DME Availability

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hello Community ...

Wanted to let you know that I'm taking a few days off ... I know, right. :p I'll catch up with everyone when I get back. :thumbsup

In the meantime, take care of each other like you always do, and one of the reasons I'm so proud of our community.

The Monria St Patrick's Day Event is coming up on the 18th and 19th, so get your Irish fashion assembled and get ready to march in our annual parade. Hopefully Ant remembers the route. :nana

See you soon,
DME

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just a quick note that I won't be back active until Saturday with the SPD event ... I've managed to somewhat keep up with a couple of things, including the TWEN Discoveries thread, and a couple of other things, but for the most part, I am still on downtime.

I also want to thank Kendra big time for filling in for me during ship duties, much appreciated. 💜

See you all on Saturday ... :hi

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have made the decision to take every Wednesday off (actually my favorite day of the week), effective Wed, Mar 29th. I won't be in the game, but I will keep an eye on the forum and VS Discord in case something urgent comes up.

Community members are always helpful in the in-game chat channels, and will provide needed information.

Thank you to all who support the needs of the community, much appreciated. :thumbsup

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Today, Wednesday (Mar 29th), didn't turn out as planned regarding taking the day off. I took a bit of time for myself in the morning hours, but had a couple of things to do that were timely. Then the 2 new TWEN item discoveries happened, especially our Toulan TWEN item, and my time blew up.

I got the 2 new TWEN items added to my TWEN Discoveries thread, and then contacted Yazuki to congratulate them. That's all I'm sharing for now. :)

Since my time off day didn't work out as intended, I am taking some time on Thursday. I have to ... the boss threatened punishment if I didn't. :onair

I may or may not check in ... depends on how serious I think the threat is. :nana

Also, for those who don't know, I am 4 hrs behind game time, so many of you are already well into your day before I'm even up.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Ok, yet another Wednesday that's supposed to be a day off for me didn't go as planned. That's because Shadow and I were working feverishly to finish the March magazine issue so we could publish it ... mission accomplished.

Therefore, I am taking Thursday off to enjoy some downtime. I know Ant is probably doing the happy dance right now because trying to get me to take downtime is like trying to get him to take downtime, although I think he's better at it than I am ... just ask Kendra, she preaches occasional downtime, but that's a good thing ... even if it falls on deaf ears at times ... she's a gem. 💜

Have a great day on Thursday and I'll catch up with you on Friday. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just a heads up that I'm taking downtime today. Not sure I'll be logging into the game, but if anyone needs me you can leave me a message on our VS Discord.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just a heads up that I am taking Wednesday, May 24th off ... I'll be checking the forum and our VS Discord for any messages that might be urgent, but that's it.

If you have questions, see if ShadowDragonV or anyone else in the community can assist.

Have a great Wednesday. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just a heads up that I am taking Tuesday, June 6th off ... I'll be checking the forum and our VS Discord for any messages that might be urgent, but that's it.

If you have questions, see if ShadowDragonV or anyone else in the community can assist.

Have a great Tuesday. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just a heads up that I am going to be out for the afternoon today (Wednesday, June 21st). Depending on how the afternoon goes, I may or may not check in with you guys later this evening, but if not, then I'll catch you on Thursday.

Reminder, the Toulan Monthly Event is this weekend.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just a heads up that I'm going to take some time for myself this afternoon, so I won't be in the game at all, but I'll check in with everyone tomorrow (Tuesday) to see how things are going.

For those who celebrate it ... Happy 4th of July tomorrow too. 🥳

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just a heads up that I am taking some time off today but will check in on the forum and our VS Discord.

Have a grand day. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I'm going to be taking a full day off tomorrow (Wed, Jul 26th), so I won't be logging into the game ... I'll be checking the forum though and our VS Discord just in case I need to address something, otherwise ... I'll catch up with you all on Thursday. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Heads Up ... it was a last minute decision but I'm taking today off, so I won't be in the game. If you absolutely need me for anything you can leave me a message on our VS Discord, or check with ShadowDragonV to see if she might be able to help.

See you on Sunday.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just a heads up that once again we are facing a Tropical Storm in the Gulf of Mexico that is expected to be updated to Hurricane Idalia with winds as high as 120mph early Wed morning (my time - I am 4 hrs behind game time), and with a potential (nasty) storm surge. Crusher was quick to tell me that there will also be a full moon which means high tide, expected Wed morning I think. 😱

At present (just after 7pm Mon night my time) it looks like the SE edge of the hurricane path is slightly NW of where I am, but that doesn't put me out of danger. We will still experience some nasty effects from this soon-to-be hurricane.

They are indicating that they are expecting power outages, even in my area, so I may not be available over the next several days or longer depending on how this all goes. I'm on the ground floor, my brother tells me to keep an eye on the parking lot for water accumulation, and I am already breathing in a paper bag. There is the potential for a 4-7 ft surge and I am maybe a little under 2 miles from the bay.

I will keep everyone updated as much as possible as we go through the next several days.

I've lived in this community for 20 yrs and only once did I lose power for 2 days, and never flooded to the point it came into the buildings ... we've been very fortunate in our location, but with the increased climate changes, we can see major alterations in our weather patterns across the US ... the water temperature in my area right not is 89F ... bath water? hot tub water? ... it feeds hurricanes. California had their first hurricane last week, this is not normal.

Ok, I'm out before I need a larger paper bag to breathe in ... I'll check in on Tuesday.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE ... according to the weather service, it will start raining in my area about 2pm (a little over 4 hrs from now), and then the nasty stuff is due to start at midnight and into tomorrow. It's a wait and see how it all plays out over the next few days and whether I'll lose power or not. Also if there's any flooding.

I'll update from my phone the best I can.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Just a quick update ... it was reported that the hurricane has shifted a bit to the left (West) ... that's good news.

I have a phone app from The Weather Channel specifically related to my area and I can see the forecast hourly for days with details like wind speed, rainfall amount, whether it's just raining, showers, thunderstorms or heavy thunderstorms.

So far, the heavy thunderstorms will be between 11pm - 3am my time, then straight thunderstorms until 7pm Wed night before it's just showers and rain. It shows that the wind speed will not rise above 26mph in my area with minimal rain accumulation.

Now, where the potential bad stuff comes in is if we lose power, but I've been through a lot of heavy thunderstorms and tropical storm/hurricane conditions the last 20 yrs, and only lost power once for 2 days, or a quick off and on.

The other thing is, to watch for any potential flooding. I am only 5 ft above sea level and I would rather not have to be a victim of a raft rescue. :oops

I'll check in on Wed.

Top Bottom