Entropia Universe 15.0 Release Notes

Toulan Genie

Administrator
Taming
Version Update 15.0 includes the first phase of reintroducing Taming to Entropia Universe. Future updates will introduce exciting new Taming features such as pet buffs and equipment, as well as features specifically related to the ComPet app that will be released early next year.
In this first phase, existing pets will become active once again and each planet will feature one new low-level tamable creature:

• Arkadia - Nusul Puny
  • Calypso - Bristlehog Puny
  • Cyrene - Young Arret
  • Rocktropia - Panther Puny
  • Toulan - Tabtab Puny
Taming a creature
Tamable creatures are indicated by a heart-shaped taming symbol, to the left of a creature’s health bar. When you find a tamable creature, you first need to use a Whip to lower the spirit of the creature increase its respect. Once the creature reached the correct thresholds you will be able to use an action called “Attempt Tame” to command the creature to obey and become your pet.
Control
Pets are summoned from your avatar inventory. A summoned pet will follow your avatar around, and various information and commands are available from the pet dashboard that appears when a pet is summoned.

Mood
Your pet will have different moods depending on how it feels, so it is a good idea to keep your pet engaged while summoned.
Energy
Pets consume energy over time and gain experience over time while summoned. Energy indicates how well fed a pet is. Right click on Nutrio Bars in your inventory in order to feed your pet. Energy level affects a pet’s mood, so be sure to keep your pet well fed.
Affection
Depending on how it is treated a pet will gain affection towards your avatar. Keep treating it well and something good might be given in return due to the deep connection you have built up.
Experience
As you engage and care for a pet it will gain experience levels. Higher levels unlock different commands and tricks that a pet can perform. Additional commands will be added in future updates.
Focus
Focus is a measure of how well a pet can focus when performing tricks and other commands. Be sure not to push your pet too hard in a short time period or it will lose focus.
Ancient Pets
Existing tamed pets from the old taming system are operational in the relaunched taming system, and are indicated as Ancient pets. The old pet maturities have been merged into one of two maturities as follows:

• Former pets with a maturity of Young - Guardian are now the default Ancient pet maturity, and have the parameters of the former Guardian pet maturity.
  • Former pets with a maturity of Dominant - Stalker are now known as the Ancient Strong maturity and have the parameters of the former Stalker maturity.
Whips
Two new crafted Whips have been introduced. The blueprints for these items can be found while crafting weapons on any planet.
Shrapnel
Shrapnel, a new stackable resource, has been introduced to hunting loot. All creatures on all planets will drop this new resource as a symbolic representation of salvaged battle debris, regardless of the type of weapon(s) used to defeat the creature. Shrapnel will replace a portion of the total loot value formerly dropped in the form of ammo, animal oils, tier components, paint cans, etc. Shrapnel is not used as a crafting component; instead, Shrapnel can be can converted to Universal Ammo at a ratio of 100:101, or sold to the Trade Terminal at face value.
Changes

• The Target user interface has been improved
  • Graphical improvements have been made to the Message Center interface.
  • Friend and Society invites and channel invites now always appear at the op top of the Message Center for improved visibility.
  • Improved dissolve/appear transition effects in the social interfaces.
  • It is now possible to teleport from Monria to Planet Calypso for a fee of 7 PED.
Fixed Issues

• Several Monria estate issues have been fixed.
  • The selected avatar portrait is now correctly displayed in the contacts list.
  • Fixed an issue preventing Motherships and Space Stations sometimes not appearing in the teleport destination list.
  • Fixed an issue resulting in the hangar entrance on Motherships sometimes not closing when restricted.
  • Fixed an issue resulting in new messages sometimes not appearing in the Message Center.
  • Fixed an issue with auction icons sometimes missing from Message Center messages.
  • Fixed an issue resulting in bank loans not displaying properly in some situations.
  • Fixed an issue interfering with sound effects for some BLP weapons.
  • General fixes to many sound events.
Known Issues

• Pets do not disappear when dismissed in estates.
  • Clear shader cache should be cleared via the Client Loader in order for the new dissolve effects to display.
  • Pet items do not always reappear in inventory when a pet pet is dismissed due to teleportation. Relogging resolves the issue.
  • The Rocktropia Panther pet portrait is missing.
  • The Toulan Tabtab pet may cause the 64-bit Client to crash on Windows 8. Using the 32-bit client avoids the problem.
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Neil Stockton

I can't stay in game for more than 5 seconds at a time... Arkadia and space were both fine, no crashes. Can't even stay in game long enough to get off the planet....

Have tried repair, restarting, all the "safe" settings I can, no change.

Neil Stockton

Neil, where are you located on the planet? and what windows OS are you on?
Have you tried switching between 32 and 64 bit?

At landing point on planet, windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit both do the same thing. I was able to log in on another computer, get a few tab tabs and fly back to space. After that though, I did experience a lot of crashes at the station as well as at Ark later (going into high gfx seems to cause crashes). So... not really sure what the problem is, I hear of a lot of crashes from other planets too so it may not have anything to do with Toulan specifically. It's not too bad now, if it starts up again I may try a complete reinstall of EU later on to see if that helps.

Mohammed|Beladcom

Beladcom Official
Neil thanks for the feedback.
The crashes issue is being addressed in next week patch, I would suggest to wait for the patch and see if it solves it before going into a complete reinstall of EU, sorry for any inconvenience.

ProgrammerGray

Stuck on Toulan

I can't stay in game for more than 5 seconds at a time... Arkadia and space were both fine, no crashes. Can't even stay in game long enough to get off the planet....

I am having the same problem. Windows 8 32 or 64 bit client. Safe mode and everything turned off.

5 seconds max before crash. My quad I landed is not in my inventory, may be in storage but I can not get to storage. Confirmed it got moved to storage.

Filed support case to move me off planet with my quad. Looks like I do not get to play the game for several days while I wait unless you can do this?

You guys have a fun world and I would like to continue coming here to support you but things like this make it hard to do so.

Please fix it soon.

Last edited:

Mohammed|Beladcom

Beladcom Official
ProgrammerGray sorry for the inconvenience, we are working on solving the crashing problem asap.
Your relocation case is being processed, please update me here if you're not moved soon. Thanks.

nokimchen

client auto exit

i arrived at Toulan about an hour ago, my client exited about 5 seconds after i reach Toulan. I could not even pick up my slepnir. Now, every time i login, the client exit itself within a sec. I tried the safe mode, 64 bit check, 64 bit unchecked, and all the possible setting i could, but none of them worked... :(

Update: After i did a full repair, its working now :))

Last edited:
Top Bottom