Bug/feedback report as for 14/04/2017

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
UPDATED 20/04/2017

Hello Team,

About a year since last list of bugs so i thought was time to do another condensated list.

I still have difficulties to post pictures so ill try refeer with external links if needed.

***PRIORITIE**​
1. Hides / Parts broken drop rate

As discussed earlier, hide drop rate for Tabtab, Caboria and Bahri are broken.
We are at a 1/200 hide/kill rate average.
Identified broken by the team due to Card parts implantation, this bug demotivate most low level players.

Also identified =
-Thawr horn
-Caboria shell
-Caboria hide
-Sunjoq rock
-Qaffaz tail
-Tabtab hide
-Bahri hide
-Bahri skin
-Jeef Nawa core part ( both Jeef Z and Q )
-Qaffaz Nail

NOTE= Card parts also drop at a even slower rate than before.

Seen as a priority
***************************************​

2. Vegetation noise bug

Spotted in april 2015 this bug is extremly annoying.
As soon as we do one single step in vegetation the noise becomes permanent.
I made videos of the problem this time to help solving it.

Spotted East of Village (clickable video Link)

And in Jelly Zone (also clickable)

3. Rifle Beam gone and Alignement problem with rifles/pistols

As explained HERE The rifles from Toulan does not fit in the hands.

The beam Sahra carbine and Hojoom pistols used to do are also gone, still.

4. CUHOF entrance fee?

I have been reported that a player in team has got his friend entering a CUHOF instance, and when he wanted to follow him, he has been asked a fee, like when we enter space.
I couldnt verify this issue but i thought of dropping it here.
I adviced the person to submit a support ticket as fees are MA matters.

The only "fee" for a CUHOF access is the key.

5. Jeef Zajer into Black Magic

Oki this is a new one.
Seems that approching the big obelisque in Jeef Zajer spawn creates a graphic issue.
This shadows my avatar, the Jeefs, and dimm the surrounding Darker.

Occult spell or bug?
VIDEO HERE

6. NPC still have a "?" after completing its Duhol stage 5 final Quest
It doesnt spaek no more but is still not happy...
How to satisfy its ?? ?
http://imgur.com/zKNnG9y

7. Zeraf Thights still undiscovered
This is over a year Zeraf has been implanted but thights still never been found.
Is it worth the team look into it or are we this bad at looting? :D

8. Baraka Armor still undiscovered

Same as Zeraf thights.
Baraka has been said to be implanted on Cards release, but still not a single part discovered.
Worth looking into it?

9. Bahri and Khaffash texture preview does not match reality
Might be bad for the trading as they are my two favorite textures.
The preview looks quiet gross when they are wonderful textures applied.

KHAFFASH

BAHRI

10. Amplifiers Bad Economie
As Submitted HERE The amps from Toulan have horrible statistic making them absolutly useless.
I think there is some work to do about them.

11. CUHOF KEY held bug
We can hold the key, thats fun, but if i switch view from behing to first person, the key is floating around me.
That the magic of Nawa? :D
PICTURE

12. Pixi parts rewarded with Rifi ME

As stated HERE post #4
Rifi ME is rewarded correctly but few pixi parts still rewarded with it, which is a bug.

13. Turret Snow Stretch
Turret does not react to Thawrs from wave spawn.

14. Waypoint for "return to Shanhan" for Thawr Quwa shows 82 kilometers away and not on map.
http://imgur.com/a/vZE5H

So far the temperature on Toulan is pleasant.
Only negative thoughts goes to the broken hides drop, why i would make this a priority.
None of this other bugs listed above have apparently shocked anyone.
People seem to enjoy it here execpt there is still no room for SWEATING.

If i may suggest, i would urge a Blueprint to sink as much as sweat as we can, so we could buy and utilize this stuff in mass on Toulan. If possible a second utility Blueprint.

As spoken in private, a also suggest to lower slightly the swirl limit of 50PED off the smaller mobs
EG Tabtab, Dahhar, Sunjoq, Bahri, Caboria and Mokhat.

Feel free to add any CONSTRUCTIVE comment or additional bugs.
E~

Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Updated List

Seen as priority to be fixed

Loot drop rate broken spotted (drop quasi inexistant) =

-Thawr horn
-Caboria shell
-Caboria hide
-Sunjoq rock
-Qaffaz tail
-Tabtab hide
-Bahri hide
-Bahri skin
-Jeef Nawa core part ( both Jeef Z and Q )

Mob loot that seem normal as usual
=

-Dahhar
-Mokhat
-Wahesh
-Khaffash
-Duhol

New bug spotted =

- Turret by Snow Stretch does not turret Thawr from wave spawn.

- Sharham NPC for Quwa Thawr waypoint is broken.
Does not appear anywher on map when need to return to him, and waypoint shows 82 kilometers away.
on this picture i was standing right next to him, see his waypoint.

http://imgur.com/a/vZE5H

Hope this helps.
E~

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
UPDATED 20/04/2017

Hello Team,

About a year since last list of bugs so i thought was time to do another condensated list.

5. Jeef Zajer into Black Magic

Oki this is a new one.
Seems that approching the big obelisque in Jeef Zajer spawn creates a graphic issue.
This shadows my avatar, the Jeefs, and dimm the surrounding Darker.

Occult spell or bug?

Feel free to add any CONSTRUCTIVE comment or additional bugs.
E~

This is not new - this area has behaved oddly from the day of discovery that I've been reporting forever. Through a number of VU's now, I've become more and more certain it is some kind of intended effect - where night and day switch around the monolith rock. I've posted about it for years, but I think it will somehow become part of the Jeef Z story in future VU's.

Also, I agree with most of the drop rate issues, but Thawr horn as no use I know of and I think is supposed to have a low drop rate. The issue seems to be that other uses of the card mission loot items were not considered, resulting in a lot of now useless BP's.

The situation with armor sets is ridiculous. Had an early soc mate who just stopped playing one day, but he was always pissed he could not finish his Zeraf set. It's be well over a year - close to two now, and if he came back he would find the exact same situation.

I have hunted Toulan as widely as anyone, and I have never been able to complete a set of Sada or Haris - along with the still incomplete Zeraf and Jadid sets - and these are all (L) armors. I can occasionally get a full Bedaya set, but it is so limited by thigh guard availability that it cannot really be used for hunting.

What we have then is a bunch of fashion armor pieces, with no usable sets beyond Rifi and Heran - both newbie armors. If drop rates are going to be so low on the other sets, they should UL - or else let them drop all parts.

The weapon situation is also hugely frustrating. I would (and do) use all of the high end Sahra Laser Carbines I can get my hands on, but the drop rate is so low it becomes an occasional thing, and I only use these grinding smaller mobs. There are still no Toulan weapons to hunt the larger Toulan mobs.

Please, please, please fix the weapon amplifier stats - right now they are unusable - so running the card instances just leaves me with a bunch of amps to sit on (and hope they get fixed so I can use or sell) - or else feed to TT.

I've been in EU coming up fast on 10 years, which has me reassessing my plans going forward, and I'm getting a little bit of a Next Island vibe here. I've got hundreds of some card parts - but have only managed to loot enough Sunjoq Rocks for 3 Qaydar cards now - and I'm over 13k kills into stage 5 of the Sunjoq Quwa missions. (4k, 8k, 10k, 20k, 25k). I have stacks of special loots with no use, or useless without other hard to get items. Most I cap how much I keep.

When I finish off the Sunjoqs, I will probably take a break from Toulan - I've been online a lot less lately, some of that is IRL issues, but some of it is boredom. I've been waiting years for Nawa powered vehicles, usable weapons and armor, UL loot, some sort of shops or stalls. All of this time we've never had road map on what to expect, taking each new development as surprise - but I can't fathom all of the development put into more instances full of nothing without addressing some of these ongoing issues.

Let me finish by saying that I love Toulan, but the "Fixes" update was worring, not because that's all it was, but because I saw almost nothing get fixed. I really hope that was code for "The new stuff wasn't ready in time" and not "We're failing".

Peace, Miles

P.S. Sorry if this seems more bitchy than constructive, but these are the things that I see that need fixing.

Last edited:

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Peace, Miles

I think you just say it all with way more consistency then me.
But saddly you are totally right.

For obvious reasons my hunts generally stop after 20 ~ 40 mobs, when Toulan loot stop dropping ~ Then i sit and wait for loot to refresh, sometimes hours doing nothing or hunting the lesser mobs unaffected.

Looting 4 hides per hourS session is ridiculous as ridiculous it is to loot 100'' armor parts when the relevant items never drop.

Blueprints for useless items i cant but agree but even though i loved to craft useless components, we cant even do it anymore.

Weapons armor amps hides components need a serious careful look at, before the development goes any further.

I also would like to note that in all the time spent we never seen any official to try take the temperature, which could a be a huge benefit and accelerate some minor issues ~~ A little chat time to time can only be healthy as well as a fresh look on how things are going.

I also started to step away of Toulan, but as i dont really enjoy any other planet, i always come back home.
Though it is enough and very frustrating to spend energy in looting generic loots available in mass anywhere else, or looting items dropping so much that they have no value, or seeing our goals fading because the most relevant Toulan items just never drop.
Oils Ammos Shrapnels are available everywhere....

Miles just said it all indeed and it is getting hard times in here.

Just wanted to support your comment.
E~

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
As a follow up to my post yesterday, I want to state that I firmly believe boredom in EU due to the player, not the game.

The fact is that I've been challenging myself by staying on Toulan essentially full time since the day it was discovered, and all that time in a single square of map, beta-test conditions, no vehicles, a limited number of mobs, and few other players. My long and happy experience speaks to the many successes of the dev's here - and should not be overlooked.

In these years on Toulan, I have no more been bored that any other time of my EU life - it's why I keep playing day after day. I have also achieved some long term goals here, like being able to craft and style clothes worthy of wearing myself, and proud to sell to others, finding that first mining tower, and experiencing discoveries (lots of them).

The sense of exploration and mystery, the beauty of the landscape, the variety of missions, and something hard to define - the vibe perhaps - is wonderful. So much is packed into this small world, with room for more.

I can't allow myself to be bored for long. I am still hopeful, but getting restless.

Peace, Miles

Ostrander

I'm getting a little bit of a Next Island vibe here.

This is exactly what I was thinking as well when writing my earlier post, and I have only been here for a short while. I hope this does not become the case, but with such a few number of players, due mostly to the aforementioned issues, I can't see how Toulan is sustainable unless the owner(s) have very deep pockets.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Are we going to see any fixes for this list ?

Some bugs listed above are months / years old, and surely the ones affecting the loot panel are major issue.

Could we have some insight about all this ?

E~

Ostrander

I second the request for some updates please.

All of the other planets have announced their individual planet updates. Arkadia announced new clothing BPs and combat masks, and guess what? They are already dropping and being discovered!!

I am back on Toulan again to poke around and see if anything has changed, maybe I'll loot one of the numerous items that have been announced over the past few years but never discovered....or maybe not.

-Ost

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
BUMP for nothing that happened ever since.

To be honest it is even worse.

Im become bit too lazy to list everything over and over again for nothing, but the list above is still pretty much valid.

-Card parts totally stopped dropping which makes the implantation of the new instance absolutly false.
-Dahhar only loot oil residue, oil and shraps, occasionally armors, no Dahhar hide/skin/bone at all.
-Jeef Zajer, Jeef Qaher, Bahri, Caboria loot hides on a poor batch per hour (and per person?) - 50 for bahri against 5 for jeef Zajer - 0 caboriaon a few try.
-Storyline mission chain broke at 3 points due to the loot table broken.

Blah Blah i wont spread butter again but the state of the loot table is still TOTALLY broken here.

-Cards Instances = Not accessible.
-Crafting = Inexistant (materials dont exist anymore)
-Hide(s) hunting = Poor (hides drop in batch on timer too poor to make it viable)
-Communication since 18months = Zero.
-Updates/patche/fix = Zero.
-Beginners mission chain = Cant start / Cant finish = 3 lethal bugs.

To be fair, only mining works as intended, but since hunting loot dont drop, rocks are just TT food.

Average time spent by tourists on Toulan = ~2days.

Red Flag.
E~

Mohammed|Beladcom

Beladcom Official
Hi Eleni,

We're in the process of restructuring the economy.
As you can see in the bugs list, it's all interconnected.

We're addressing the needed fixes, stay tuned for improvement updates.

Many Thanks.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Thanks for the reply Mohammed, but that is still very blurry..

Ill post here to try keep all on one topic.

12-03-2016, 07:47 - TabTab Hide Drop Frequency

This is when it all started, and bugs/conflicts/Broken loot tables only escalated.

I mean i can survive, but for Toulan sake, this is home.
Having most of the crafting broke and all the mentioned above broken makes it grimm.... It used to be such a nice planet where we could do so much things...

Now we just hunt, mine, look at what to do with what we looted, and looking at the crafting theres nothing we can do.

And once again, tourists and begginers are just thrown in the pit, since they have expectation, and they only get deceived as they go - main story totally broke (come on....) and as mentioned again, cant craft nothing since at least once component in nearly all BPs just dont drop.

You mentioned theres an economy revamp going on.

-Is there any planning, or roadmap we could rest on?

-Was it meant to stay broken for over 2 years?

-Are we close to be ready for a fix?

-If issue there is, is it on Planet Toulan side or Mindark side?

Not asking for anything new, or new content, nor new stuffs, just the existing stuffs to be repaired.

So if there is a rebuild going on as you mentioned, could we get clarifications please? So we would know where we stand and what to expect, more or less.

Thank you very much.
E~

Top Bottom