Epic mission chain + other stuffs

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Hi all,
I suggested some flying ideas last week, and it seemed to be welcome, so i thought id put it al in writting here, and further things i thought about.

One of my main concern is that codex thing.
Its too easy. Too fast.
Yes it is nice to get all these skills, even feels like cheating, but its short. Way too short.
And Meta is what is really appealing, earning attributes (writing this from Calypso :S )>

Given that the repeatable fades 10% per tick, and dont count for Meta, that means Codex will become obsolete pretty quickly, especially on small planets.
When people have a bad time on loots, they usually get the comfort on skill gain.
While the Iron and Quwa challenges gave us an extra motivation, and litterally lasted for years, I am concerned that Codex will not keep people hung up.
So what would happen on a flat loot period, if the side reward are dull?

What i have in mind is as title says.
A long lasting mission chain, similar to an iron challenge.
If i peek into the neighbor's house, similar to Arkadia Orantan chain, or daily badges on Cyrene.
Something that can be completed on a daily basis, with a daily cap, to give a daily progress, and be complete over years of grinding.
Reward to be discovered: Arkadia gave a vehicule, Cyrene give access to faction shops.
Im not saying that im not happy with the codex, i love it, its delightful, but i do miss the Challenge of the.... Quwa challenge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other stuffs

We had a silly talk about mindforces, and suggested some Toulan mindforce such as, holding a book, and casting spells.

Thought about another shameless Arkadia copy of the system with the Smuggler outfit.
Paying 1000TT of coins for a 0.10PED TT of clothes is pretty smart :D
Though it could give access to ANOTHER epic chain to grind, once done, would offer access to a new instance type, where worthy stuffs can be looted.

Feed the Misral :D
With appartments selling like pastries, im hoping the trader will sell goodies for misral, in the future... Im still saving, and not for an estate :D

Nawa and proper Toulan Vehicules
While i always thought we would see a begginer vehicule awarded, i would a never tought it be a generic car.
From the 12 Nov. 2014
The whole design of Toulan evolves over time, and I hear about Nawa operated Vehicles being tested at this time.

Thanks for your feedback, keep the valued input coming.

Again, nothing happened until you guys took over, so im grateful for this :)
But!

Nawa operated.
Please turn Nawa as fuel and ammos, please make me mine :D
And also from the early comic book of Toulan, where the vehicule (hovering scooter) can be seen.
vicul.jpg

I really thought this would be our guy. (Alhan's old vehicule)
Again, ill keep fighting, alone, for Toulan climate change, and refuse to accept the vehicules allowed on the Planet :nana
But that would be cool for everyone else :D

I think thats all i have in mind for now.
E~

Last edited:

sherwood

I'd love to see a epic chain too!
I have in mind something like the Zorra's missions that involve many aspects of the game, listen the storyline, crafting and hunting all kind of mobs in the specific of Zorra's chain.
For Toulan add some exploring stages, mining stages, instance stages and some kind of achievement like "swim 10km", "walk 100 hours", "meet the Queen Nara at least twice in your life", "cut down 1000 trees", "give to Eleni a unlimited sword" etc.

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
And also from the early comic book of Toulan, where the vehicule (hovering scooter) can be seen.

Where can we see this comic book? I would be very interested in reading it.

I agree a long term mission chain would add an extra bit of challenge to Toulan. Maybe it could eventually lead to a key to that door that never opens in the instances cave??

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Unfortunately the comic books have been lost.
It was on the old official Toulan forum, but the links from Farah are now only leading to VS main website.

I may have the books on my old PC disk, but thats not even sure :S

Derik LaPierre

My main concern is that Toulan does not have the gear I need to progress my character. I am currently facing an "armour wall". The mobs that I am able to hunt with my armour are pretty much done, or almost done. In order to progress to the next stage of mobs, I need better gear.

Weapons are less of an issue since even the limited toulan weapons can deal with the current level of mobs I am working on in theory (despite the problems with being uncompetitive economically), and importing limited MF chips is easy. The lack of unlimited Toulan weapons is a problem, but not an insurmountable one.

Armour is a different story. None of the limited Toulan armour available is adequate for player progression past noob mobs, and the only unlimited armour is the disciple Rifi armour which is fantastic for low level. Past that, we are stuck with going to Caly to buy the adequate armour we need (limited or unlimited) or grind Arcadia for the Viceroy progression. This forces me off planet for a very long time, and I am required to cycle my PED elsewhere.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Hey Eleni Where are the link from Farah ?
Hey Kendra :)
Entropia Planet was my Go-To for them, im sure they were on the Original Beladcom website, and not on the forum.
Planet Toulan: - And it's here...!
The first post of Farah send to the comics section, but now is only the Home Page of VS :)

Wow 😮
That was nice to see them again after all this time :D
Thank you BK !!!

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
I agree, i really hope we get a epic mission chain, and i wouldnt mind it to come soon, i really hope toulan gets to offer a long grind uber item, like other planets have. My personal favorite would be powerfist that could be taken all the way from beginner to perfected. But to be honest anything will do. Do we dare to dream about a ring ? would probably have to be quite hard and involve some heavy stop items, to keep the numbers checked, but players would probably be very impressed with that option :)

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
If my memory serves me well, thers a arab folk tale about a rope weaver and something with a fish and a ring, maybe it can be found and be a basis for lore ?

Leent

Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
I guess it’s too much, but I would like see, as Hally mentioned, some kind of upgradeable weapons. For example you can choose between several weapons types, like Sword/Powerfist/Laser/Blp and grind some Toulan resources. 1st “Tier” might be able to hunt low lvl mobs like tabtabs, and it’s needed to kill X amount of tabtabs (like 10k), get Y amount of tabtab loot, ect, to Upgrade it. 2nd “Tier” require same thing with Mokhats, for example, and so on.

Different types may need to hunt different creatures.

Also, it’s possible to add some amount of Mirsals needed to upgrade it (to add some more use cases).

It will add players feel of progressing skill wise and weapon wise.

And those weapons can be soulbound as well, even though I don’t like this concept.

Also, might be great to get some variations in upgrades, thus if you get Laser weapon you start with pistol and then can do a higher lvl rifle on continue with higher lvl pistol.

(Just a small thoughts I’m writing in a subway, sorry if it’s a bit chaotic)

Leent

Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
I don’t want it as well. Said only because otherwise my idea is too insane.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Some very nice ideas guys, and im glad many of us think alike :)

Why i didnt mention UL gear, is simply because it has been mentioned since 2014, and it is obviously overdue.
At the speed VS gets things moving, i am really not worried in seeing ULs coming in the very near future.

As Derik just mentioned, and it can be seen all accross the universe, is that despites all the good intentions from PPs, that MA does have the final word, to accept designs and implementations of things.
Of course i would love to see super UL perfect items and armors, but to hell if that would put Toulan in Cyrene's today "armor situation".
Arkadia has ULs, with Pirons and Gravis, and a rare (Unique item?) Eron/Smuggler LAW/Herman serie.
Sometimes, soulbound items is the trade off to get good gear, like the so delightful Viceroy armor.
You could get perfect items implemented, but think at what rarity MA would pull it (Pagasus/Perseus/Aquila and~ Monria UL armor?).
Or Cyrenes old ARC Elite, where only a handful feet have been looted over the years :D

Back on topic, i would LOVE an epic and long and difficult chain to upgrade simple armors/weapons :)

Please keep the ideas coming though, im really happy a lot of us would like similar things to happen :)

E~

Top Bottom