Eleni & Miles

DaJuggernaut

Have read most of the posts here on the Toulan forums, some of them multiple times. Thank you guys for your great contributions and help. I think it is great that you guys are long time Toulanians. I am spend quite a bit of time on Ark, but have recently been spending more time on Toulan, but I never seem to see either of you in the chat. Would be great to see you guys or other long time Toulanians on the chat more often.

Not complaining or trying to tell you how to play, but it would be really nice if there were a few more experienced voices regularly in the planet chat.

Thanks for your consideration.

DaJugger

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Hellow Jugger,

How warm to see a dedicated thread just for us two :rolleyes:
I am very thanksful for your nice words, this is just the best reward that could be expected, consideration.

I will speak for me only here and will let Miles elaborate his own way.

First of all, I have every chats turned off, except Toulan one - i am present on Toulan chat, all the time.

Lets say i am more a spectator than a chatty cathy, and this is more the most common reasons:

-My main activities are hunting, and drawing facepaints.
Most of the time, when i decide to hunt, i camp a spot for the day, and never return either to a TP, the village, not even an outpost if my hunt is not very challenging, and i dont die.
So for ~8 to 12 hours, i will be frenzy shooting, and i keep focused on my system log, and not Toulan chat.
I will catch up with the chat when i get a little break, but we know that Toulan chat is not very active, so its a quick browsing.

-When i draw a facepaint mask, this is a 5 to 12 hours job average.
Now here i totally turn the hub off, as i need the plain screen with as less windows as i can do i can zoom and swing my pen freely - this time again i check time to time but most of the time i reckon the chat irrelevant.

-Now other parameter i consider, when i see "tourists" or unknown names, i tend to watch them first.
The very common issues on Toulan are:

1. What?! no vehicule?? This rock suck, im off.
2. Hi i just landed, where is the rig?
3. Hi where are the main quest? i heard we get clothes and they sell well.
4. Sell hides 200%, ore/enmatter 130% and nawa 140%

When i see all of this above, the name goes straight on my blacklist (not ignore, but my inner blacklist)

-Now, when i see people willing to do things, in a struggle, trapped in a Evil mind mind-game mission the developers made to trap us, then yes, i do react and try guide them throught, without really teling the answer, so it stays magic for them to accomplish it.

-CUHOF instances, i made a map with the location that i can drop to everyone when they are after it, so even when i am away, i can link them the map.

Mobs, loots, crafting, lores, i can help and i do help with pretty much everything but mining, as its above my knowledge, if not the rough location of the ressources.
Sadly there is rare demande for such advices, but be sure i do pop in when someone is showing good will to do on Toulan.

Now i never said if to Miles, but the last person i am pretty proud of is Audrey, so if you are reading... :p
She just remind me exactly how i was when i first landed on Toulan.
Im not in the registery and i rarely speak, but she managed to find and PM me, and on her first lines, she was just speaking like i was when i discovered Toulan - this just brought sparkles in my eyes :rolleyes:
Keep it going Audrey, you are amazing.

So in the big lines,
It is not because you cannot see it, that it cannot see you :eek:

Fell free to summon me in Toulan chat if ever it is needed, i should be watching if i am online.

EDIT: Oh yes, and Miles and myself are totally opposite hours, so except in week ends, its either him or me online, but rarely us both.
I am European hours when Miles is US.

Hope this answer well what was demanded.

Be safe,
E~

Last edited:

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
Guitly

Hi DaJugger,

Thanks for the kind words. I am almost unpardonably guilty of not joining planet chat. Part of the reason I try to share a lot here on the forum, and on the Toulan Wikia, is because I am in the US and play late at night, which puts me in one of the quietest times of day. I'm always surprised at the number of avatars when I log on at other times.

When online, I am all over the planet hunting, mining and crafting. I try to be helpful, answer questions, add as friends, etc. when I do run into people, but I keep myself busy.

I'll give planet chat a try...

Cheers, Miles

Audrey

Now i never said if to Miles, but the last person i am pretty proud of is Audrey, so if you are reading... :p
She just remind me exactly how i was when i first landed on Toulan.
Im not in the registery and i rarely speak, but she managed to find and PM me, and on her first lines, she was just speaking like i was when i discovered Toulan - this just brought sparkles in my eyes :rolleyes:
Keep it going Audrey, you are amazing.

*Blush* you make me.. :eek:

Top Bottom