Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
A WINDING ROAD STILL LEADS YOU SOMEWHERE
Tuesday | May 31, 2016
It's not quite a week past our six month mark after taking over the Moon, and only 12 days since my last update, but there is plenty going on that would be good for the community as a whole to know. Besides, this is also my attempt at shaming the boss into doing his own updates, even though I know how extremely busy he's been. His time has become a bit more limited, but maybe he can squeeze something in soon. He might be waiting until he can share the good stuff with the community, so that would be worth waiting for.
We all know that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, and with some things, perhaps it would be most beneficial if the path were to be that simple, but we also know (hopefully) that the curves and bends in the road sometimes turn out to be our greatest teachers. In our case, they certainly have, which is why we've gone back to the drawing board and sorted some things out.
It has definitely been a learning process, which is why we find it necessary to shift directions with our focus and concentrate on what will help us build our community of Monrians. There are those who from the very beginning have been with us and supported what our vision is for the Moon, and these dedicated individuals will definitely benefit the most, along with those they help along the way as a result.
There are changes being made with some of our Community Initiatives Program (CIP) teams, as well as the activities that will take place. I will list only the teams that are affected by these changes and give the updates. These are the teams that will be most instrumental in supporting our goals with regard to our Monrian-born players and presenting the best learning experience possible.
First, the Community Advisers Program has been disbanded for the following reasons:
- there was only one Community Adviser who wasn't also a Monria Mentor
- Shade has stepped down as a CA and Monria Team Ambassador (MTA) with good reason
- you will find the reason listed below in the Monria Space Travel Program section
- the Monria community itself is amazing with regard to being helpful
- each member of our community in essence is a Community Adviser as a result
- we just couldn't ask for better, but the community continues to grow and does get better
- we will now give our main focus to supporting our Monrian-born, starting with the Monria Mentors
Official Monria Mentors Program
Why being an official Monria Mentor is beneficial:
- Monria Mentors are supported by the Monria Management Team
- advancing the experiences of Disciples is funded through the Community Initiatives Program (CIP)
- Disciples will learn basics through our Monria New Arrivals Tutorial program at the forum
- -----> field trips will also be coordinated for practical application to enhance the basic training
- -----> field trips to other planets to complete their newbie missions will also be planned
- Monria Management Team is initiating a Sweat Gathering and Buying Program
- -----> this program will be coordinated through the Monria Mentors
- effective June 1st, Monria Management Team is initiating "The Mentor Games" (see below)
- there will be frequent events and activities for Mentors and Disciples with opportunities to win prizes
- we have some creative ideas that will help Mentors and their Disciples be more successful as a team
- if you are interested in becoming an official Monria Mentor, go here
- the starter kit is being simplified and we will be focusing on hunting only
- Monria Mentors will be given weapons to distribute to all Monrian-born, plus initial ammo supply
- we will continue supplying our Mentors with weapons for their Disciples through The Mentor Games
- Gyro-2 FAPs will be crafted by Anhithe to be given out to Monrian-born in their starter kits as well
- we decided against continuing mining in the program since the Moon is inside mining
- -----> new players get an introduction to mining during their initial new player training
- -----> if Disciples are interested in pursuing mining, the Mentors can work with them on this
- we would like to add additional official Monria Mentors from various time-zones, however:
- -----> interested individuals must be serious-minded about Mentoring on the Moon
- -----> there's flexibility, but it's important to follow the program for the best experiences and results
- -----> overall knowledge about the Moon, and especially the missions, must be considered
- our main focus will be on Mentor/Disciple events and activities to keep the momentum going
- we will also have our main events for the entire community but those will be occasional
The Mentor Games
The Mentor Games is a way for us to support the official Monria Mentors in being more engaged with their Monrian-born Disciples in the learning process, as well as enhancing their experiences and providing lots of fun along the way. This program is supported by the Monria Team, and funded by the CIP program.
The following is a brief overview of what the program looks like, but in no way inclusive of all ideas and activities being discussed that will keep Mentors and their Disciples engaged.
- each Mentor will register a Mentor/Disciple team name that remains consistent
- Mentors and Disciples are encouraged to team hunt as much as possible throughout each month
- team hunting must take place on Monria, the only exception might be for special events
- this will be an ongoing monthly competition between official Monria Mentor teams only
- from the 1st of the month to the last day of the month, team globals will be counted toward a prize(s)
- we will extract data from Entropia LIfe as always, and the data will be posted with winner information
- the prize(s) will be given to Mentors to distribute to their team
- in addition, we are discussing periodic weekly team competitions
- however, there will be other activities and events for the Mentors and their Disciples as well
- we are looking at ways that the Monria Team Ambassadors (MTAs) can assist with this program too
- -----> this would include team competitions as well as events
Monria New Arrivals Training (MNAT)
The MNAT Program was launched on May 6th and experienced two very successful classes. We have since realized that there are variables in place that preclude this program from continuing in the manner in which it was intended.
- the details in the shift in direction for this program can be found here
Monria Space Travel Program
We've had some growing pains with our travel and repair skilling programs but we are back at the drawing board with these activities as well. Some changes have occurred, and one big one in particular.
@Xander Zan Catman has retired as the General of The Knights of Entropia (TKoE) after four years of leading the society. @Eric Shade Avenged has stepped into the role of General and will take over.
Other changes include:
- Shade has taken over the management function of the Monria Space Travel Program
- the Monria Team is working with Shade to reorganize and enhance both programs
- there will be a combination of TKoE and Monrian community Pilots to facilitate our needs
- new information will be posted as it is available
This is how it looks right now, but that's not to say that we might not be back at the drawing board again in the future to make these programs even better. The learning process is educational and helps us improve.
The only other Monria news is:
- we may have a special Independence Day event with a very unique party location
- when more information is available, it will be posted