DSEC9 | Final Map Section | Road to the Reveal

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Monday Write-Up #12 - Pinthas Response

DSEC9-Reveal-12a-082222.png DSEC9-Reveal-12b-082222.png DSEC9-Reveal-12c-082222.png DSEC9-Reveal-12d-082222.png

I wonder if my mind is playing tricks on me. When I look at the entrance to the mountain in the photo, I think I see a face looking back at me, almost saying, “I have been waiting for you, where have you been.” I know that at some point I will have to figure out how to enter the mountain and explore this area. It was said that the mountain environment is vast, so I'm not necessarily expecting the narrower tunnels and caves like the underground at Monria, but something more expansive and engaging. I'm ready to discover whatever paths are waiting for us to start this adventure.

I would love to find a map of the area somewhere. Perhaps there is an old parchment in the church for me to locate, but who knows. Eventually some explorer will map out what should eventually turn out to be an interior cavern system and a journey to somewhere. Maybe even to the other side of the mountain, or a dimensional portal to another area not yet discovered, or better yet rediscovered.

However, I am not banking on any of these at this point in time because I'm sure Decca wants to hold us hostage to suffer whatever evil she will throw our way. I am not sure what we will find, but navigating through the mountain to discover what awaits us will nevertheless be a test of our resolve to say the least.

If the extremist rogue scientists are still experimenting, perhaps this is where they have all come. I can only imagine what creature abominations they have attempted to create. Also, how long have they been here, and how deep is their association with Decca.

I have so many questions and can’t wait to get closer to engage them, but first we must find the way into the mountain. Is there a set protocol to gain access to the area and open the doors? I feel that the church and the Elder Gods Shrine are key. I just hope we will be prepared for what is to be unleashed. We need to not underestimate Decca and the resolve of her minions such as K’Tan. Strengthen your minds and wits for we are about to find out what ancient secrets lie within the inner sanctum.

I remember K’Tan speaking to me for just a fragment of a memory:

"As I looked into his dark soul, I was changed and transformed into this horrible creature; no longer living and never dying. I was searching for understanding within this cult and trying to find out what they were up to when I began to embrace what they were trying to accomplish. However, I was manipulated and trained to “learn about Cthulhu.”

My memory fades at this point, but I believe it has a significant meaning in the greater scheme of things, and certainly relevant to what we are about to encounter.

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Looks like Hally has been reading or at least skimming "At the Mountains of Madness" ... our "Mountain of Madness" has quite the different terrain than Lovecraft's, but then it was Lovecraft who encouraged writers to expand upon his work and create their own stories, which is what we've done. What's inside the vast interior of our "Mountain of Madness" is something for everyone to explore. Next week when I do my final Monday Write-Up, it's of something inside the mountain and there will be 6 photos with a bit of a teaser if you spot it.

I'm on the excitement train too Hally, and can't wait to jump in myself, but more excited for you guys to get in there. :p

Read in the past, skimmed a page about it today, trying to brush off, and i love how the cthulhu mythos is encouraged to be expanded and enterpreted, but it makes it hard to keep a grasp on, most of my exposure last 15 years is pop culture and some roleplaying, so ya it all gets a bit fuzzy

sahel

Wait, an outside bath? 🤨 ... have another look my friend, it's a grave ... although if you'd like to take a public bath, that's your call. :p
I bet it's the grave the Necronomicon was found in, which is why they are rebuilding the town here.

Sigh... you are right, this makes much more sense and I see it now! I was thinking of a certain passage in the books about a bath that threw me off.

Still bringing the mankini though :cool:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

Road-To-The-Reveal-13-082922.png

break-c.png
It seems we have come to the point of being able to see for ourselves just what awaits us in the final map section at DSEC9, because DEC and his DEC-CAM 9 not only found a way across the great divide, but was also able to find a way inside the mountain. After traversing through a vast number of large caverns, and despite being curious about activities along the way, an intriguing structure at the end of the mountain trail loomed ominous and rather mysterious. Unfortunately, the DEC-CAM 9 was unable to enter the Pyramid, so it looks like we're going to have to figure this one out on our own.

Throughout history, the Pyramid (triangle) has represented important trinities, and there's one that I am certain will be at play here should we engage ... life, death, rebirth ... but how that occurs is yet to be discovered.

Historically, the Pyramids are still shrouded in mystery as to how they were built with near-to-perfect geometric design. Some say it was aliens who played a role in their existence, and while it is said that a Pyramid is sacred and represents strength, the apex at the top of the Pyramid seems to have been a means of following the stars and reaching outer worlds. This Pyramid is inside an enormous mountain range where stars are nowhere to be seen, so what is its main purpose, what is its strength ... what is it protecting?

Let's not forget that the ancients used hieroglyphics to document their history, and if it wasn't for the Rosetta Stone, we still may not have been able to reveal their mysteries. I don't know about you, but in the photos below, I detect stone indentations on the Pyramid, as well as some unique inscriptions in the square border of gold. Is there a mystery here to unravel? Will we need our own Rosetta Stone?

An old Arab proverb says ... "Man fears time, but time fears the pyramids.”
break-c.png

(click on the photos to see a larger size)​
DSEC9-Reveal-13a-082922.png
DSEC9-Reveal-13b-082922.png
DSEC9-Reveal-13c-082922.png
DSEC9-Reveal-13d-082922.png
DSEC9-Reveal-13e-082922.png
DSEC9-Reveal-13f-082922.png
break-c.png
DISCLAIMER
All content is in development and subject to change. Specifically, photos shared may end up looking differently due to movement of assets and tweaking of lore. Oh, and ... we absolve ourselves of any deaths occurring from introduced or perceived horrors.
break-c.png

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
Almost looks like big something is trying to punch its way inside.
What is that? A leg of some creature i see?
Was the Dec cam fooled or data altered. It could not get inside yet it has a picture from the inside ;)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Was the Dec cam fooled or data altered. It could not get inside yet it has a picture from the inside ;)

The Pyramid is inside the mountain range at the end of multiple vast caverns, and all photos are of the outside of the Pyramid, including the last one where you caught the teaser ... oh, but the gold border (2nd last photo) I believe is from inside the Pyramid.

If you look at last Monday's photos, one of the big doors (left side) leading into the inner mountain range is slightly open and enough for a person or even the DEC-CAM 9 to go through. :p

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Have fun, catch up with everyone later, I need some sleep now, it's going on 3am for me. :hi

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Hmmm even if thers a distinct lack of penguins, this is quite interresting, so we do a thing to enter the caverns, fight tru those. to get to the pyradmid, gets inside pyramid, and do a thing, like fight the thing thats contained, to unlock the thing that we want to get our hands on ? Hmmm supposed it could be deccas hideout ? maybe decca isnt quite what we might have thought ? hmm guess we will know soon enought ;p

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member

It does very much look like the leg of a shub, or maybe some other hoofed creature from the nightmares of men :)

Coilshot

Yup the 2nd to last has to be from inside, looking up. The last photo on lower left has some gold and green mystic smoke like activity going on. And on the lower right there appears to be little green stones, could these be Zoldenite stones to be picked up much like brukite, kalden, nissit and fruit. Oh Fruit... would this mean there might be a new trippy fruit....? How about a new ore for miners to dig up, that is needed to enter the pyramid...?

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Monday Write-Up #13 - Pinthas Response

DSEC9-Reveal-13a-082922.png DSEC9-Reveal-13b-082922.png DSEC9-Reveal-13c-082922.png DSEC9-Reveal-13d-082922.png DSEC9-Reveal-13e-082922.png DSEC9-Reveal-13f-082922.png

As we continue our journey into the Mountain of Madness, I realize that there is more to discover and more to understand. Gaining access to information that will help us to unravel the mysteries is paramount to defeating Decca. I somehow believe I already know this language, as I had once been awakened by K’Tan and Decca which gave me back some of my memories, one of which was an understanding of an ancient tongue. The words come to me and I interpret them as follows:

Excerpt from - Tales from the Deep

prophecy ph'nglui necronomicus ymg' ah mgepmgah'n'ghft

mgepogg ng n'ghft ymg' ah concealed

ymg' bugnah path hup eons gone

l' nafl'fhtagn ehye ephaii reborn

"Prophecy in necronomicus is yours revealed
Depths and darkness are yours concealed
Walk your path from eons gone
To remember once again reborn."

I am an Elder God.

My name is Kthanid, Leader of all Elder Gods.

I am the twin brother of Cthulhu.

I was the one who was instrumental in placing Cthulhu in his death-like slumber.

I am fearful of an escalation at the hands of Decca and K'Tan, and it is most important that Monria and its allies be prepared for any retribution as we enter this new realm.

We must fight back. (C' ahnythor mgehye'bthnk back)

Kthanid.png

Kthanid -- (aka Pinthas)

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Ive had such a nice time exploring this all, man its some good stuff, im still hoverver confused about the water :)

Top Bottom