Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
My apologies for not posting sooner and for not being around. March is always a very busy month for me because there's not only a VU, our biggest annual event of the year (St Patrick's weekend event) and a quarterly magazine issue to publish at the end of the month, but ...

My Mother has been in Hospice care for a while now at home, and a week ago took a turn for the worse. She hasn't been able to eat anything in a week now, she's very weak, can hardly talk, and we were told she is now in her last days. We just don't know how long it will be, but the time is getting close and it's emotionally heartbreaking and stressful.

She would be 96 on April 26th, so her condition is all natural causes. I am keeping busy and doing my best to cope with it, but it hasn't been easy. I need to use my time efficiently to complete what I need to, so for at least through the end of the month you may not see too much of me.

I'll be there at the beginning of the Toulan event that starts at 19:00 game time on Friday, and do my best to be there a couple of hours on Saturday and Sunday.

I'll update this thread to let you know where I'm at and how things are going.

Since I am so involved with the community in so many ways, I felt it was necessary to let you know what was going on.

I'm going to ask you to please continue taking care of each other, and help the new players get orientated.

Thank You 💜

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I think most of you know me well enough to know that I shared my personal life family situation because I'm very close to the community and just my work responsibilities wouldn't keep me from being with you.

The added emotional stress causes my sleep/wake cycles to be all over the place right now, so I work to keep busy and my mind off the other stuff as much as I can, and also catch sleep when I'm tired enough for my mind to shut down.

I know several of you also have Mom's going through some health challenges and my heart goes out to you because it's not easy.

I just wanted to give an explanation of why you haven't seen me, and why seeing me for the next week at least might be hit and miss.

Thank you for your thoughts and understanding ... it helps.

Leent

Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
I understand LS, it's hard to find the right word hearing it.
You have done a lot for the most of us, and, as Eleni said, we are ready to help you with anything we can.

Take care about you family and yourself, nothing else is as important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom