Ba Da Dam's to-do list, goals, aspirations, etc

badadam

> finish the toulan story missions
> keep raising my defense skills through hunting until i can solo sweat @ Guardian Village with no armor
> have a shot at mining and trying to figure out how to effectively use resources i get from mining
> keep working on dailies to raise my hunting skills
> try cuhof instances
> get the elder gods squid suit and back accessory, i did the beginner mission on dsec 9 and was very bummed that i couldnt progress with the suit missions since i was solo and dont know anyone

anyone has any recommendations that i should know about ? :D

badadam

> finish the toulan story missions: DONE

was pretty fun overall, but wayyyyy too short :) it would be really fun to have more missions around Toulan, not just dailies but missions that are more long-term or more lore-oriented!

> have a shot at mining and trying to figure out how to effectively use resources i get from mining : in progress? i guess?

im finding mining to be super rewarding, both as entertainment and PED value :p it seems way easier to make a profit mining than hunting. i lost quite a bit of ped hunting, but mining it seems that pretty much everything on toulan sells for pretty good markup and i want to make this my primary "profession" for now. i also discovered tree cutting so im alternating between the two for now, tree cutting while my stuff sells and mining once everything sold :) the crafting part is still a mystery to me... i do have that basic butt joints BP which should help me get started with some skills once i reach lv6 resource gathering to get the required wood

> try cuhof instances: DONE

turns out im definitely too low. cuhof beginner was doable with no armor but i had to die quite a few times to the boss and it doesnt seem worth to do it at my level, but it seems like a fun way to hunt and definitely something i am looking forward to in the future!

> keep raising my defense skills through hunting until i can solo sweat @ Guardian Village with no armor
> keep working on dailies to raise my hunting skills
> get the elder gods squid suit and back accessory

those will wait for now as im focusing on mining/resource gathering/crafting. once i get my looter levels up (by quite a bit in fact...) i will have a crack at hunting again but the losses i had while hunting will need to be recouped before i can try again X)

i was sold a knife which i thought was AWESOME until i started reading more into weapons and learned about efficiency/dpp and using maxed weapons. oh boy. i hadnt realized how much PED i had lost until i took inventory and it was in the couple hundreds lost after only a couple hours. it was a clericdagger with some number.... i learned the hard way. hopefully ill make it all back if i keep up with the mining :)

stay tuned.. and see ya in-game :)

bdd

badadam

took some mining "lessons" today on EU's official youtube channel, seems a bit outdated but learned some nice things. started dropping every 110m with my F-105 instead of randomly dropping and hit 2 globals almost back to back after mining the "wrong" way for a couple days... feels good :) now to wait for it to sell

i ALMOST reached lv6 resource gatherer but we were a lot of cutters online last night and i switched to mining instead, will definitely be able to reach 6 tonight and start using the Reaper III for those other wood types

i did a little bit of hunting, trying to "maximise" the output in skills/loot i get from all of them by scanning them first, then sweating them dry, then killing and looting, rinse & repeat. it is very slow because "Concentration was lost" but that evader is getting up slowly

does Toulan have any toulan-based societies? I have heard of Al-Nahar Wanderers but I dont know if they are still around. i really like this planet and would love to be part of a group that shares the love

stay tuned.. and see ya in-game :)

bdd

badadam

thanks for the links, they have been super helpful :)

im now able to solo sweat without too much trouble, raised my evader to 4 slowly but surely. while its a very slow thing to do there are a lot of dailies and reqs on toulan that need sweat so it's something nice to do while i work from home or while watching a movie :)

finally managed to reach 6 in resource gathering and was able to start using the UL Reaper IIIs i have, boy oh boy is that a game changer! that allowed me to start crafting butt joints and I managed to get quite a few new BPs from that while all use accessible resources i know i can get from hunting + mining. i will probably need to deposit as I need a bit of funds as what I had was used to get started but now that i have all the UL tools / weapons i need for a while i can focus on having some funds as a bank roll

after two weeks now of being toulan born here is what i was able to get as a starter setup, using all UL except from the tt scanner as it was what was suggested to me when i started as (L) is not super available (yet?) on toulan's auction

mining: Finder F-105 & RE-101, Imperium Refiner B1
hunting: Laconian Sword + Melee Trauma Amplifier 1 (i went melee as its way more fun IMO than shooting, and it gives me lots of strength + defense skills which are awesome for hp and evader), Herb Box for healing
armor: Toulan Shirt & pants, staying armorless until i finish "graduating" to get my toulan newbie armor set (rifi?)
others: tt scanner and VSE for sweat

i have a bit of funds which are more than enough for hunting but i want to have more so that i can keep on mining while waiting for my stuff to sell. any suggestion as to what would be a good starter point ped-wise for bankroll for mining? i have about 700 PED left but since i need big stacks to sell in auction it doesnt seem enough... i was looking towards 2000-3000 but would like some input from fellow miners :)

stay tuned...and see ya in-game :)

bdd

Top Bottom