Cuhof change

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
This is an idea and welcome all cuhof users to say what they think about it.

I like armor cuhof even tho its above my dps to hunt comfortebly :)

My suggestion is to make the cuhof 1-5 with looteble mobs.
The baraka pieces can drop from the bosses in their respective cuhof number as a rare drop or appropriate droprate.
The tinqtures can drop as rares from the other mobs inside or appropriate droprate.
Loose the chests ( don't shoot me guys and girls)

It would solve the aversion of some to the not great return of these kinds of instances. (yes , me included) :D
We'll also be getting those mutch wanted looter skills.
Go the extra mile and give cuhof monsters they're own codex. Yes more codex pls :D

Just a suggestion that would make me storm the gates of cuhof ;)

Mungo Baobob

Shop Owner
you don't actually get looter skill when you loot the corpse tho right it comes from the other skills and from scanning them?

your getting the same loot you would be getting from the mobs, it just goes to the chest instead of your inventory...so it would be a lot of coding change, and coordination with / permission from, mindark...for no real value imo. I doubt ma would give that approval either, as there are far to man chest dungeons across the universe.

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
you don't actually get looter skill when you loot the corpse tho right it comes from the other skills and from scanning them?

your getting the same loot you would be getting from the mobs, it just goes to the chest instead of your inventory...so it would be a lot of coding change, and coordination with / permission from, mindark...for no real value imo. I doubt ma would give that approval either, as there are far to man chest dungeons across the universe.
You DO get looter skills from looting a mob.
Return in instances whith chest at the end is capped at around 80% so your not getting the same amount of loot as if you got loot from the actual mob.

I think you misunderstand how simple it is to do because there is no coding change required or coordination or permission from MA.

There are instances where the mobs in the instance are normal mobs i.e. you kill them and get skills as you kill them and loot when you kill them. For example the current Gold Rush event is in an instance and there are normal mobs in there that behave as normal mobs.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
It is not simple. There is a complexity to the CUHOF system which was in place before we took over, and making a change such as was suggested involves more than a simple tweak.

This is the thing, it doesn't matter that there are instances like these across the universe, they aren't all the same. There is a process to making a system unique to the location with variables involved.

You really can't compare the Arkadia Gold Rush instance with ours or any others. There are also graphics involved. It's not a matter of just taking out the chests and making the mobs lootable. There's more involved than that.

If you think an instance system can be changed without coordination, code and interaction with MA at some point, then I don't know where you're getting your information.

As I said, all instance systems aren't the same, and regardless of how some may have similar mechanics, it still requires the content creator to customize the system for the ultimate outcome. Also, whatever is done, it takes a VU or a patch for MA to implement.

Ant pays attention to everything that is suggested, and if it's something that can be done then he'll consider it, but some things take time.

Unless behind the scenes working with a development team, players can only speculate as to how the mechanics of a system works. That is not something publicly shared. Remember, these are all systems on the MA platform that we work with.

Ant will do what can be done, he always does.

Mungo Baobob

Shop Owner
You DO get looter skills from looting a mob.
Return in instances whith chest at the end is capped at around 80% so your not getting the same amount of loot as if you got loot from the actual mob.
Ahh my bad I always thought the skill gain msgs happened when killing the mob, not when clicking it to loot it. probably because I run autoloot on my ring.

and you can see that what you get from each mob goes into the chest by running as a team, let player 1 kill only 1 mob while you kill the rest, player 1 will only get loot for the 1 kill...the return is set for the instance, probably the same mechanics as a taxed land area...but the mobs loot goes into the chest per kill...its really the only way the game can track your decay and economy for the loot algorithm imo.
I may be wrong...but it certainly does not seem that way. it seems far easier to code the same loot mechanics as the rest of the game, but have it deposit into the chest...than to have the chest do a loot roll. in the end though, I don't think the mechanics of chest vrs per mob is your concern anyway, rather the high tax or low average return, which is probably mindarks way of setting the bar for the UL armor, as most ways to get nice sets across the universe have a cost of entry.

edit: another example is the instance on rt, where it will continue to spawn mobs for as long as you want, and you can go finish up and loot the chest when your done..the math/coding just seems easier if it's tracking each mob as a loot event.

Last edited:
Top Bottom