulan due to the three Mages, and now the witch in storyline asking us to find the firestones.
To be followed.

Items
We stil have and craft nawa operated devices presumed to be conceived by the Narians in the past.
Also there is two different healing tools, the fanoos, nawa operated, and the other (i forgot the name) which seems to be clearly source of magic.
EDIT= We can Craft items using Nawa - So i would deeply suppose that we HAVE been granted a Nawa Core.

Conclusion is, we are here to bring Toulan back to its magnificence.
We are on a irradiated planet, facing mutated creatures, we are depleted of any trace of society.
We are on our own, we need to do everything ourselves and WORK TOGETHER.
There is no estates because there is no peace, yet.

We still havent clearly seen any trace of Narian nor Safians ourselves, and we ignore all about the Book of Law.
We are asked to find sacred artifacts that seems to matter for some people on Toulan, and a group of Jeefs is determined to be against us, Insians.

The Mage Tower is still locked, and we know nothing about.... Yet...

Thanks for reading, ill try to update this post as we get more informations in-game..

Hope you enjoyed the summuary of Toulans History,
With love,
E~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT
I gave a think about,
This tablet with the 13 names we have to retrieve must have to do with the Safians
They are a "dozen" to quote the storytelling, + Nara, daughter of Sinmar.

Iwish i could repeat the storyline now i know a bit more about the events...

And i dont know how to get rid of this picure 😕

Attachments

• toulan comic speculations.jpg
    toulan comic speculations.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 819
  • toulan comic.jpg
    toulan comic.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 612
  • population.jpg
    population.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 761
  • toulan comic.jpg
    toulan comic.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 789
  • 1630860886375.png
    1630860886375.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Even though the old map to current map could look like this way.

Toulan even.jpg
Having the Cuhof instances on Sabad Continent, Home of the old Capital of Toulan could explain the richess of the CUHOF caves = Arabesque decorations, Chests Etc...

The keypoints on the Old map also match the current TPs

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Edited the Duhols, Infection section, Items, Safians and Jeefs history in ORANGE ~

Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Corrected Duhols as they are litterally mentioned as Jeefs, and added Scanning infos to each creatures,

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Hi all,

I been looking around the planet again, after time off the game.
Im really loving what i see.
Seeing some of my speculations coming true makes me speechless..

The implentation of the nawa core, in our (insians) hand, was just unbelievable for me. Without it, we should have turned jeef (undead).
Nawa core dropping from jeef again. That how the lore is tied to the game mobs.
The book of law, rewarding appartments... A shock aswell. Given the book ties all the sovereigns together, in the lore. And have to work hard for it in the game.

I have a good idea about how things will unfold, and i cant wait.

I had three main areas of shadows in the past, that i couldnt make any real sense of, the difference of map geography between before and now, the Narians, the astrolab.

I just wanted to speculate one last time, before things go on forward.
I suspected the astrolab was either buried under Al-Nahar, due to the unique machinery there, or the Temple.

I noticed the Temple is now Named "Narian Temple". Not sure if that was as it before, or if my head is tricking me again, but im pretty sure it was named "Nawa Temple" before.
If it is the Narian temple, which is now clear:
We actually may speculate about what a Narian looks like.
Entropia 2021-01-26 13.25.17.png

The Astrolab is a focus point of nawa magic, used to strengthen the Narians to become stronger and more numerous.

And this statue is located right under the focus point of the Nawa Temple, energy focus.

-Narian = manipulate nawa Cosmic creatures with the capability of travelling between dimensions, Narians have the same need for personal gain as the Insians. Unlike their rival race, Narians are able to naturally use the planet’s Nawa, manipulating the energy to build awe-inspiring creations.

I doubt the other clue is a Narian, more like a enslaved Insian, to guard the astrolab, since the representation is pretty dull and not embellished.
Entropia 2021-01-26 13.26.38.png

More a statue to state a warning rather than a praise.
Both situated at the entrance aswell, guarding.

And the actual state of the Temple, partly demolished, point in a last hope of mass destruction, which left Toulan as it is when we find it.
Entropia 2021-01-26 14.59.29.png

So i definitly think the Astrolab, is actually in the Temple.

Only speculating tho.
Have fun, E.

EDIT: Oh yes and, Temple is the only area PVP. Where us Insians fought and lost to the Narians for control of Nawa. Nawa dropping at Temple, and in PVP.

Out of Character architecture (other race)
Entropia 2021-01-26 14.57.45.png

Evil face banner
Entropia 2021-01-26 14.58.05.png

Evil spiky bits architecture
Entropia 2021-01-26 14.58.50.png

High bridge, for procession and show-off their Grandeur.
Entropia 2021-01-26 14.59.02.png

Narians +1

Last edited:

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Thanks for updating this, and im stoked to see that you are back, i had great pleasure in digging around on the old forum when i came to Toulan some months ago, and your posts where a source of great inspiration, now with VS doing the development we will hopefully see this place blossom to what it could have been. Id love to catch up ingame and talk more about the speculation which i also very much enjoy. Thers especialy 2 things id love to hear your thoughts on, the mazir and any info you might have on the development in 2015-2016, and what happend to the planet, and the devs.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Hi Hally,
There is actually little about the Mazir, as i think Farah never had the chance to finish the official storyline, or not published/translated anyway. So there was always missing pieces, which gave life to this thread.

This must have been on the last age before ours, because nothing has been mentioned in the ages before, about a mage in a tower.
We learn this through a dark incatation, which point a Mage indeed, and a Tower, so a mage in a tower.

Burj al-Hawa (Wind Tower): One of the Nawa-infused dark towers to be found throughout Toulan, were one of the ancient Mages is still locked-up by the Safians

Mazir was summoned in the wind tower, Burj al-Hawa, by the Mage locked by the Safians. (Tower showing major decay at the base, in game).

Ingame, we only had the card instances taking place at the tower. Little gave any clue about this side of the lore.

Mazir looks very much like a Bahri. Crabby, and nautic (nautic meaning of Bahri).
Bahri also bear a head in pain on its shoulder, and we know that Mazir as been Summoned (not created) to attack us Insians.
The Nature of the Bahri we know today could just be the fruit of Mazir's breeding, through attacking and turning insians into bahris. Later getting irradiated, giving them this glow.

This is an act going against the Safians, since they locked the Mage in the Tower.
Suspecting the summoning was to support the Narians?

Also Mazir means elegant. Hmmm, not sure about that. Could just be named after a deranged individual finished his best "creation", or just an endearement, to make sure not to be eaten by it. Mages can lose the plot sometimes.

Again its an odd one, since we have been left on an Age of peace (Age of Sinmar), but came back to a 600 years old wasteland.

About the earlier development, im not sure what your after, but all was on the old forum.
We will talk later about this.

E-

Edit: Oh and just so you know, a lot of arabic words used on Planet Toulan come from very very very very old arabic language.
So old that even my arabic friend couldnt translate, even asking to his parents. And arabic is a broad term, many arabic languages.

Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Added pictures, and cleaned the old pics to the right format.

Added a BIG update in GREEN, about the Mages :)

This explains why the apocalyptic war 600 years ago, and i think i have closed the loop of the storyline, up to date with what Virtualsense have in stock :)

Exiting!

Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
I just had a click!
This weekend i was reviewing some old content, looking for a picture of Toulan view from space, and i got more than i bargained for; tho i just clicked now, reading Nara story that came with the VU.

In the VU is mentioned the fallen, fallen who…. Fell, for the Queen.
So my working head thought,would be nice to give an hommage to those fallen.
Then popped the vision of the 12 names on the tablet we find in the storyline, this thing has been puzzling me forever, since those are nobodies, and we did work, with SpeedTrap to try translate it, even summoned arabic people accross the world to help, we really tried, but failed to come to any conclusion.

The storyline says they are the bravest warriors who fell during the Eagle Head war.
And we actually know nothing about that eagle head thingy.
The symbol of Toulan is a Sun, why a bloody Eagle?
When it happened, why, for what purpose, who was involved, but most importantly, why is there just golden Eagles all over Al-Nahar City….

Got my answer now, i should a clicked this weekend.

I watched the pre-release trailer, and it is wrote just there, that the Eagle Head war is actually the one that led to the Nawa apocalypse.

Giving this name to the war meaning the Eagle is actually the cherished Symbol of Al-Nahar.
Yes, Toulan’s flag is a Sun, but Toulan includes Insians, Jeefs, fauna, Mages, Aliens, etc etc
The Naharian symbol, for those who rallied behind the City, IS actually the Eagle.
I was just thinking too far, too fast again!

Sounds like nothing, and its a long stretch to pull it from todays VU story, but thats another LONG time mystery solved 😅

Those 12 names are also the 12 statues you see on the route to Al-Nahar.
So we can date those from less than 600 years, and also date other artifacts around Toulan, from the similar decay on them.

Ill make a cleaner post in here later on 😊

Last edited:

Morrath

VCAT Team Member
Virtualsense Media Support Team
hmm, would be nice to have webcomic for the all story so far. I still don't have a clear understanding of the all Toulan story in my head.

Truman

I like the comics! I’m reading the longer form story of it all too and it’s really good so far.

Truman

Thanks for continuing to update. My memory is a little fuzzier than I like so I have to keep referring back to this 😂

Chopped down a few too many trees that hit me in the head, I suppose 😉

Truman

That “High Bridge” area in the temple is very interesting to me in terms of mining. A big mix of places you can and can’t mine 🤔

The places you can’t mine have a similar circumference, almost like there should be more columns in that space.

Placeholders for cool statues or something?

Truman

@Eleni Von Estlla

I apologize, I’ve misplaced my reading glasses. Is the implication that The Mages had access to some more primal magic, giving them strength for all the learned Nawa manipulation? It kind of sounds like a chicken or the egg question from my reading — they wielded Nawa for power, but how were they strong enough to learn to do that 🤔

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
@Eleni Von Estlla

I apologize, I’ve misplaced my reading glasses. Is the implication that The Mages had access to some more primal magic, giving them strength for all the learned Nawa manipulation? It kind of sounds like a chicken or the egg question from my reading — they wielded Nawa for power, but how were they strong enough to learn to do that 🤔
It is said in this silk thread of History we have been granted, as i quote :
These warlocks cannot be destroyed, only chained to their prison – part of the reason behind the intense Nawa cultivation and training.

So put simple, when they are bored, and have no tribe to play with or take over to satisfy their thirst for Nawa, they just play and study, and become stronger through intense training.

We only know that the Mages were ancients, at the time we first hear from their existence.
Meaning that beforehand, they also had plenty time to get bored, train and get stronger.

The solution to isolate them in the Towers, may also have been a big mistake aswell, as the Towers are the three points channelling Nawa flow through the Planet, and by thus, have been left showering in Nawa ever since.

Azraq and Sahira sure knows more about this than anyone else, but the firestones and the cards were promising pieces of History, for Toulan's storyline.

Maybe, one day, will we learn the truth ; if we survive long enough to witness it, that is.

Truman

The solution to isolate them in the Towers, may also have Maybe, one day, will we learn the truth ; if we survive long enough to witness it, that is.

Lovely response, like something you’d find in a book.

But geez, I know at 40 I’m ancient, but I plan to live long yet on Toulan — maybe we will see evolution take us places astonishing. I certainly never expected to end up here when I first started the Longu grind…

Top Bottom