Entropia Enjin Collaboration

Cxaxukluth

Spawn of Azathoth
Ever evolving with new technologies, MindArk has been assessing recent blockchain developments and what they might offer to established virtual communities such as Entropia Universe. MindArk’s management team has determined that many of the recent gaming-related announcements in the blockchain space bear a lot of similarities to the experience that Entropia Universe has offered for nearly two decades, and thus large-scale integration of such technologies would not add significant value to the virtual universe experience.

There are, however, opportunities for targeted partnerships and system integrations which could extend the reach of Entropia Universe to new audiences, specifically enthusiasts of the “metaverse” and “play-to-earn” concepts that have received a lot of media attention recently. As such, MindArk has begun a collaboration with Enjin to release five unique eggs as NFTs (non-fungible tokens) on the ERC-20 Ethereum network via the beta launch of their new project, NFT.io.

Each of the five NFT eggs will provide the holder with the opportunity to become an Entropia Universe Affiliate and earn 10% rewards for any Entropia Universe avatar accounts recruited by the holder through their unique URL. These rewards will persist with the entire life of the affiliated accounts. Each egg is also associated with one of Entropia Universe’s planets, and avatar accounts recruited via the holder’s unique affiliate link will spawn on the associated planet. In addition, once Entropia Universe Unreal is launched, each of the five eggs will hatch into a unique virtual companion for the NFT holder.

It is MindArk’s view that the certificate of ownership utility that these eggs provide is an ideal use of NFT technology. Unlike purely speculative NFT sales that thrive on scarcity over function, these unique eggs provide rewards-earning opportunities over time via the holder’s affiliate account. The NFT may be sold at any time, allowing a new owner to build upon previous marketing and recruitment efforts. MindArk is confident that these unique eggs not only provide utility to the NFT owners, but offer value to the Entropia Universe community as a whole.

Additionally, as Enjin’s Efinity is released in the near future, these tokens will be tradable with significantly reduced fees on the Polkadot parachain network if the owners choose to do so.

To participate in this auction, please visit the Entropia Universe page on NFT.io linked below to learn how you may obtain these first-of-their kind NFTs when the auctions begin in August 2022.

Entropia Universe NFT Collection

Continue reading...

So they want people to pay to recruit players to Entropia? Ya I can think of 5 websites in all of the internet that would benefit. If they just allowed everyone to be an affiliate that would be smarter.

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
Can't argue with that.
I must say tho, if i had the means to buy the Toulan egg i would.
If only to own a unique thing from Toulan. I'm unable to sell the game to my friends so i don't see me convincing complete strangers to benefit from the affiliation.
I do believe that a capeble person could make this work in their favor, especially when the new engine gets released.

I do hope a Toulanier will be able to win the Toulan egg.

Morrath

VCAT Team Member
Virtualsense Media Support Team
oh wow - crazy - $1,600 USD for one egg????

1659367048097.png

impossible ROI and we might get a cool pet for that much... and I agree only a few websites are still active and some tools and a few youtubers/twitch.

I would of take that opportunity to use market EU better and make those eggs like 500 starting at $10 and use ENJ instead of WETH.

Well it is shame to test NFTs that way to EU community - all of us interested can't spend that much on an NFT where we have to work even harder to get more users to sign up... :rolleyes

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
That prize was put on it the day the info got released. 1eth ;)
But yes as most things MA sells it is expensive, at least for me. All depends on your financial situation i suppose.
Only time will tell if it is the prize was worth it or not. Like what buf(s) wil the pet have if any.

Morrath

VCAT Team Member
To Who ever bought the Toulan Egg - Congratulation!!!

I would of love to acquire it of course since I own 2 websites for Entropia Universe. :D

And I would like to offer my services to make the website/marketing for that owner to promote their affiliate URL and host for free with the domain of their choice and free ads on EntropiaMarket.com and EntropiaHub.com

You might ask why - we need to keep those type of onboarding flow to acquire new players for EU - good for all of us in the long run. And we will get a nice incoming flow of new players for Planet Toulan.

DM me when you ready Mysterious Egg Owner

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
The winner of the Toulan AND Arkadia Eggs is the following Entropian ... to date it only shows these 2 NFT assets at his site ...

Toulan / Arkadia Eggs Winner

Bid History on the Toulan Egg

He is unreachable in game through the User Register or mail system, and while he responded on the EU Discord after the win and the discussion was going on, he is not accepting messages on Discord either ... I tried.

However, we don't know what his intent is with the eggs, but he has now placed a bid on the Next Island Egg as well ... there's a bid on the Cyrene Egg but it isn't his.

I too was willing to work with the owner of the Toulan Egg because we have a lot of resources that would be beneficial for them, and I am also working on a new PDF project about why Toulan is a good starting place for new players because there's everything available to go from new to mid-level, but ... we also have the other 2 locations that can benefit them too ... more on that later.

I guess we'll have to wait to see how it all works out.

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
However, we don't know what his intent is with the eggs, but he has now placed a bid on the Next Island Egg as well

It seems like the intent is reselling? I mean you can't have affiliate status multiple times as a single entity??

Is the affiliate status transferable with the sale of the eggs?

Morrath

VCAT Team Member
Yes - only one account for sure as long as you won the NFT contract. I really thought they would sell 100 NFTs for $100 each so that all the content creator for EU would be rewarded for our service :D

I mean we dont need a pet - this can be for special edition egg type of thing!

Ohhhh please put a Shop deed inside that egg LOL!!!

So sad that there is only one :( - I have to wait 10 years and no interest for that Toulan egg to get it at 90% off :D

WangXiang

Bringing along the Moon with me
Shop Owner
Platinum Sponsor
There is a disconnect between the NFT "acquisition" and the affiliate status (you have to sign a specific agreement with MA), which makes the whole process - including reselling - quite complex.

In addition, you don't necessarily know beforehand what information is required and what is the content of the agreement you will have to sign. Not transparent.

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
In addition, you don't necessarily know beforehand what information is required and what is the content of the agreement you will have to sign. Not transparent.
True but the owner of the egg is expected to contact MA not the other way round so it is quite possible for the nft to change hands without regard to affiliation

WangXiang

Bringing along the Moon with me
Shop Owner
Platinum Sponsor
True but the owner of the egg is expected to contact MA not the other way round so it is quite possible for the nft to change hands without regard to affiliation

Yes, it is possible. What happens regarding the affiliation of the previous owner then? What is the value of the egg if there is no affiliate program attached to it?

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
Yes, it is possible. What happens regarding the affiliation of the previous owner then? What is the value of the egg if there is no affiliate program attached to it?

Well the way it reads to me is that until the egg owner contacts MA there is no affiliation? And affiliation is not guaranteed since the owner has to be approved by MA. It all lacks transparency as you point out.

Top Bottom