Event weekend Feedback

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
This is to give feedback on the weekends event, from me strictly as a player, feel free to comment and chime in everyone.

In general i had fun all weekend, it was exciting to try and get a page, the new mobs where interesting and things in general was well executed.

The start:
Wow what a huge number of players, very nice to see the boss mobs being spawned and absolutely hammered down by at least 100 players, it was over quite fast and the mobs didn't get very far, maybe this can be expanded upon, with either more sites, more mobs or new stuff ?

The spawns:
The wahesh was a fun idea, didn't imagine them crawling to shore, especially like how they where impossible alone, but quite manageable with big teams, we need even bigger mobs id say, maybe the Mazir ?
Duhol spawn worked ok, even if the big mobs movement in the hills caused them to fly around quite a bit, but a good mob to hunt for medium players.
Zajeer, these guys where also a good choice, they spawned a bit slow at times thou, but overall i think people really appreciate them.

Codex:
Its given that it would have been amazing with codex rewards, i heard you guys are trying to get it in, lets hope its in next time ?

Presents:
A mistake was apparently made, we will get them later, i look forward to seeing them.

What was missing (in my perspective):
I would have loved for there to be any kind of sense of completion, like global messages about the players or the mobs winning, or loosing, any kind of meter would have been perfect.
I heard from lower end players they would have liked some mobs they could solo easy´er themselves.
I know this is prolly on MA, but bigger and better loot :) personally i had hoped for the elusive Jalid armors, or unknown weapons, anything, but there where some cool surprises in the mix.

All in all, there were no big issues, well done VS team, i had fun, played to way to long and i am way to tired for my own good now. I very much look forward to next time!

This might be expanded upon later, but wanted to write something for now, cheers!

sherwood

I quote everything... I'm a Toulan newbie, and I spent maybe 1 month and a half on Toulan since in July when I came back online after years of vacations from Entropia. I like the planet for the atmosphere (I mean landscapes, community, the size of planet even if sometimes I would like to run in a bigger place to explore) and I really felt part of something important participating in this event. I crashed and/or had bad lag a few times during these 3 days but it's ok. Turning the graphic settings from very high to medium solved the issue.
Great work Developers Team! Really thanks to make the EU experience awesome as it was in my first days.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thanks for starting this thread Hally, it's always good for us to get feedback so we know what works well, and what might need a tweak or two ... and as I mentioned in the game, this new monthly event system was designed to have some flexibility, which means that going forward, there's room to create some variables.

It's important to us that we evolve with this new event system in order to make it an even more enjoyable experience, and while we may not be able to implement everything suggested, we will do our best to enhance it in ways that work better for the community.

We hope that everyone found at least something to engage in that made it fun. :)

Wren

Shop Owner
The event start was really an amazing thing to experience. I am not even sure having the mobs melt that fast was a problem. That charge was perfect. It was really cool seeing the enemy lines break like that. It was definitely a show of force by Queen Nara. Definitely more experimenting with that is warranted.

I want to second Hally's idea about those global progress messages to help pull people more into the event. Maybe repeated during the event a few times an hour.

Thank you for the fun!

The event was not bad, but there were a number of points that could have improved the experience:

The huge lag for everything denotes the lack of dedicated servers for this planet, which made the gameplay quite bad at times.

There was a brutal loss of some elements in the loot, mainly sunjot and qaffaz skins ... not many pieces of armor or weapons fell.

Some huge uberloot was missing.

There was not much continuity in the role of Queen Nara in the following days.

Sunjoq ... cute animals that I would have liked to see in an evolved version ...

The pages drops rate is exceedingly low ... I think only two fell in the event.

From a certain moment, the loot took a spectacular loss ... the guys from MA sticking their claws in?

But in general, thanks for the event, and if you have something new planned in future VUs, think about the drop rates of the skins (the most beautiful in the entire EU) and changing some textures of the mobs (duhol and barih) that don't look quite right ...

TY for all!!! :jumpclap 🇪🇦

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
What an event, very smooth and almost no issues that i have found.

The lag happened only at the start for me, the rest of the event was pretty smooth other then a little loot lag.

There was a brutal loss of some elements in the loot, mainly sunjot and qaffaz skins ... not many pieces of armor or weapons fell.
Has nothing to do with event and is an ongoing issue we on Toulan have struggled with for years. It is as far as i know something MA is responsible for.

Sunjoq ... cute animals that I would have liked to see in an evolved version ...
Absolutly, and i think in the future we can expect more mobs to become enhanced ;)

Codex:
Its given that it would have been amazing with codex rewards, i heard you guys are trying to get it in, lets hope its in next time ?
Yes please.

The pages drops rate is exceedingly low ... I think only two fell in the event.
Drop rate is perfect , all pages don't have to drop in the first few events. There were alot of discoveries made.

From a certain moment, the loot took a spectacular loss ... the guys from MA sticking their claws in?
Sounds pretty normal to me lol. Sure it sucks when loot suddenly vanishes but that is not a Toulan issue alone.

I want to second Hally's idea about those global progress messages to help pull people more into the event. Maybe repeated during the event a few times an hour.
I like this alot.

Some huge uberloot was missing.
It always is ;)

But in general, thanks for the event, and if you have something new planned in future VUs, think about the drop rates of the skins (the most beautiful in the entire EU) and changing some textures of the mobs (duhol and barih) that don't look quite right ...
This sounds like a suggestion you can make in that section of the forum, want to effect change on Toulan make a post there and it will get looked at.

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
I enjoyed it honestly, the fact that it was a hunting event where a page might drop made it more fun for me.

When there is an apartment up for grabs at a monria event that becomes more of a mission to achieve and although it is fun the pressure to win detracts from that.

So it was good to have a non competitive event imho.

Lag was not bad at all I found except when battling the bigger mobs and getting killed. The screen just wouldn't refresh even though I had tp's and could equip my fap and heal the image was of my squished corpse, and the only way out was to relog. Other than that I had very minor loot lag for the first hour but not after that.

The end of the event was a bit anti climactic, it got to about 23.00 and all the mobs disappeared. The end.

Maybe the Queen could give us a thanks for coming speech or something to mark the end of the "war" just to add to the feel of the weekend.

Finally I want to say well done to the team and people like Hally and Little Star and Bonnie and Wrench (and all the others) who bring even more to it.

It's my Mountain and the Duhol know it.

Puja

I had a great time :)

I felt like the start of the event was abit short and even abit to easy for the amount of players that was there, I would love to see a longer intro and maybe even some badass boss at the end event, more badass then there was ;)

It was a great stresstest also and there was abit of lootlagg but I assume that will be looked at for future events same as the codex part will be :)

After awhile the mobs stopped dropping Toulan specific loot almost all together and this was abit wierd and continued to the end of the event.

I was kinda expecting the mobs to attack diffrent parts of the map whit a server message telling you where they would attack so you would hafto go and defend that part of the map, but maybe it somthing for the future ^_^

I'am not sure what I think of the Zajeers as the lowest mobs of the event I found that the Duhols was actually weaker then the Zajeers maybe this should be tweaked or even consider add a lower mob to the event.

Maybe the queen should also reward the people for defending the planet whit a medal or somthing? :)

Thx for the event I had fun :)

sherwood

Maybe a it's a bad idea but I like it so here's my suggestion... Make the first spawn of mobs that happened east of Guardian Village closer to the Village and turn the turret off (something like the robot invasion that Happen in some fort on Calypso) The crafter and who wont hunt would be affected but hey it's a battle! You can go to craft indoor in other cities or help out repairing the fence of village

D

Deleted member 9432

Main issues:

- avg MU on envent mobs is too low ( under 101% )
- tt return was reduced for 3-5% than normal ( to me )
- all mobs stopped dropping Toulan specific loot since Sat till now
- no CODEX for event mobs
- loot boxes in CUHOF stopped dropping Mirsal tokens
- TT return in CUHOF is about 80% only ( and doesnt depend on your looter skill and gear )
- hunting only event ( nothing to do for crafters and miners )

GZ on the first event on Toulan for VS Team!
And thanks for the event!

Hally

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
Since the weekend was about the same setup, most of the feedback will be the same, but i will say that 1 deed and afaik 2 rare find is maybe a bit low, i for one would love to feel a bit more rewarded, especially since the mobs dosnt count towards codex (yet ?)
The start with the boss spawn worked very well, ofc there where great lag,but thats to be expected.

Svako

I think we can all agree that whoever lost the pages, did a great job and lost them really good.
We should stop looking for them and they will miraculously appear when least expected (works IRL, so why not in-game too?) :)
But event was fun as always, I personally enjoyed it a lot :)

LokoTM

The start of the event was awesome and i would love it if it would last longer next event.

I was ready to grind event and team hunt with my society but unfortunaly events wasnt realy interesting enough to keep my soc mates interested. I will offer few suggestions
Its common on Tulan that mobs are mixed with all maturities. Please seperate maturities. I understand you can not do much about the loot but hopefuly you can separate small maturity to medium to big maturity mobs. The name of the game was find a big maturity wahes to kill. Cherry picking mobs is not fun and made most of my soc mates leave.
Than second improvment that would make players stay and grind is if you enable codex for event mobs.

Chukano Wrench Crowbar

Hey all,

I streamed the opening and yes I crashed (just log in again lol) and it was a little laggy but its all part of the event guys: It is busy!

Things that I saw were DME Speaking to the gathered Hunters:
Entropia 2021-01-29 19.53.45.png

And us rushing through the gate to get them evil creatures!

Entropia 2021-01-29 19.57.05.png

And some random Screenshots when DME is afk (its a thing we do:)
Entropia 2021-01-29 19.48.04.png
:

All in all I had a great weekend. Loot? Not really here for loot just for an awesome event that makes you feel that this game is alive and still going places!

Loved all suggestions/feedback though so lets see what can be approved.

Kind regards,

Wrench

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Awesome photos Kendra, I am SO glad you caught the wormhole that Lars Sebra and I did from Guardian Village out to Sandy Shores where the Wahesh were, too fun. Lars has been my wormhole guy since back in the day, and always willing to provide some fun. :thumbsup

Top Bottom