DSEC9 | Final Map Section | Road to the Reveal

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Pinthas plays a very important role in the protection of Monria and its future existence. His sacrifices at the hands of K'Tan and Decca are testament to what he will endure to support fighting and evading the evil darkness that we seem to be ever more faced with, and ... since Decca hasn't been so successful at regaining control of Monria, she's taking the fight to another dimension.

Pinthas is one of four Elder Gods, and despite discovering who he is (Kthanid, Cthulhu's twin brother), he continues to be resistant against the attempts from K'Tan and Decca to get him to participate in the ritual to awaken Cthulhu from his death-like sleep. You see, prior to Pinthas repressing memories, he learned about the devastating darkness at the hands of K'Tan and Decca, directed by Cthulhu, and why it was he alone who put his twin brother in his current death-like sleep in the City of R'lyeh which is now at the core of Monria.

Following is a chapter from Tales from the Deep, the 5th book in the Monria lore series where he shares his encounters with K'Tan and the effort to recover his memories. The more you understand about Monria lore, the more you'll understand the direct connection with what's going on at the final map section at DSEC9. It will also give you a glimpse into what K'Tan and Decca are capable of in their attempts to regain control of Monria.
break-c.png
CH 6 | Deja Vu

I was in a town that seemed to remind me of a place that I had been before, and while not knowing where it was, it felt all too familiar to me. Its appearance was that of an older town, and my focus was on one specific building that K'Tan continued walking towards. It was a church. K'Tan urged me to walk inside the church. I figured that if I was to regain my memories, I had no reason not to trust that his attempt to bring those memories back was his way of helping me.

Follow me inside and more of your past will be revealed to you," K'Tan said.

As I entered the church, there was an odd sense that I had been there before. The environment seemed to stimulate a memory that perhaps I was somehow involved in some way in the past. He led me into an inner sanctuary where there was much more ornamentation than I had expected to see in this ordinary church. There were other hooded Cultists chanting in a circle. Candles everywhere gave an ambient glow to the chamber. In the center of the circle there were markings on the floor, and one hooded figure addressing the rest. The chanting would sometimes reach an harmonic pitch, and at other times would soften to a melodious and intoxicating sound that even I found myself drawn to. K’Tan walked to the center of the room where he mimicked, matched and merged with the hooded figure in the center of the circle.

Come, come” he said. “Join me, join me in the center of the circle. Merge, merge with me. Stand here next to me, and you will see where you are, and who you are. Come, come,” he feverishly beckoned.

He reached his hand out and with a vice-like grip, grabbed my hand and pulled me with great strength into the center of the circle with him. In moments, I was merged with him, and was experiencing everything he experienced simultaneously. It seemed he was attempting to reveal things to me, but this seemed a very strange way of doing so. I had no choice, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to resist, because as the moments passed, the experience seemed to have an even more mesmerizing grasp on my soul.

The chanting surged through my body in a way that I had never experienced before, and felt as if it was completing something that was missing. The rise and fall of the tones vibrated every nerve ending in complete harmony. Moments later, I began to experience what K’Tan wanted me to see and feel, as if I was part of this ritual, controlling this ritual, as well as performing this ritual. Words and thoughts in a foreign language started to appear inside my mind. Slowly at first, but this foreign language that I had never known, all of a sudden started to become familiar to me.

Sounds and tones and clicks that I could never even dream of speaking, became a natural part of my understanding and were coming out of my mouth. This language in that moment became my own. More and more I was speaking, chanting and calling out to the group. The tone of the chamber began to increase in sound, intensity and resonance. The harmonics in the room was reaching a fever pitch. I started to emanate a glow in the merger with K’Tan, and the glow became a greenish hue, which was not unfamiliar to me from the other visions that I had experienced. The glow increased in intensity and spread out beyond us where it could be seen that beams of this intense glow reached the others that linked us all together in this ritual. I sensed it was not only a biological event, but also one of an energy form and source. Psionic bonds of mind and body.

I knew without a doubt that K’Tan was orchestrating, guiding and controlling the ritual. However, he released me from his control to continue performing this ritual on my own, as if I had passed some kind of training exercise and was ready to take my rightful place, whatever that was. I still was not sure in all of this who I was or where I was, or what my purpose was. I only had a feeling of familiarity, but no clear memories. K'Tan had disappeared, leaving me on my own to continue this ritual, yet I still had no understanding of what the end result was to be. Even so, I was incredibly drawn to continue to see what would happen.

Moments later, I sensed myself shifting. I was rising above myself, outside of my body, and I was no longer in the chamber. I was now above the town and moving further into space. It was not unlike the experience I felt when K'Tan brought me to where he was, but instead of him controlling this movement, I was. The universe was now moving around me. The strands of greenish rays that linked me with the other Cultists were still there, reaching out to each Cultist present in that chamber before this movement began. Wherever I was going, they were coming with me. I was now the power navigating this experience. I didn't know where we were going, but it felt natural. Time had no relevance, just the movement, and peaceful travel through space.

We had arrived at the destination. It felt familiar, but I couldn't place the familiarity with any reference to any knowledge that I have, or that I might have had in the past. It was another chamber, which seems to be the preferred meeting place no matter what location. Traveling through space and bringing the other Cultists with me felt physically real, but if I rose above my body to began this excursion, was it real, or are we participants in a mind-controlled transportation across space and time?

The Cultists were suddenly released from the greenish rays and started to move about. I wondered just how far a distance we traveled to get here, even though it felt just like moments, and how is it not only possible that this technology exists, but that I was performing this procedure myself. Are these latent skills, or skills I actually used in the past? This is why it's important for me to regain my memories.

My being able to apply these skills simply through mind control escapes any past experience or memory. My thought process was interrupted when I realized that K'Tan had been waiting for me. Somehow it seemed a given that he would be here, but I still question the elements of the process. There's something missing for me. How is all of this done, and especially, how am I able to do it.

Even though it appeared that I was the one in control of this transportation, it still felt manipulated because I don't have the knowledge of how it's done. The Cultists walked away with determination, as if they had a predestined mission. It didn't take long for them to be out of view. It was just K'Tan and myself now, and the strange grin on his face gives me the feeling that he of course knew exactly what was happening, and perhaps even knew what I was thinking.

"I assume you are wondering why you are here and the method in which you and the Cultists arrived. I also assume that you are questioning whether it was you controlling the movement through space and time, and if so, how you even have the ability to do so," K'Tan said.

Well if you have to ask, then I assume you know the answer and are planning on explaining all of this to me,” I replied.

First, let me make sure you understand one thing," K'Tan began. "You are who you are and there’s no changing who you are. You may take the shape of someone else at times, and you may even decide to be someone else at times, but at the end of the day, you are who you are, and you will come to realize that you are older than you might think you are. We call you one of the Elder Ones. Your name is not important at this time, but that too will be revealed when necessary. Although Elder Ones still exist, many of them are still asleep, but slowly starting to stir. Over time, you disappeared. Somehow, you have been able to remain hidden within this human body for millennia without being found, but in the process, have forgotten who and what you are. We have spent a great deal of time and effort to find you Pinthas, and it took certain acts of accidental discovery to do so because your disguise was so blending that until now, we were unable to identify you. There is now an opportunity to bring you back to your reality."

"Well, if I chose to hide myself, there must have been a damn good reason why I did. Perhaps the memory lapse was somehow intentional because I didn't like who I was or what was happening," I responded.

"Regardless of what your personal decisions were to do so," K'Tan replied, "that no longer matters. We have a mission to accomplish and you need to be a part of it whether you agree with it or not. The mission is to awaken our beloved Cthulhu, and you play a major role in making this happen," he stated almost with disdain that it was me needing to be involved in this process instead of him.

K'Tan continued to look at me with determined intention, and while I was beginning to feel a need to resist, I not only knew it would be futile, but I also wanted to continue with restoring my memories.

"Well then, get on with it," I said in an impatient manner. "What more do you need me to do to complete this transformation so that I have my memories back and can be who you say I am?"

"We are getting the ritual ready momentarily," K'Tan responded, "and once we complete the ritual, you will remember who you are and what you are, as well as your purpose. I believe that you will also no longer have any concern for your fellow Monrians. You will realize that they are trespassing and wasting our time. I fully expect that once you come to this realization, one of the first things that you will do is go back to Monria and wipe their pitiful existence off our moon. We have also instructed the Yogs to continue digging deeper into the caves and caverns in search of crucial information that some of our associates have hidden there that we will need in order to perform the Cthulhu awakening ritual."

"What happens after I am transformed and recall my memories but still decide that I don't want to assist in this awakening because you haven't convinced me that the humans on Monria are our enemy and trespassing on what you are calling your domain? What if all of this backfires on you," I asked.

"I have no concern for your beliefs," K'Tan began, "nor your attempt to convince me that you actually have control over who you are, what you say or what you do. You are who you are and you will do what you need to do. If I need to talk to our leader Decca, I am sure she will convince you one way or another."

In the moment that K'Tan mentioned the name Decca, it triggered a feeling that I know this name, that I know Decca and am familiar with her. I just couldn't place her but I know that she is important to me. True memories seemed just out of reach and I was straining to grab them. I needed to connect with who she was and why her presence in the past was so important to me. There was no question that I needed to go through this transformation ritual in order to regain my memories.

My thoughts were once again interrupted when the Cultists re-entered the chamber. They formed a circle around me, each spaced at a 4 to 6 foot equidistance. They each held an item in their hand extended in front of them that looked like a rune inscribed with the language I had just learned was the original language of ancestors. A language that I once again understand. It appeared that the required ritual to transform me and bring back my memories was about to commence. I felt an urgency to gain control and do this on my own terms. I was concerned that if K'Tan was still in control, I would not be able to keep my current form and would lose who I currently was, and not able to fulfill my true purpose as I see it -- to keep the inhabitants of Monria safe.
break-c.png
There's no room to underestimate potential dangers and the madness that Decca and K'Tan are capable of ...

sahel

Is Decca for some reason rebuilding the old town of Teaksbury, where the first church Decca claimed was built and where the original Crimson Manor with the strange green terrarium was located?

"Decca and her evil Cultists are advancing their efforts to put a plan in place to use the Necronomicon and dark magic incantations to try to awaken Cthulhu. Her attempts over time failed because she needs Pinthas, along with Priests to perform the ritual incantation"

She needs Pinthas, so maybe it is an attempt to somehow let Pinthas work for them.
Or she found a workaround, not needing Pinthas anymore because...

Who was the robed figure greeting the ones that drank the green liquid in the green terrarium in the Crimson Manor?

I can imagine a lot of scenarios from here on. We shoud be weary of any attempt to divide our ranks. I'm afraid she for instance might even suggest a peace treaty to divide us.

EDIT: above post was added while I wrote this entry, I didn't take that info into account.

Sith Meister

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
DSEC9-Reveal-7c-071822.png

If that is a pub I am there. No matter what evil and horrible things happen, if they are open and serving alcohol and cookies I am there. I bet we could fill the pub. The purple moon will allow us to stay up all night (we have guns to protect us). We may need some kind of magical protection or just big guns lol.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I love your responses Sahel, and they fit the moments that are being revealed quite nicely. As we move forward in the Road to the Reveal, more will come to light that I'm sure will inspire critical thinking about what's going on here. :thumbsup

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
SITH ... that is brilliant, just love your response too, this is what I've been waiting for all along, but as more is revealed on the path to the next VU, I'm sure that you guys will have more to share in what your observations are from the new photos and lore/clues. :p

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

Road-To-The-Reveal-8-072522.png

break-c.png
Well now, the village is growing, and it appears that activity might basically center around what looks like an establishment that serves up something or other to the villagers, but what. The village is located not far from the waterfall and river, so this might mean that it's a very valuable resource for perhaps many things. We already know that they use water in a not-so beneficial function ... for us at least.

The Stonehenge reference that Little Star made regarding a previous photo looks like it has become more prominent, so what do you think that it might be? It's at the edge of the village, but something that looks that prehistoric might be a means to an end, we can't put anything past Decca.

I'll let you speculate about it all, but leave you with this ... there's something missing.
break-c.png
DSEC9-Reveal-8-072522.png
break-c.png
DISCLAIMER
All content is in development and subject to change. Specifically, photos shared may end up looking differently due to movement of assets and tweaking of lore. Oh, and ... we absolve ourselves of any deaths occurring from introduced or perceived horrors.
break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I love my job. It's full of intrigue, mysteries, secrets and adventures, but it's also not without risk and danger. There's potential for a decision to be a wrong one, and if there's anything I've learned so far, things aren't always what they seem. Also, the information I have gained from the discovered ancient journal in what was called the West Crater at the time (now DSEC Military Camp), leads me to believe that there are definitely dark forces on Monria and beyond that we will have to continue dealing with, but there is so much more to learn because I am nowhere near done reading the journal. I've been caught up in important work and time has been limited.

Perhaps it would help to learn why there have been times that I have mentioned that Dark Moon Enigma is more than a name, but the reason has never been revealed. In 3015 (2018), while I was investigating the Kipling/Core connection, there were revelations that were shocking to me, and I have yet to explore them further ... perhaps it's time.

I have added my Closing Comments at the end of the following shared lore from Book #4.
break-c.png
SUMMARY
Gothgorath (Goth) was on the inside of the Cult of Shut'thend and working with me as an operative reporting their activities and any potential uprising against the Monria community. He has yet to reveal his story to me and why he wants to help Monria. Core came to light when he brought a parchment paper to me from the then West Crater with a Rudyard Kipling poem on it. Research on that produced some interesting results, but it was at the point where I was beginning to question the reality of it all. Up to this point, it seemed that Core was dead based on evidence, but apparently not.

Jennifer is the lead tech at the DSEC Forensics lab, and as a result of having had some strange encounters with her, I have to maintain composure at all costs because it is feared that she is a Cultist convert. Colonel Mitchell is military and way too close to Jennifer. Narissa Thompson was an original member of the Deep Space Extraction Corporation (DSEC) Security Team and presumed dead after her encounter when the team was thought lost and unable to be reached. General Winslow Anderson used to head up the Intergalactic Space Mission Agency (ISMA) on Earth before he took over as head of the Monria military operations. Colonel Wang leads the Monria Military TopOps Team Division.

Now that we have characters sorted (I think), let's begin ... it's so nice to be able to get community members engaged in lore. Keep in mind that when I share these segments, it's to give you at least partial history of what's been happening with regards to our fight with Decca and the Cultists, and perhaps a glimpse into what we may encounter going forward ... nothing is for certain.
break-c.png
Ch 6 | The Return of Core ... from the Kipling/Core Connection (Book #4) ... written by Dark Moon Enigma

With Christmas decorating done at both the research office and the penthouse, and knowing the community is doing fine right now, I headed back to the research office to see if I could make a dent in other work. It was going well until I needed to get something from one of the file cabinets. As I rose from my chair at the desk, Core walked into my office. As I stood there in shock (I'm sure with a dropped jaw) I was also fearful. Until this moment, I wasn't sure if he was still alive or not. Apparently he is, but in what state. This should be an interesting conversation, but the question is, will he corroborate what Jennifer has shared with me, or will this go in a different direction? Without empirical evidence of anything I'm being told by either, is there one to trust over the other?
break-c.png

Core-DME-ResearchArchives.PNG

"Core," I said, "I'm surprised to see you. I'm sure you can probably understand my confusion right now." Core hesitated in the office doorway for a moment, not sure whether to enter, and just stared at me. It made me uncomfortable and hesitant myself as to whether or not I should engage him in conversation not knowing whether he is a Cultist convert as well and able to do what Jennifer does with the Maladrite Elixir. There's an immense intensity in the air right now. "Core, have a seat please," I offered before sitting back down.

"Hello DME," he responded as he sat down, "nice to see you again. I'm just afraid that Jennifer will come back when she finds me missing. I escaped from a hidden location in the Cultist caves with the help of Narissa Thompson, and you were the only one I could talk to about my ordeal with Jennifer and the Cultists."

Do I buy this and not think it's yet another attempt at trying to find out if I have some knowledge about the missing ancient journal, or do I tread lightly to prevent one more potentially dangerous situation if in fact Core is a Cultist convert? I'm not even sure anymore whether the Kipling story is true or not, or whether this was an elaborate and well-orchestrated attempt using the plausibility of Kipling's son ending up on Monria during a possible UFO abduction in World War I. One way or another, I'm hoping I can make some sense out of this, and soon.

Wait, what? Narissa Thompson is still alive from the original exploration team?

Last time I saw Core, he was lying dead on the Monria Hub stage. I had alerted Colonel Wang from the DSEC Military TopOps Division to investigate his death. It seemed so permanent given our advanced technology where death meant instant revival. This was different, and after I had received the second photo showing an entirely different death scene at the Monria Hub, I engaged someone from the DSEC Forensics Lab that I thought I could trust to lift any residue from the stage where Core was lying in some sort of green fluid. It seems I can't trust anyone from the forensics lab because I still haven't gotten a report on whether or not there was any residue to analyze.

I have a feeling that while Jennifer is at the lab I won't get any straight answers. She already said she supervised the removal of Core's body, so I guess I should surmise from that not to expect a report. Right now, I need to deal with Core.

"How did you connect with Narissa Thompson," I asked, "she's from the original DSEC exploration team and a member of DSEC Security, but she's been missing for quite a while, and assumed she didn't make it."

I didn't want to give away that I already knew about her circumstances and what she went through with the Cultists, but I genuinely didn't know what happened to her after she was found in a pool of that green liquid in the cave somewhere.

"She just showed up where I was being held hostage," he began, "and said that she could help get me out of there. She also told me to contact you to fill you in on what's been going on. If you have time, I'd like to bring you up-to-date. It's going to take a while, so is there a safer place in case Jennifer comes back here?"

"We're going to be ok here," I replied, "I'll activate the window shading and secure everything. By the way, how did you get into the facility, it was locked?"

"I will share that with you in due time DM," he responded, "but for now, I would like to share information with you that is vital to the survival of Monria."

A chill ran down my spine because this feels so familiar, so reminiscent of past experiences with Goth and putting things off until another time. I feel that this is going to be another one of those enlightening moments, and that's ok, as long as it all makes sense and I can determine what is truth and what is not.

"Where is Narissa now," I asked.

"I don't know," Core responded, "but she said that she will be getting in touch with you soon. She said she needed to take care of something first, but I don't know what that something is, she didn't share that with me."

"Ok, then tell me what you have been up to, especially with Jennifer, and why you're afraid of her coming back here if she discovers you are missing?"

I knew the answers to the questions, other than him being held hostage, which at this point makes more sense than anything else, but the Kipling/Core/Jennifer story has to be revealed in truth, and not just an extension of more lies to cover up what they might have been up to in order to gain access to the ancient journal.

"I have been involved in a covert operation," he began, "but not with Jennifer. We had to involve her unknowingly in order to advance with the operation."

My thoughts were racing like parts of a Rubiks Cube being twisted and turned in a race against time to connect the dots and bring everything into focus. I'm not sure this will happen though, because I am anticipating more twists and turns given the nature of Core's response. I have no guesses at this point.

"I don't know what to make of that Core," I responded, "so I won't even try, and I'll let you fill me in with the details. Windows have been shaded and center is on lockdown. If anyone buzzes at the front entrance, I won't respond."

Thing is, I'm still thinking about how Core was able to get into the facility, because I had it on lockdown before and had to buzz Jennifer into the center. There's no way he had time enough to catch the closing door on her way out without her seeing him, so I am stymied right now.

"Truth is," Core said, "I am an operative with ISMA and sent here on a mission to track the movement of the Cult of Shut'thend and their activities that still have major ties to Earth and other locations."

I have two questions. How did the Intergalactic Space Mission Agency get involved, and does General Winslow Anderson know about this? He headed up the ISMA on Earth before he took over the General's post on Monria where he is now directing the activities of the DSEC Military operation.

Oh, and ... who is "we" ...
break-c.png
Ch 7 | Secrets Revealed ... from the Kipling/Core Connection (Book #4) ... written by Dark Moon Enigma

The continued mysteries on Monria that have made it difficult to make relevant sense out of experiences thus far are beginning to give way to explanation. I'm not so sure though that these explanations will give us a more concise way in which to deal with the periodic uprisings, nor the behavior of the Cultists.

This exchange with Core is nothing less than jolting, but I fear I haven't heard the worst of it yet. I'll reserve my judgment as to why I wasn't aware of what's been going on, and why Core hasn't come forward before now.

"I have so many questions Core," I began, "and while I want to know everything at once, I'll start with one. Is the Kipling connection a valid one?"

"In a word," he responded, "no."

My first inclination was to show anger for the deception and all of the exhausting time spent following leads because of false information. However, first inclinations have the potential to facilitate a blindness to facts, especially in a situation that has become as volatile as this one. I can't wait to hear why this was sanctioned.

"I know you must be angered by the deception," he continued, "and I apologize for that on behalf of ISMA, but I will share what I can to explain the necessity of such."

There, he said it for me, I'm angry, but I'm choosing to keep a calm demeanor in the face of not knowing more at this point.

"So this was ISMA's doing," I asked, "and was General Anderson in on this?"

I'm not sure I wanted to know. General Anderson and I go way back. I did a lot of undercover operative work for him myself when he headed up ISMA, including the Covert Ops mission to Planet Cyrene. They were a planet in turmoil at the time and on military lockdown. Senator Calvin Neff had taken up a Senator position in a sector on Cyrene after serving as a Senator on Earth for many years.

The Senator felt that the Zekkonians were up to something and needed a covert operation to flush it out. However, during the mission it was learned from Zorra Winters, head of the Acacia Rebirth Corps (ARC), that her husband, the Supreme Commander, Will Winters, discovered a mind-control drink, and his goal was to have everyone on Cyrene under his control. There were those who were immune to it, including Zorra. A genocide was in progress at the time and it was a dire situation that needed immediate attention, and an antidote.

Unfortunately, I don't know the outcome of this fight against mind-control because after I shared the information with Senator Neff, I returned to planet Arkadia which was my home at the time. Shortly thereafter is when I got the offer for the position on Monria. Even though we are not on military lockdown, I find some parallels in our fight for survival, not to mention a very real mind-control element on the Moon that has potential to wipe out yet another colony, or render us completely helpless. I'm a bit beside myself right now, and concerned about what comes next.

"Yes DM," Core stated, "on both counts."

Not only am I swimming in fragmented thoughts, but feel betrayed. I just couldn't fathom that General Anderson wouldn't have shared all of this with me. We have experienced some hellish moments over the years, and enjoyed an unbreakable trust, so I am at odds to make any sense out of this whatsoever.

"ISMA designed the details of this covert operation," he continued, "under the leadership of General Anderson prior to him leaving the ISMA Headquarters on Earth and assuming his current position as General of the Monria DSEC Military operation. His departure from ISMA was intentional, and he was also instrumental in providing the job offer to you that brought you to Monria."

This isn't getting any better, and I am so stunned right now that I couldn't even tell you what kind of look I must be projecting. It was numbing, and the only thing I could do was remain focused on every word that Core was uttering because I will have to sort it all out after this is over.

"Before I go any further," Core said, "it's important for you to know that deceiving you was an incredibly difficult and stressful situation. However, in order for the operation to be successful in flushing out vital information, we needed you not to know so that your interactions with key operatives and those in question held a level of authenticity to the degree that the mission maintained total integrity."

I'm not sure whether that is any consolation or not, but I'll revisit that thought once I know more. There has to be more.

"I will tell you this," Core continued, "General Anderson has the utmost respect for you and your investigative abilities, but on this mission, you had to be led with a series of events that he knew would trigger your instincts. That's how well he said he knew you, and that he had no doubt that even blindly led, you would produce the desired results that would help us get to the bottom of what's happening on Monria. We still have a ways to go, but unforeseen incidents have occurred and your full presence and awareness is now required."

Oh yay, I get to play with the big boys now. Silent sarcasm is all I can afford in this moment, until I know the scope of this elaborate operation at my expense.

"What about Anhithe, Monria's CEO," I asked, "has he been in on this?"

"No DM," Core responded, "you and Ant had to be as natural as possible as a team and not raise any questions by those who were watching that could do harm. As I mentioned earlier, General Anderson intentionally relocated to Monria, not only to command DSEC's military operation, but to expand its defensive powers against the rising darkness on the Moon, and to protect you and the new colony."

So far I get that, but I don't understand yet why I couldn't have played an active role in this operation instead of led by unknown forces. I can't help but think that I could have been much more useful as an operative myself. If General Anderson has that much respect and trust in me, then this should have been a no-brainer.

"Needless to say, I'm stunned right now," I replied, "but I want to know as much as you can tell me so that this makes more sense to me please."

At this point, I don't know who I interacted with that was also in on this, and how my being a blind participant contributed to the advancement of security for Monria. I'm still wondering how he got into this facility while on lockdown.

"We all feel badly that your participation had to be led by calculated maneuvers," Core said, "but we felt the risk was minimal given that General Anderson had so much faith in your instincts to lead us in the right direction."

There's that we thing again. How many were involved, and how many will reveal themselves to me, or be revealed by Core or the General? I wonder if learning this information now will create a united front, or strain relationships.

"I have just one simple question in all of this Core," I responded, "who are the we in this operation?"

"General Anderson first and foremost," he began," because he has been following the movement and activities of the Cultists since their exodus from Earth. Once it was established that the exodus was to Monria, and that the previous colony was in jeopardy, the operation took on a whole new direction."

Wait, something isn't adding up here. How could General Anderson be following the Cultists since their exodus from Earth to Monria? That was in 2346 and this is 3015. That would make him 669 years old. This has so many implications that I don't know where to begin.
Thoughts and questions are coming far too fast, and I can't even imagine how all of this is going to be explained. I can see now that my next conversation with General Anderson is going to be one of, lay it all out on the table, or we're going to have issues. I have to feel beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am not being kept out of the loop anymore. He's going to have a difficult time of trying to convince me I should have been left out this round.

"General Anderson learned that Goth and I were not, how should I say, the usual or normal colony members," he began, "and that we were trying our best to help the human inhabitants of Monria, but were in desperate need of support."

"Are you and Goth not human," I asked, "and what about General Anderson since he seems to have aged quite well since the exodus of the Cultists from Earth?"

"We are not," he responded, "but before I reveal any more about that, it's important for you to understand a few other things first."

My thoughts have now become a blender of things I can't believe I'm thinking, but I now know how Core got into the building. I can only surmise that he and Goth are both aliens and original inhabitants of Monria before the invasion of the Moon by the Cultists and all of the other entities, including Cthulhu, but what about the General. Are Goth, Core and the General all mind readers, shapeshifters, able to move through solid objects, and who knows what else that I have yet to discover? If my thinking is correct, why did Core need to be rescued?

"While the current colony is doing well with defending Monria," he continued, "there is a rising evil from the dark that will try your resolve and continue being relentless in efforts to control the Moon and its human inhabitants. There is a frenetic energy at times that drive the Cultists to engage by any means necessary to make your existence a living hell, because their ultimate goal is to awaken Cthulhu."

"I'm doing my best not to feel incredibly manipulated right now," I said, "and terribly concerned about how this is going to work going forward. Now that I know what you have told me so far, which I'm sure is only the tip of the iceberg, I am finding it difficult to wrap my head around the impact this is going to have on relationships."

"Hopefully you will find it a comfort to learn that everyone involved was dedicated to protecting you, the colony, and Monria as a whole," he stated, "and they still are. There is no difference in their loyalty or mission to defend the Moon against the evil darkness that continues to rise. They are loyal allies in the preservation and survival of Monria."

"I'm going to surmise that Colonel Wang and his TopOps Team were involved as well," I replied, "so who else?"

"Yes," Core responded, "the off-Moon maneuvers during the St Patrick's Day encounter was intentional and devised to minimize any suspicion that there would be defensive forces in play. General Anderson and Colonel Wang coordinated their efforts with full confidence that Colonel Wang's TopOps Team would be able to take care of any intrusions."

Now I'm wondering about the supposed mole in the military ranks, and if Colonel Mitchell is also part of this whole sting operation. I'm sure Jennifer isn't part of it because she showed herself to me during our earlier conversation, so how is all of this connected, and are there any other community members that I should be aware of before interacting with them again?

"We have been able to guide this operation pretty successfully," Core continued, "and you have been quite instrumental in helping us get this far, even though you were unaware of the covert details. It all played out perfectly until Jennifer became suspicious of my interactions with her. Some things I was just not willing to do."

"I'm almost afraid to ask what they might be," I replied, "but I'd like to know how Jennifer is connected to all of this."

"It was easy for the Cultists to persuade Jennifer to join the dark side," Core began, "as she was tiring of her work without any significant promotions or rewards. She was expecting to move into the position you hold DM, and became angry when she was passed over. The Cultists are keen to who are loyalists and who are fence-sitting enough to make an attempt to draw them to the dark side. Jennifer was prime, so I had to play a role I wasn't too keen on doing in order to stay close and learn how the Cultists were using her."

Somehow, I don't think the entire complexity of this situation has come to light, nor the extent to which others have been engaged, but if I'm going to be actively involved now with this operation, I need to know everything. My next chat with Goth should be an interesting one too, so if you're tuned in Goth, get ready.

"DM," Core said, "Goth will speak with you when the time is right. We need to focus on a few other things before that happens."

Just as I suspected, Core can read my thoughts as well, so he and Goth must both be native inhabitants of Monria and quite alien. It concerns me that this mindreading takes place, but so far it has been more of a benefit than a hindrance. Now knowing of General Anderson's involvement, and how long he's been tracking the Cultists, I wonder if he reads minds too. If he can tap into my thoughts, what part did that play in the overall scheme of things that led to my discoveries?

"Do you and Goth do this mind-reading thing with anyone else," I asked, "and are none of my thoughts sacred?" At this point, I was becoming a bit annoyed.

"Of course DM," he responded, "but I'll share more about that another time."

"So how did the whole Kipling thing come about," I asked?

"Someone at ISMA is a huge Kipling fan," he began, "and came up with the idea of using one of Kipling's poems as a means to get your attention and to promote a storyline that would engage the Cultists. He based it on the WWI scenario related to Kipling's son John, because during the course of that time, there were reports of UFO sightings and would fit with the prospect that John could have been abducted and transported to Monria. The specific poem was also very relatable to one of the creatures on Monria as well, which helped to generate your curiosity."

"Quite the elaborate scheme," I replied, "but how did you know it would work?"

"Like I said," he continued, "General Anderson was emphatically confident that you would lead us in the right direction based on your instincts. He also knows more about you than you know about yourself, but we can't discuss that right now. Goth and I had to intervene at some level in order to protect you and the colony so that the same thing didn't happen to you like it did with the previous colony."

His words are fading as I take a moment to reflect on the timeline of events that have occurred since that poem on the parchment paper was brought to me by Core. Goth made himself known to me that very day as well. I am now beginning to feel like I've been under some kind of mind control, not knowing what is real or what has been orchestrated through me by others.

Have my decisions been mine, or the result of telepathic persuasion? I also keep hearing that others know me better than I know myself, and I have yet to find out exactly what that means. Also, that I will discover over time exactly what my purpose is for being on Monria. I'm hoping Core, Goth or the General will shed some light on this soon because I feel way too disoriented right now.

"We knew of the file cabinet and hidden journal," Core continued, "so we needed to flush that out and get it into your hands and away from the Cultists. If the Cultists found the ancient journal that we think has a clue to where the grimoire is, that could have been catastrophic to the Monria colony. The incantations alone can cause serious damage if they bring forth certain entities, but the dark spells that produce an even more evil consequence are irreversible. However, we didn't know where the journal was hidden, and hoped that you would make that discovery."

I am feeling an immense amount of responsibility, but why me, and why now? I don't know where this begins or how it will end. I just need answers to a lot of questions to help sort out where I go from here. The implications of what is being revealed right now is extremely broad, and has the potential of producing a very real corrosive dynamic if we don't keep it anchored. Despite the mounting confusion from all of this revealed information (if any of it is to be believed), and the ever-increasing level of questions in search of truth, I have one very important question that rises above them all now ...

Who am I, really ...
break-c.png
CLOSING COMMENTS

Through the continuing lore, we have learned that the Grimoire actually turned out to be the Necronomicon, and that it was found in an unmarked grave during one of our Halloween events by the Cultists and turned over to Decca. She then passed it on to Yog-Sothoth, and between them, they now have the means to conjure up some dark and evil chaos the likes of which we don't need.

As the reveal continues of the final map section at DSEC9, the questions continue to mount:
  • what is the plan that Decca and her Cultists have in store for us
  • everything that we have seen so far is connected in some way, are we savvy enough to figure that out
  • what level of preparedness do we need to protect ourselves
  • and the big question ... when and will I ever discover who I really am
If you're interested in finding out how this segment in history turned out, and what my continuing discussions with General Anderson revealed, then have a look at Book #4 -- The Kipling/Core Connection -- this story has yet to be finished, and I will be writing Book #6 that will lead to our current status as a colony, and will include Monria's connection to DSEC-9 and Toulan.

Monria has very rich and evolving lore, and as we move forward, much more will be written ... who else in our community will get caught up in this continuing saga, and what, or who else will be revealed?

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Monday Write-Up #8 - Pinthas Response

DSEC9-Reveal-8-072522.png

Has anyone ever asked? “Who is DME?” She appeared almost 7 years ago and took up the community leadership role on Monria and performs her responsibilities without fail. She is always there, whether it's engaged with the community, or in the background, she is aware. You can always reach out to her and somehow she knows what to do and what you need. Where was she before all of this, hmm?

I have been in contact with a few other Monria community members who are also aware of where she's been and who she is, namely General Winslow Anderson, Colonel Wang and Gothgorath, but we can't share any of this information with her yet. It's important that she make a gradual transition so that she has a full understanding of what was and what's to come.

We have been discussing concerns related to DME and her safety until her past is revealed. However, she has an innate ability to draw from the raw energy of Monria, and now beyond. She is involved in all Monria and Toulan info streams, and DSEC-9 now seems to be a further level of darkness linking the three locations from a deeper source.

As you can see in this recent image, there is more happening in this area that is being revealed. Such a small village that gives rise to so many questions. I believe I know deep down what is going on here, but I dare not say. I fear that Decca is planning something truly evil and I am deeply concerned for DME. We need to remain focused on the mission at hand and be prepared for any signs that come our way so we can act upon them without hesitation.

To all who see this: Keep an eye on DME, as things are not what they seem. I can tell you that knowing her past and memories that she has yet to recover (much like what I went through), she will need all the support you can spare. The day is coming when all will be revealed, and her understanding of the past will be of benefit not only to her in the effort to protect Monria and now sister locations, but also to herself in finding a peace that brings unity.

Now is not the time to falter.

sahel

... there's something missing.

The most obvious thing I don't see are inhabitants. Who is supposed to live here?

The stonehenge like structure reminds me a bit of the description of the circles the cultists use when they perform their "interdimensional transportation ritual" (by lack of a better description).

Last edited:

sahel

Reading back your previous conversations with Core I can't help but notice he starts out referring to you as DME, and later abbreviates this to DM as he reveals things, omitting the Enigma part of your full name. I would take notice whenever someone does this as it might give you a hint about the knowledge someone has about you. It might also just be coincidence ofcourse :tinfoilhat: and :shifty-eyes: ...

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Reading back your previous conversations with Core I can't help but notice he starts out referring to you as DME, and later abbreviates this to DM as he reveals things, omitting the Enigma part of your full name. I would take notice whenever someone does this as it might give you a hint about the knowledge someone has about you. It might also just be coincidence of course :tinfoilhat: and :shifty-eyes: ...

Nice observation :thumbsup ... when someone says - not all is what it seems - believe them. :wink

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

Road-To-The-Reveal-9-080122.png

break-c.png
More views of the village with ancient-looking structures, and a curiosity about what they're used for, except for one or two where it's pretty obvious. However, when looking at the photos closely, questions arise as to some of the surrounding content.

I can tell you this much ... what does seem to also be clear is that Decca appears to be replicating the town of Teaksbury in some form or fashion, so Sahel may be right, even though the area is referred to as Larches Green. If so, then this concerns me because of the incident that took place at St Edwards Church when it was discovered that the results of the authentication of the documents that Decca presented of her family owning the church for centuries was going to be announced. (see the next post for details)

One thing is certain though, the rise in Cultist behavior at that time became a global phenomenon, and incidents were transforming otherwise normal townsfolk into unrecognizable impressions of themselves. They seemed to have had no control when it came to cognitive functions. There was definitely something brewing, as I think there is now.

We have experienced a continuation of incidents that keep us fully engaged in a fight to maintain control of Monria against a sleeping yet telepathically-effective Cthulhu. Monria creatures try us, and we have been victorious, but what concerns me more intensely is the rise in Cultist activities on the Moon. I mention Monria a lot, but we have to be conscious of the fact that this is a village being built at Monria's expanded dimension, and DEC was not able to gain full control of the final map section at DSEC-9. Therefore, the recon with his technically-advanced DEC-CAM 9 drone to capture as much footage as possible to give us even a small clue as to what is going on.

I fear that the Cultists have associates who may be recruiting through a means of unsuspecting initiatives. Meaning, a stealth mind-control function that catches someone off guard and draws them in so quickly that there's no defense. For all we know, there could be a tertiary cult being groomed to aid the Cultists in future battles.

This would not be good, and if this were the case and we continue to lose members of our community to this undermining activity, then I also fear that we will find ourselves fighting more than physical battles.

I am going to propose that we sort out the following:
  • continue revealing the history of the Cultists
  • what current beliefs and goals do they have
  • how do they express their beliefs and gain what they want
  • what are their current activities
  • what is the true reason for expanding membership, if in fact this is what they're attempting to do
  • what Gods do they worship that have influence over them
  • what resources do they have available to them
  • and most importantly ... how can we keep them from becoming a more escalated threat
This village is a lure, there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever, and I feel we have only scratched the surface with what might be going on in this section of DSEC9 where we are at a disadvantage to stopping it.

Always keep in mind that ... Decca's actions are a means to an end ... our end.
break-c.png

(click on photos to see larger size)​
DSEC9-Reveal-9a-080122.png
DSEC9-Reveal-9b-080122.png
DSEC9-Reveal-9c-080122.png

DSEC9-Reveal-9d-080122.png
DSEC9-Reveal-9e-080122.png
DSEC9-Reveal-9f-080122.png
break-c.png
DISCLAIMER
All content is in development and subject to change. Specifically, photos shared may end up looking differently due to movement of assets and tweaking of lore. Oh, and ... we absolve ourselves of any deaths occurring from introduced or perceived horrors.
break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I am sharing the following from Monrian lore Book #2 Historical Data | Journal Entries to give you an idea of what took place at the church when the results announcement of the authenticity of Decca's documents of her family proving ownership of the church was to be revealed. The town erupted and total chaos ensued with bizarre behaviors and activities that stunned everyone.

Remember ... Decca's primary goal in all that she does is to be able to perform the necessary ritual to awaken Cthulhu, and she will stop at nothing to make this happen ... with or without Pinthas.
break-c.png
Ch 13 / Journal Entry - 17 September 2345
Official Church Ownership Results / Total Chaos Breaks Out
Jasper Casebriar Reporting

Ever since official results proving authenticity of historical documents were presented by Decca, there have been riots, picketing and total chaos in the streets. Police have engaged the crowd on numerous occasions and there seems to be no end in sight to putting this to closure. We have seen odd glowing green lights within the church. Authorities continue to work on getting the crowd to dissolve. However, it seems to be growing daily. Decca will be making a formal statement in moments with the hopes of putting all of this to rest.

After explaining the historical background dating back to the original creation of the Church of Cthulhu in the 1500s, Decca also explained to the people enough to help them understand many events that transpired throughout the centuries. Decca seemed to calm the crowd, almost in a mesmerizing way. When finished, the quiet among thousands of people was almost transforming.

For that moment, time seemed to freeze, and all appeared to be moving toward a peaceful resolution. That, however, was not to be. Somewhere in the crowd, whether it was from hired crowd activists or just unruly members of the community, different types of debris was being thrown at the podium where Decca was standing. Soon after, a riot broke out. Members from the crowd started to rush the church in an attempt to take over. Police continued to work on crowd control and they were losing the battle. It appeared that the fire line was about to be breached when from the podium a flash of green burst forth. The flash was small, but large enough to create a momentary startle effect and the crowd stopped for a second. Not seeing any other disturbance, the crowd continued to press the fire line of protection. It was at this point Decca decided that this whole event was over.

Taking the podium one final time, there was a loud buzz in the air. The voice of Decca resounded to the crowd.

Enough! This is my church and has always been. You will all go home now and end this charade.

The greenish hue started to emanate from all around the podium and started to expand out into the crowd.

I have been tolerant up to this point, but now my patience has grown thin.

The greenish hue now extended out encompassing all members of the crowd.

Anyone who does not leave and go home will experience the wrath of Cthulhu, and he will have no mercy on your mind or body let alone your pitiful souls.

The greenish hue was completely engulfing Decca who was now levitating above the podium. Sparks exploded forth from Decca. Then the screams started, slow at first then a small snapping sound started.

Members in the crowd started to experience pain associated with the snapping. Within seconds, the snapping increased to an electrical buzz and then a buzz-like sparking became nonstop. As intensity manifested, there were more screams emanating from the crowd. Moments later people were running for their lives while the intensity continued.

Screams of madness, pain and torture were now coming from most all of the rioters. Decca was nothing more than a glowing green ball of energy commanding sparks and beams of green into the crowd. Soon people were dropping to the ground as others were running away with their hands holding their head trying to get away from the intense pain and agony. At the end of it all when the energy dissipated, the fallout was evaluated. Hundreds of people lay dead on the ground and hundreds of others were rolling around with their hands on their head trying to relieve the intense pain they were experiencing. With that, Decca, having returned to the ground, turned around and walked back into the church without making a sound or uttering another word.

Reflections ... as written by Dark Moon Enigma

Good that Jasper Casebriar was strategically positioned to observe all of this chaos without being affected by it like the rest of the crowd. There's something to be said for dedication above and beyond the call of duty, but I'm not sure I wouldn't have hightailed it out of there the minute the glowin' of the green started.

Let me bring something back into focus here for a minute ... the Cultists don't come by this greenish hue of flaming sparks naturally. I reported that one of the Outer Gods named Tulzscha appears as a pillar of green flame during incantations by the Cultists in their circle of evocation. However, the flame is cold with no warmth and no shadow, and it is attributed perhaps to the amount of energy taken to summon him. Tulzscha gives power to the Cultists, and at this point, I am assuming that this power needs to be periodically renewed. This obscure entity who dances in the court of Azathoth only has a small number of worshipers which are mostly the Cultists that I have been able to ascertain.

OuterGod-Tulzscha.PNG
Lovecraftian-CreaturesOfCthulhuMythos.PNG

This opens up a whole new chapter ... and something to think about ...
break-c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Monday Write-Up #9 - Pinthas Response

DSEC9-Reveal-9a-080122.png DSEC9-Reveal-9b-080122.png DSEC9-Reveal-9c-080122.png DSEC9-Reveal-9d-080122.png DSEC9-Reveal-9e-080122.png DSEC9-Reveal-9f-080122.png

I seem to find myself constantly trying to get out of different situations or predicaments. I don’t purposely make an effort to place myself in the middle of things, it just seems to happen that way. In looking at the current images, I reflect on what I see and the uncanny resemblance of long ago with fearful trepidation.

Nostalgia has a way of creeping into our thoughts, but I do my best to relive what I remember to be the good feelings, and forget what was not so good. Isn’t that the way, putting a positive spin on what might otherwise be concerning? Or is it just a means to shield ourselves from what we know to be shadows lingering just outside our reach, hoping that things will be different this time.

I want to remember a fountain running with beautiful streaming water and luscious sounds of harmony. Visual construct is a meaningful way of holding onto an elusive memory, but deep down I can see it all, the aging and decay that has set in that has more meaning to others than myself. I want to sit under the gazebo and take in the sounds of nature with birds singing and the wind whistling through the trees, but even I know at this point that this is a false narrative. I find myself clinging to reality, knowing at times that it feels like it's slipping away. The image of the gazebo is frightening, and I perhaps more than others know the reason why.

So how do we get unplugged from this overwhelming and apparently impending doom and recharge our senses to be more alert and ready for when we will most certainly need to face evil forces, maybe even more than we've ever had to do before, or can we? I don't wish to be alarming, but I feel I need to be given what I experienced in the past and what I know Decca is capable of, that memory is real.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
break-c.png

Road-To-The-Reveal-10-080822.png

break-c.png
I don't want to sound alarm bells, but this doesn't look good ... Discuss ... or Speculate ... your choice. :p

Just remember ... I can't answer any questions. :nana

break-c.png

DSEC9-Reveal-10-080822.png
So, who is the NPC parading as a Shub Cultist ... and do you feel safe taking a mission from this entity?
break-c.png
DISCLAIMER
break-c.png

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
If i remember shub lore correct, its the skin thats the creature ? maybe thers a good person inside ?

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
I not aal that familiar with Monrian lore. But if it ever shows up on Toulan and makes trouble there it can eat some of my laser beams :p
If if has the same lvl as the shubs on Monria i might be the one running away after i shot a few tho :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Monday Write-Up #10 -- Pinthas Response

DSEC9-Reveal-10-080822.png

If I must, I must. Sometimes we go into the rabbit hole only to find out too late, we are the Rabbit. Do I dare look into the caves yet again for more information to help overcome the threat that is DECCA? I know what this means and what treachery lies ahead. Isn’t it always the temptation of what we could have and then once we realize what we have agreed to, we wonder why did we agree?

As was once said by Carl Jung; “The sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.” We will do what we must, and down the rabbit hole we go.

Top Bottom