Confirmed by MA ... using vehicles while killing mobs is an exploit ...

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I am posting this thread because I would like the community to be aware that using vehicles during the course of killing a mob is considered an exploit and comes with the risk of your avatar being locked or banned. I am only the messenger, but I also didn't want to see any of our community members potentially getting locked or banned.

I confirmed this with my MA source because chat about this situation and whether it was an exploit or not concerned me for our community members. I wanted to have a definitive about this situation so that I could share it with you guys as a friendly warning.

We don't make the rules, but our goal is to make sure we understand the dynamics of what could be considered exploit or not so you can make wise decisions.

Please give your feedback here with regard to your view of this situation, but DO NOT make this a "bash MA" discussion ... your feedback needs to be civil, constructive and posted in a way that would help MA understand your thoughts on this topic.

I will invite my MA source to review this thread, but not require them to post unless they want to ... just keep in mind that some information can't be shared, so please be reasonable with how you pose your questions or feedback.

Thank You

FireFist

Shop Owner
I feel it shouldn't be an exploit at all but, im glad you notified us so, we dont get banned for something like this... >< theres other games where this is actually in the strategy of downing mobs/bosses. But, like you said you guys dont make the rules. im just glad the ban hammer didnt just start flailing :p

So, now im curious is the exploit using the vehicle to absorb some of the incoming damage or is the exploit using 2 vehicles apart from each other to break the aggro when the mob/boss charges you? or are these both classified as an exploit? personally i could see an exploit being enter the vehicle to break the aggro but, to absorb the damage? the vehicle is taking damage this means tt value of said vehicle goes down so, MA ends up benefitting in the exchange anyways...but, ofc they dont benefit from the break aggro trick which i didnt participate in it seemed shady lol but, i did partake in the absorbing damage with vehicle since it wasnt preventing decay or anything if anything it actually increased decay of the fight. well thats my opinion here :p

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
I have always thought that it made no sense to have vehicles that can be fitted with weapons but you cannot use them to hunt mobs.
Really if a team hunt could include air support or vehicles adding firepower I don't see why that would be a bad thing. If the vehicles didn't take damage when parked but did take damage when manned surely that could be a solution and if the vehicle weapons could do damage to mobs then the weapon and vehicle decay should contribute to the loot pool.

It also seems a bit odd to declare something an exploit when it is part of the normal game mechanics, nobody is using bots or mods or scripts etc to do this. I think MA need to address this vague notional exploit and make it part of team hunting.

Svako

Thank you so much for addressing this topic to MA. Here are my thoughts:
I see two different usage of vehicle when hunting:

1. Vehicle Ping-Pong: entering flying vehicle before the mob reach you, two people can solo pretty much anything that will not out-regen their DPS without taking any dmg/decay --> for sure an exploit/cheat and shall be prohibited

2. Vehicle tanking the AOE dmg:
I personally never considered this to be an exploit for following reasons:
- vehicles do have their defensive stats and durability same as armor and decays with the same logic therefore no decay is missed
- using vehicles doesn't have any impact on MA revenue, because player who use the vehicle pays the extra decay cost which would be paid by the second player
- only advantage that player using vehicle for tanking is getting, is ability to do something without having friends online/being outside rush hours where many players are online
- why else there would be vehicles with tanking abilities in game in first place (what is the reason of pitbull beyond this)?

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Using vehicles at all to shield yourself from taking damage or avoiding decay is considered an exploit.

FireFist

Shop Owner
Thank you so much for addressing this topic to MA. Here are my thoughts:
I see two different usage of vehicle when hunting:

1. Vehicle Ping-Pong: entering flying vehicle before the mob reach you, two people can solo pretty much anything that will not out-regen their DPS without taking any dmg/decay --> for sure an exploit/cheat and shall be prohibited

2. Vehicle tanking the AOE dmg:
I personally never considered this to be an exploit for following reasons:
- vehicles do have their defensive stats and durability same as armor and decays with the same logic therefore no decay is missed
- using vehicles doesn't have any impact on MA revenue, because player who use the vehicle pays the extra decay cost which would be paid by the second player
- only advantage that player using vehicle for tanking is getting, is ability to do something without having friends online/being outside rush hours where many players are online
- why else there would be vehicles with tanking abilities in game in first place (what is the reason of pitbull beyond this)?
I use pitbulls as item banks lmfao but, i agree with everything you said and heidi. if its an "exploit" why have defensive stats? why can you attach weapons to vehicles? cuz you cant take them into pvp loot zones so, then the only reason is for non loot pvp? seems odd to me >< or maybe the idea around vehicle usage has shifted since they were introduced? idk

its an exploit to use a vehicle to absorb damage which increases decay but, sweating a creature and running it back to a turret is fine? or running it to drown is fine? seems odd ><

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Theres been mob trains going on at Ashi rig for as long as im born, done with pitbuls, and i dont think MA ever gave a ding about it; and its been rage-reported like forever.
But since thats PvP, im sure they dont mind it.

On mobs, and even more event mobs, they may be a bit more regarding.

In any ways, thank you for the update, thats good to hear the actual verdict from the officials.

E~

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Using vehicles at all to shield yourself from taking damage or avoiding decay is considered an exploit.

Meaning ... when it comes to using them in the course of taking down mobs that require firepower and teams, but using them solo in the same way to absorb damage or shield you from damage would seem to fit the criteria as well ... I'm just passing on the information because I don't want any of our community members to be at risk for potentially being locked or banned if MA considered to take action ... I would rather you guys be forewarned and then make your own decisions as to whether to carry on as you have.

I am only the messenger with regard to confirming this information so you are aware.

FireFist

Shop Owner
Meaning ... when it comes to using them in the course of taking down mobs that require firepower and teams, but using them solo in the same way to absorb damage or shield you from damage would seem to fit the criteria as well ... I'm just passing on the information because I don't want any of our community members to be at risk for potentially being locked or banned if MA considered to take action ... I would rather you guys be forewarned and then make your own decisions as to whether to carry on as you have.

I am only the messenger with regard to confirming this information so you are aware.
we understand that and thank you for informing us we're just saying our thoughts on the subject and id assume we we all will adhere to the information its just odd their stance on this :p we appreciate the information for sure. nothing worse than getting banned for exploits and not know what exactly was the exploit lol

Avum AL

Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Monrian Born Ambassador
Hello everyone,

First of all, I thank all the individuals whom took part in bringing this topic to MA and tried to clear up some of the fog regarding this issue.

I don`t hunt atm, you all know me, but i say current vehicle system being bad isn`t upto players to coordinate and fix.
Its upto MA to fix that and using TOS as a ban-hammer for current vehicle mechanics is just bad management imo.

I will explain why current mechanics dont work well with this rule with two examples.

Example 1:​
Whats the limit that means "Require firepower and teams" or " Large team with firepower".​
For a new TB/MB a level 5 mob could mean that.​
So, should a new player whom just started the game and grabbed his/her new beginners car and wanted to explore a planet be banned because he/she took a damage from a level 5 etc. mob​

Example 2:​
Say i teleport somewhere and left my ship outside,​
Player A comes and uses my ship as a damage tank without my knowledge,​
With what was said above:​
If Player A is able to kill that mob solo = Its not an exploit​
If Player A isn`t able to kill that mob solo = Its an exploit​
Now if thats an exploit will i get banned or will the player A get banned ?​
Considering my ship took the damage and assuming answer is "i get banned":​
Does it makes sense that just because a new starter player used my ship to tank some damage without my knowledge, i will get banned ?​
Considering player A miscalculated the mob level and assuming answer is " player A get banned":​
If Player A gets banned and i report this to MA will the damage that my ship took and therefore the Peds in decay be repercussioned?​

Hopefully this will result in a more enjoyable environment for all the players and easier decision making process for the MA devs.
But one thing to note that is the fact that the rule currently stated is subjective, there is no objective answer to a mob that requires higher firepower and team and the answer differs on player basis.
Hopefully in future VU`s MA will consider that and find an easier and more objective ground that will solve this problem.
The way i see it is that this problem needs a vehicle mechanics improvement to be able to objectively solved.
Thanks,
Avum

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Another player can't use your vehicle just because you left it somewhere, unless they are on the guest list ... I edited the title of the thread and will edit the post as well for clarification.

Avum AL

Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Monrian Born Ambassador
If him/her pulls an AoE capable mob next to my ship he/she can use it as a damage tank without my knowledge with the current mechanics

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
If him/her pulls an AoE capable mob next to my ship he/she can use it as a damage tank without my knowledge with the current mechanics

Why is your ship out and not using it in a mob area then? I mean, why would it be just sitting there for a period of time and not using it in an area where there are mobs, or even a mob boss?

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
What we saying is MA has made an official statement about it.
Whether they will enforce it or not is a whole other thing, especially if everyone does it, at first.

Theres been historical exemples of mob trapping, botting, at every player levels, with different responses from MA.

But rules are here, and tresspassing them is only up to you, to risk it or not. But MA be entitled to penalize you for it, without warning.

I think thats what is being said.

Avum AL

Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Monrian Born Ambassador
Why is your ship out and not using it in a mob area then? I mean, why would it be just sitting there for a period of time and not using it in an area where there are mobs, or even a mob boss?

Its actually pretty common and easy for that to happen
Step 1) Fly somewhere
Step 2) Exit ship
Step 3) AFK

We all have real life stuff and have to sometimes stop our game in a rush.
Wouldn`t want to get banned because i did that.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hopefully this will result in a more enjoyable environment for all the players and easier decision making process for the devs.

The PPs have no decisions to make about this, it's purely an MA thing with regard to vehicle mechanics, as well as what is considered an exploit or not ... we can only impart the information shared as a means for the community to be aware.

Avum AL

Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Monrian Born Ambassador
The PPs have no decisions to make about this, it's purely an MA thing with regard to vehicle mechanics, as well as what is considered an exploit or not ... we can only impart the information shared as a means for the community to be aware.
I know by devs i meant MA devs, should have been more clear my bad i will edit that

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Its actually pretty common and easy for that to happen
Step 1) Fly somewhere
Step 2) Exit ship
Step 3) AFK

We all have real life stuff and have to sometimes stop our game in a rush.
Wouldn`t want to get banned because i did that.

So you would fly your ship into a mob area, go AFK because you have RL stuff to do, and not take yourself to a safe area first? Mobs have a way of wandering around at times without any help from players.

Avum AL

Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Monrian Born Ambassador
So you would fly your ship into a mob area, go AFK because you have RL stuff to do, and not take yourself to a safe area first? Mobs have a way of wandering around at times without any help from players.
If i get killed its okay i revive no damage done, i will just have to fly back.
If someone uses my ship as a damage tank while i am away though that might get me banned with the rule stated above.

Also, you can also say that i sat in the 2nd seat and will take no damage while i am AFK,
Someone can still do the same act stated one sentence above and verdict should be the same.
Because according to rule stated, whether i am in the ship or not does not matter.
Someone tanked damage using a vehicle which is an exploit.
Parties that took part in the process should be banned.

Top Bottom